Neostrata Self Tan

4.4

Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTa, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Popylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1

on 6/26/2010 6:56:00 PM

As a big fan of NeoStrata products and after reading all the rave reviews here for Insta-Tan, I just had to try it. I'm half way through my first bottle and I know I will be buying this product again. Best self tanner I've ever used. Easy to apply, no streaks, color is very natural looking, scent is milder than any self tanner I've used before, and I have had no problems with tanner transferring to clothes or bed linens. Little on the pricey side, but worth it. I was a bit alarmed at how dark my hands looked after application but I used a tip I read in some of the reviews, washing my hands with baking soda, which was very effective. The bottle is best stored leaning against something with lid up so tanner doesn't come gushing out when you open the lid.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I hate to do this...

Pros:

Color guide makes application easy
Color guide gives immediate results
smell is tolerable
formula is not too greasy
color is good!

Cons:

Price for amount of product in bottle
Color guide is tricky to get off hands... I washed every few mins to avoid staining
Colour is not as dark as some others after 1 use (multiple uses need to intensify... which means more product needed)
Staying power isn't that great... even with frequent moisturizing and avoiding baths/long showers
You can see the color come off during bathing/showering

I've been using self tanners for about 7 years so I like to think I am fairly experienced with them... This product is a bit above average but not THE BEST.. I've had similar experiences with products just from the drugstore. I might purchase again because I liked the immediate color the color guide gave me and because it did not turn me orange... still searching for HG...

on 2/20/2010 1:55:00 PM

After reading all of the rave review , I order the product and WOW! I love it! Very natural looking tan- and its instant! The smell is not as offensive as other tanners. Itís a bummer the company discontinued, but there are other skin-care companies that are still carrying it. Highly recommended!

on 11/8/2009 9:49:00 PM

This is the best sunless tanner I have ever used.

No orange, natural looking (but gives plenty of color!), and the scent really does not bother me. Use gloves to prevent stained palms.

People always comment on my nice "tan", and it's because of this stuff. I have to order it online from Canada, which is kind of a pain, but I do it because this stuff is worth it. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this stuff. I'm really pale, and it works great, and gives me awesome colour right after I apply it. (I used to use it a little less because it stained my hands horribly, even after I tried washing them. Then I found a little miracle product called baking soda ;) Seriously, try it, works like a charm.)

on 6/27/2009 11:15:00 PM

-had it on for about 2 hours now.
-Still not dried
-Not that bad of a smell
-slightly darker, but it's still too early
-Im kinda itchy
-feels like theres a greasy film on my skin
Things i did...
- I mixed it with my lotion because it wasnt going on smooth enough
- I expoliated/cleansed before hand.
- i shaved (not a good idea b/c it seepes into pores and looks like dark dots)
- i used a small amount and im not seeing a big change yet, so i dont know if i need to use more.
- i used gloves when applying

on 6/9/2009 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

works!!! awesome no streaking last pretty long. I'm really really pale and it made me very nice and tan.

on 6/1/2009 11:59:00 AM

This is one of the greatest self tanners I have ever used...it does not deliver that orangy color that most self tanners do, and it looks very natural on pale skin. I don't like to go in the sun much because my skin normally burns, so I have been resorting to self tanners for some time now. This is for sure the best one I have come across. Be careful not to apply it haphazardly though, streaks can occur. This product is worth the money. It is natural looking and does not damage the skin like the sun does.

on 6/1/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In general this is a great bronzer/self tanner. i like that it isn't a gross orange color (are you listening ROC) but my only complaint is the ultra quick drying time. i splotch a little on my forehead cheeks and chin and in those 2 seconds it starts to color my forehead. the result is a slightly darker mark in the middle of my forehead. but i'm learning to adjust my application method and all is well. an excellent, natural looking tan. i look like i've been at the beach for a few days but without the damaging effects. Oh, and it hasn't broken me out like the others tend to. will repurchase, definitely.

on 5/27/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Where are you ladies getting this product! I was all excited about ordering this out of canada but the site says it has been discontinued by the manufacturer! If anyone knows where to order please LMK.

Video Reviews & Tutorials