October 22, 2014 | 2007 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by imimi

This product removes my eye makeup but does not do a good job removing waterproof eyeliner/mascara. The main reason that I would not purchase this item is because it stings my eyes when I use it. I received a fairly large sample of this product but I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer the Mary Kay product over this, it's less oily and more silky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would repurchase this eye makeup remover and I have. Initially, like most others, I got a pretty good sized bottle of this as a GWP and when I finished it, I repurchased (though I kept the GWP bottle to decant into). I like that this product is effective at removing my concealer (MAC Pro Longwear) but doesn't leave a greasy, oily film behind that then needs to be washed off. Actually, when I first started using this, I didn't read the instructions fully and didn't realize you needed to then rinse with cool water (and even so, I didn't have any problems). What I really wanted and still want is a product you can use just on your eyes, say at the end of the day, if you ONLY want to redo your eye area because of smudges, without having to end up wrecking the rest of your makeup by washing off either an oily residue or this "solvent" (thought I find a cotton pad soaked in cool water works as well as rinsing with cool water). But I really like this eye makeup remover because it works without a lot of fuss and it doesn't seem to bother my eyes or the skin of my eye area.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else is seems I got this as a gwp. It does a reasonable job, however, it dried out my already dry eye area and gave me eczema :( I would definitely not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I received this a while back in a sample and it works soo well. It's oil free, leaves no residue and gentle on the eyes. It looks like water! But it removes eye makeup and waterproof mascara nice and easiely!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by RIX

Another recent item that was purchased for me as an xmas gift in error. I usually use Take the Day Off Remover for Eyes, Lids, Lips etc - however was purchased the blue 'Solvent' eye makeup remover instead. I was dismayed to see that this is a product that requires an additional step -rinsing with cold water to complete the application process -why?? Clinique has a much superior product in the form of TTDoff Remover which is a one step product and does the top efficiently and with no irritation or fuss. The word Solvent and indeed the blue bottle puts m off this product - after using - it does clean well -however i have found my lids and under eye area feeling tight and my eyes slightly gritty. I will retain this item but with use for minor touch upd around the eye area e.g after evening cleansing to swab with a cotton bud to remove residual eye makeup product from around waterline etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

I always use eyeliner, so a remover is important to me and used daily. I used to be loyal to the mabelline oil free make up remover. That was is still good to me, but this ones better. I have also tried the Rimmel one, and the Almay eye make up remover pads and the infamous Lancome removers. I prefer the clinique one to all of the mentioned. Removes all my usually black eyeliner and mascara, doesnt irritate my eyes or leave an oily film behind (hate that). Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by tashak23

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have been using it for over 10 years and will continue to do so. It is the only product that removes all of my eye make-up without irritating my eyes. All of the other removers I have used, have either stuung my eyes or made my eyes really itchy. I canmnot live with out this eye make-up remover !!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by annam2505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This removes eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara quite well - really. The only downside is the fact that this stings. I have not got sensetive eyes - nor does my mother - and the first time I used it I felt a sort of tingly feeling, but did not really think about it. I asked my mother how she liked it (this was without her knowing I had tried her brand new makeup remover just before, shh) and she said it stung. I remembered how I actually felt the same, and after that I can really notice it is rough when I am taking off my makeup.
Still, this is not a bad product, and it will be emptied. But sensetive eyes should watch out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I tried the sample size of this product fell in love with it, even tried to make it last longer by diluting it with H2O. But ended up getting the regular size. Still LOVE it. it clears my eye makeup so well. Unlike other brands it doesn't sting my eyes! This product wipes off clean without leaving a chemical film on my skin so I can still use it to clean up mistakes on my eye makeup without washing my entire face and start over. it works well with cotton balls, q-tips and everything else. Love it Loveit, i gotta get more!