April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Other - Supersmile - Professional Whitening System

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ciat

I would encourage anyone who wants whiter teeth to try this. It's way less expensive than trays or strips, etc. You brush your teeth twice a day anyway and using this product automatically whitens as you brush. There may be a little sensitivity the first few days but you can back off a bit. I first saw this on HSN and the elderly gentleman who produced this product said his grandkids used it. I think it really works if used faithfully and I see no drawbacks to its use. It even comes with 2 toothbrushes that are stiffer than most to really scrub your teeth. Give it a try. I saw results within a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 9:59:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I consider myself an expert in home whitening treatments. I have tried them all, and know what works, and what doesn't. My greatest success in the past has been Crest Whitestrips...great results, economical, but inconvenient to use. Finally, someone told me about the SuperSmile system. I was very hesistant. I have been using whitening toothpaste since they first hit the market, with minimal, if any, results. At $70 for a 6 month supply, I was debating SS for weeks. I ended up finding the kit on eBay for half the retail price, so I bought it.

The system consists two tubes..the whitening toothpaste and an accelerator. You put a squirt of each on a dry toothbrush, and brush twice a day for two minutes. I use a Sonicare toothbrush, which has an automatic two minute timer, so I was all set. It takes up no more time than brushing your teeth, and the results are immediate. Within 3 days, my teeth already looked whiter and brighter. Also, ALL of your teeth get white..not just the ones in the front.

Finally, a whitening system that takes only 4 minutes a day, with noticeable results! Even better...those 4 minutes are the same 4 minutes you would spend brushing your teeth anyway! Several people have already asked me if I have had my teeth professionally whitened (including my sons orthodontist!). Now the cattiness comes out in me. I never mind sharing my secrets with my MUA buddies...but I don't know if I want to share this cool find with my all of my girlfriends.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using drugstore whitening toothpastes with zero results, I started looking into professional at-home whitening systems. I realized that I would never consistently use any system that required an extra step (e.g. GoSmile), no matter how simple the step. Enter Supersmile!
I love that Supersmile is a toothpaste. I already brush my teeth 2x a day, brushing with Supersmile instead of something else is a no-brainer. No mess, no waiting, no extra steps, and nothing to carry around with me. I also love that all my teeth, front and back, are whitened. Systems that only address the front of the teeth I can see personally bug me.
I've used Supersmile toothpaste and accelerator for about 6 months now with very good results. My smile is noticably brighter and more white. I got even better results when I switched from a plain toothbrush to an Oral-B Spin Brush Pro. I've not experienced any tooth or gum sensitivity.
The Supersmile system is more cost effective than I expected. I started with the smaller tubes (approx 1-2 oz) which lasted 3-4 months and now moved to the mac daddy sizes (approx 3-4 oz). Since anything that stains a white t-shirt can stain your teeth, whitening needs to be done daily to maintain results. For the cost, Supersmile is a good value. The larger size tubes (approx 3 oz) come with flip top caps, btw.
Bottom line: I got a noticably whiter smile by changing my toothpaste. No fuss, extra steps or selectively whitened teeth. Love, love, love! I've already repurchased and will happily do so again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Gail2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After discovering Supersmile Professional Whitening system I'm glad to put on a happy face! Do believe I've tried all the teeth whiteners - from the pricey plastic tray crafted by my dentist that too soon lost its shape to the slippery little strips that quickly slide off.

Now, with Supersmile it's no mess, no fuss and effective. I don't mean that it gave me a blinding Chiclet smile (thank goodness!). What it did was brighten and whiten the teeth of one who thoroughly and frequently enjoys coffee and red wine. It's a natural whiteness, very pleasing.

Did I say no mess? Correct. The Supersmile Professional Whitening System comes with two tubes one is a toothpaste, the other is the accelerator. Simply combine an equal amount of each on a dry toothbrush then brush in small circles for two minutes. Do this twice a day.

Then, while you may not be able to let a smile be your umbrella (really, what person in their right mind would want to do that anyway?), you will want to wear a happy face much more often.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2006 7:17:00 AM More reviews by hyze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is really very good. it's expensive, but totally worth it. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by anrabon

The name of the brand says it all.... awesome, awesome, awesome! Definite purchase for anyone wanting to whiten their teeth... drastic difference in even the most chronic teeth bleacher's grin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by works

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My teeth have never been so white! And they feel soooooo clean! It is the only toothpaste that I have used, that doesn't leave a film in my mouth. I have used other whitening systems and they are just a waste of money. I would much rather spend a few more dollars on a product that I know works! SMILE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Brandyc

Great stuff! I have used it only 1x and can already see a difference. It's kind of expensive. Accelerator kit was $35 so it's not cheap. But, my teeth are already whiter. I can't wait to see the results in a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I began using it after my last cleaning and have gotten teriffic results! Your teeth feel so clean and smooth! I've tried just about every whitening toothpaste (including Rembrandt Intense Stain Removal formula) and none of them provided the results that this product has!
I love the fact that the flavor of the toothpaste is not overwhelming and fades rather quickly. And it's VERY easy to use! Just replace your normal toothpaste with a pea sized drop of supersmile and acellerator on a dry toothbrush and brush for your normal 2 minutes, twice a day.
The one caveat is that progress is a bit slow with this. You will have to use it religiously for a good solid month before real results are noticeable, but it's not as if it will take an extra hour a day like Crest Whitestrips (I just could NOT use these things! My tooth pain was far too intense!). I've gotten my teeth at least 7 shades whiter in one month, with NO pain or sensitivity. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2004 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Shannon25653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think it rid me of stains any more than drugstore brands formulated to do so. My teeth weren't made any whiter. I'll stick with crest strips.