Philosophy time on your hands

3.5

on 11/3/2004 5:27:00 AM

Did nobody else have an incident with getting this cream in your eyes?? The first time I used this, I accidentally rubbed my eye while falling asleep and it immediately started stinging SEVERELY and inflamed my entire eyelid into a puffy golf-ball sized mess!! It took three days for my eye to deflate!! That said, the lotion seems fine--it does have a bland chemical/sour smell, and the texture is thick but not greasy, though it takes a minute to work in. However, I can't attest to the exfoliating powers as I am now terrified to touch the stuff again! Keep away from the eyes!!!!!

on 10/12/2004 4:19:00 PM

Wonderful and very moisturizing. Am not one to 'prefer' hand creams until this one. Althugh the textrure is somewhat greasy, it really does make your hands look younger, and pampered. Too expenisve to keep next to the kitchen sink, but great for bedtime (works nicely on feet with big cotton socks, too!)

on 9/15/2004 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For a company that sells lots of "clean" scents and food-scented products, philosophy has a lot of foul smelling, ineffective products. I know some people find that this cream helps to exfoliate their hands, but for me, it didn't. And it smelled terrible. I had better luck for less money using neutragena products on my hands and exfoliating with a scrub once or twice a week.

on 5/22/2004 3:48:00 PM

not anything you'd be addicted to. Just plain creamy thing you put on your hands. Doesnt smell nice. Very sticky and eeeky. Not my thing. Probably wouldnt be YOUR thing too! Awww. too pricey for some "not too special" cream. blah.

on 3/30/2004 1:37:00 PM

It does what it claims as an exfoliating hand cream. I only apply it at night and at the morning I got softer younger looking hands. However, this is the worst smelling skincare product I'd ever use, like stale fruit tart... will not buy again due to this.

on 3/24/2004 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Philosophy products seem to be hit or miss with me, and this one is a definite miss. I'm glad I got a sample first, because this stuff didn't exfoliate my hands, didn't absorb at all, and actually made my skin drier than it was before. Oh, did I mention that it smells like a urinal cake? Yuck.

on 2/16/2004 4:58:00 PM

Oh great, another Philosophy product that smells nasty. How can they make such yummy smelling things to scrub the body with and then all their lotions are yucky? Anyway, I realize this wasn't a moisturizer, but it made my hands feel tight and dry. Not good. I'll use it until it's gone just in case it does have some sort of anti-aging properties, but I won't buy it again.

on 1/25/2004 8:32:00 PM

This has the same weird scent as soul owner. I only use this at night. It does keep my hands soft but I won't repurchase. My husband is not to found of the scent...

on 1/22/2004 11:07:00 AM

I received this as a gift along with other philosophy products. I hated the really strong smell of this hand cream, and it felt very greasy on my hands. I only apply it before going to bed. My hands felt soft in the morning, but for its price I don't feel it did anything special. I'll stick to camille beckman glycerine hand cream!

on 1/16/2004 10:48:00 PM

The version I am reviewing is the one with glycolic acid. I used it both a.m. and p.m. I layer a sunscreen over this product in the daytime. I've been using Time on Your Hands for about 3 weeks now, and the lines on my knuckles have softened. In terms of moisturizing level, I don't think it is strong enough. But I am mainly using the glycolic component for hand rejuvenation, not hydration. What I do is I use time on your hands underneath a regular moisturizer at night. That seems to work fine. But I do like this product because I do feel that my hands are getting "younger." I see improvments after 3 weeks, so this product works for me.