October 20, 2014 | 1143 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my old favourite. I have been wearing it for years in the colour ivory. I recently switched over to the benefit oxygen wow (to try something new) and was disappointed. I now mix the o.w with this trusty old friend and it works a lot better. It can get shiny but doesn't seem to cake as much has others do. I really really recommend buying the pump that goes with it and reusing it with each repurchase. AUSTRALIAN BUYERS - I have recently found this on the website www.oo.com.au in some colours from $35 - $40 with free postage as opposed to the new "discounted" price of $50 from Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jennifermac11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As a Clinique beauty advisor, I'd just like to mention that this foundation is intended for people with dry/dry combination skin types. It is not the best option if your concern is with oil control. It is also moderate/full coverage so it does feel a bit heavier.
I recommend perfectly real foundation for combination skin types. It offers moderate coverage and has a larger colour selection.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by aluxeruzzo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really great foundation. I was going through a phase where I felt like everything looked like crap on my skin, my face looked like an oil slick after an hour or my foundation started to look weird and blotchy and flaked up. I realized the problem was that I was buying all these foundations that were for oily skin to control my oil but my skin can be dry in areas too so the oil control was drying out my skin. I'm the type of person to completely base my opinion of whether to buy a foundation or not based on the reviews of this website and when I saw it didn't have that great of a rating I reconsidered even trying it. But, I'm so glad I bought it. It looks natrual and stays on for about 8 hours. I do have to blot my oil about 2 times, but it's much better than having crappy looking makeup. Just goes to show that just because a product doesn't have great reviews doesn't mean it won't be great for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by hollyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin so I decided to try this Clinique foundation, however it unfortunately gave me small bumps on my forehead by the afternoon and I had to wash it off. I now wear LORAC - Natural Performance Foundation and it is the only foundation that does not break out my sensitive skin and looks great!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, this doesn't work well for me. Firstly, doesn't control oil at all. Aft 2 hours, oil from my nose start to appear. Not sure about the hydration cus I dun see any difference with my cheeks. So I don't think it does what it says. I don't like the packaging at all. No pump. I dunno how much do I need it. Gonna return it. Never going to purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Jessicaxjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The shade matches beautifully, I'm in "petal". but it's a little heavy. I wish it had a pump. The smell throws me off a bit, too. It's definitely on the lower price end of higher end makeup, have to appreciate that. I feel like I could get the same thing from the drugstore, though. It does balance out the dry spots so they're not as noticeable.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by crayna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin, but with fall starting my skins been kinda dry is places, so I decided to try the super balanced foundation. I don't know if mines old or what, but this has no staying power for me & I notice it makes me oily in places I've never been oily before. I wouldn't repurchase. If you're looking for a good Clinique foundation I recommend stay matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mellyelly213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have really dry and sensitive skin and this is the best foundation for me. Drugstore foundations make me break out or at the very least irritate my skin. I have fair skin with a neutral/yellow undertone and their Breeze color is perfect for me. I can never find my exact shade in drugstore makeup. I am also really cheap with makeup products, but I will continue to spend the money on this one because it lasts me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One word, perfect! Recently I have had combination skin and my current foundations are all to moisturising so I thought I would try this am I'm glad I did! It glides over dry patches whilst also managing oil control. Can't recommend this enough so glad my mum recommend it to me. The only draw backs are the fact that it does not have a pump, you can not see how much product is left and the price but trust me it's worth it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by leakyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this product time and time again because I bought it at a time where I was trialling new foundations and had no previous experience. Now having tried a few afterwards I will definitely not be buying it again. I am prone to oily skin, but dry skin in the winter so thought it would be good to get a colour match in my local department store, they matched me to a light shade of alabaster though you would swear I have a more olive tone than a fair. I advise you do not buy this product if you are prone to oily skin, I work in high temperatures and this foundation did not sit well, it is very liquidy and within two or three hours it would streak and melt off my face revealing all my red patches and made my oily face look far worse than it was! I suppose if you had dry or normal skin this foundation wouldn't be such a problem. The bottle is simple, it can get messy as there is no pump and you don't need to apply much for coverage. I moisurise and prime before I apply and it seems to make no difference.