July 25, 2014 | 1882 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Mango Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by sunbakedglory

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly the mango scent is really nice, but unfortunately the sent does not linger on (for me at least) , unless you layer with other TBS mango products like the body butter.
I buy this in singapore and it is really expensive.(S$30), but luckily i bought this half price during a sale.
It is oil based and catered for very dry skin, i have normal skin, but i wanted the hydrated look. when i use this in the shower my skin feel very hydrated, but after i have dried off, my skin tends to feel leathery. but there is a beautiful glow to my skin.
TIP: use this as a dry scrub ( meaning you skin must be dry), and wash off after, i actually liked how my skin felt after.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Lara_L

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, the scent is just amazing! And not just on me- after my shower, the whole bathroom smells fantastic :) It really smoothes out my skin and makes it lovely and soft. I did take off one star because of the oily residue, but overall, I'm quite happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by peacencarrots

DO NOT BE DAUNTED BY ALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS BELOW ME.
I experienced the exact same thing as everyone else that hated this product has, and I'm going to say WHY this negative aspect is actually a benefit.
First off, I purchased this scrub for $8.50 during their buy 2 get 1 free sale (it's now been reduced from $18 to $10 - I'd grab it while I still can!)
Second, a lot of people on MUA have been saying this scrub leaves a weird, oily film on their skin after using it. This is very true. But if those people could seriously take into account that this scrub is for VERY OIL SKIN (it says right there on the packaging on the very top of the lid).

When you use the scrub in the shower, yes, it does feel oily and gross. But when I towelled myself dry today (I used it for the first time after buying it yesterday), I found that my skin felt rich and hydrated. I didn't even bother to moisturize after using it.

The scrub does everything it says it would. It left my skin feeling smooth, soft, and a bonus point is that I don't even feel the need to moisturize after.

So don't be scared to buy it and try it out - it's not as terrible as everyone is making it out to be. One thing I wish it did was leave the lingering smell of mangoes on my skin after I'm done my shower (but realistically, no shower gels or scrubs leave the nice smell for longer than 5 minutes.)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

it leaves an oily film on my body after washing it off, so usually, i'll just use this first, and then a shower foam after that. i think the oily feeling is supposed to be the moisturising part, but its quite redundant eventually because i believe i have removed its moisturising properties by using another shower foam.. =/

i like the smell though, the scrub melts really fast, and i doubt i've cleansed my body clean with just this. i think it's salt that they incorporated in. Plus, the constant digging for the scrub in the container doesn't seem so hygienic.. would definitely prefer if it came in a tube or something?

i will not repurchase this, there are many better ones from TBS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

How come most folks un MUA don't like this scrub? It's really good and I always carry it along with me when I go swimming twice a week. The best part of this Mango scrub is that it scrubs really well and the grains dissolve on the body after a while which moisturizes my skin. That being said, I never have to bring a body moisturizer when I have this 'cause the fruit oils in this scrub leaves my body soft and with a delightful sheen.

Only issue is that it's a little expensive but it doubles as a moisturizer when in a hurry so never mind the price.

If you leave the water running in the shower when you use this scrub, there's a risk water will enter the tub so turn the water off or place the tub at a distance, nemas problemas!

I alternate the mango one with the olive, both are equally awesome.

/Coky

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by brightpinkflowers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live in a humid climate, and bought this as it the packaging says this is for very dry skin. My skin is snakelike and flaky, so i thought this would be perfect. But NO, this leaves a very yucky, unclean feeling after, and i cant seem to wash it away.
Plus, when I try to scrub, the granules always disappear into my skin too quickly. I prefer their pink grapefruit body scrub and spa wisdom salt scrub.

I gave it a three star instead of just one because this might actually work for someone else..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like the scent, I don't mind the lingering scent at all. However it leaves behind an oily feeling. And it's not the same kind of oil left behind, as if you would have when you use their Body Butter?

The scrub was a bit like sugar granules, (versus the creamy ones like Coconut) and it was very harsh against my skin.

I did like using it on my legs though!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by minmin24

Don't like it, it melts upon contact with water, doesn't really have the scrubbing effect. I'd prefer the cream types like papaya.
Oh, and it leaves the oily feeling, which is supposed to be the moisturizing effect, but I didn't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dude did The Body Shop change formulas for their scrubs in the last few years or did I just not notice how bad they were before? This is like the shea scrub experience I had, smelled ok, scrubbiness of the scrub was ok, the weird skin I had afterwards? AWFUL. The only way I can describe it is if you use alcohol based hand sanitizer. You know if you use it a few times in a row without washing your hands you get that weird dry, and squeaky filmy stuff on your skin? That's what The Body Shop scrubs do to my skin. :( I would never buy this crap again. EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by blakie

I LOVE this body scrub. I don't understand why it got so low ratings. I really like the smell of mangos it reminds me of summer. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth, and I like to get out of the shower and smelling of mango and summer. HG!