October 31, 2014 | 847 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Silk Dust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I ADORE this product! After reading reviews I had to try it and I don't regret buying it at all.

It comes in a cute little compact where the powder sits in a little compartment with a plastic plate with holes (I'm sure there's a much more succinct way of decribing this but it escapes me at the moment)thing between it and the powder puff. There's a handy little mirror in the lid so you can see the powder. Now the sieve does tend to get clogged with powder and requires a VERY gentle tap to get some products out onto the plate (which has a tendency to send the very fine powder flying everywhere if you're not careful!)

I bought it in rose which smells absolutely amazing. There's three different scents (rose, lavendar and citrus) which are marketed for different skin types but honestly I'm not sure if there's a difference (though I've not tried the others so I can't say).

The powder puff is a bit awkward (and gets dirty quickly when you apply powder over any makup you where - I only wear some blush and the puff is now a mottley peach colour) but compact and convenient. The powder goes on white but a gentle pat/swipe distributes it without a trace left over. I have dark Asian skin that tans at the slightest hint of sunlight and the fact that the white powder blends without a trace shows how fine it is.

It is the best powder I've ever tried. I find I have to apply about twice a day (my skin is quite oily) but in between times it keeps my skin lovely and powdery dry.

Will definately purchase this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 6:22:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Jurlique for being a great high end natural brand but this is sadly not one fo teh products worth the rediculously high price tag. I got the powder in rose, to die for smell! :) But this powder is the biggest hassle ever. I have never used a finishing powder so damn messy. It honestly is sooo finely milled that the air breathing on the compact makes it fly everywhere especially when opening even the lid. Traveling with this thing is out of the question to say the least and even at home I enver want to reach for it anymore. Also this doesn't leave a clean finish on my skin like other finishing powders I ah ve tried as I thought it being so fine it would relaly just dissolve into my skin and also it does leave it somewht smooth I feel it clogs pores a little and also almost leaves my skin feeling a little dry oddly (and I don't even have dry skin). So aside from the amazing smell there is absolutely nothing about this powder that is worth the price to me and I am jsut done with finishing powder as using a foundation powder compact is so much cleaner and does the job without having to use a million products on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by girlboyfriction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. I bought the citrus one after I discovered my old loose powder from clinique was breaking me out. It is on the pricey side, but totally does what it says, and all natural!!

It keeps my face from being a greaseball sooo much longer than my previous powder and smells great!(: plus doesn't cause me to break out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok...this is a really nice product and I generally love anything lavender. I didn't see a difference in making my skin look "better" or less oily. However, when I used a little on my hair, it was awesome. I love the packaging. It's a good product but I wasn't overly crazy about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by foreverlipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this! it smells heavenly! (rose) So far it is doing what it says, nice finish,absorbs oil, I think its a keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Skytenshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like a reviewer below me, I also used to rely on oil absorbing pressed powder (Clinique) to control my oily face. However, since using Jurlique's silk dust, I don't think I will ever look back.

This product, if applied in sufficient amounts, keeps my face oil free ALL DAY (and I mean ALL DAY), which means I no longer need to blot my face ten million times throughout the day. In fact, I no longer blot my face full stop.

I have wondered if baby powder would do the same job, but seeing how well the silk dust works, I'm afraid to try out cheaper alternatives.

I use the citrus one, and I wear it over my BB cream*.

*BB cream is a Korean invention and stands for blemish balm cream. It has become a major hit in the Asian market. It is basically a tinted moisturiser that contains sunscreen, but depending on the type you use, its coverage can be equivalent to that of liquid make up. It also doesn't feel heavy like sunscreen does. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

Update on 22 August 2013 - I've moved on to Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Skincare Powder, which is only sold in Japan at limited periods of time as a special product in the White Lucent line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by mysha25xx

It's amazing product-I'love it! Very friendly for skin-it's 100% natural ingriedients.Smells so beauty, like rose garden and really good reduce shine. Leaves the skin fresh and radiant. Usually I used it under my mineral foundation, but in summer this powder helps mattifing my oily skin during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Laurhen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews on this product and being on an "as natural as possible/non-toxic/organic" kick I thought I would give this product a try. I have moderate cystic acne so I bought the citrus powder. In the past I depended on oil absorbing pressed powders and I typically blot my face with oil absorbing sheets at least once every one to two hours.

This powder goes on smooth, evens out my skin tone and texture and does not make my face look thick and cackey (like most other powders do). Probably one of my favorite features is that you can reaply this product during the day (anyone with oily problematic skin has probably experienced the cackey mess that ensuse when you reapply most powders) and look just as fresh as you looked in the morning when you first applied your makeup. Also my makeup doesn't budge or crease.

Lastly, this powders controls oil amazingly well. I can go at least 4 hours without needing to blot my face. This is an amazing product, definitely my new HG face powder, I will never use another powder again! I WISH I WOULD HAVE DISCOVERED THIS SOONER, definitely would have saved me a lot of embarassment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by champagnestars

what more can i say i LOVE this! (: it has a really pretty finish, it can be used either just on it's own or after your makeup as a finishing powder. Not to mention the smell is just heavenly! It smells so lovely! (:

It doesn't cake AT ALL & helps to control oil (if any). It is really something i would repurchase! especially since i live in Australia now (its an Australian brand :p )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Reira

love it x 100000000000000000!

i have such oily t-zone which will shine like a grease-pan and makeup will get so cakey.

but with this amazing silk dust (i got the lovely rose one), the powder just goes invisible and my makeup stays even after long hours under the sun.

it doesn't cake up anymore (!!!!), though my t-zone still gets that little shine at the end of the day. no biggie as i could dab it away :)

im so amazed by how smooth and invisible it is :) oh, and i have such sensitive skin. well, no breakouts or bumps watsoever. amazing.

i've tried sooooooooo many brands of loose powder, be it clarins, loreal, revlon, fancl, shu uemura, dior, charcot, SANA geisha, blah blah blah. nothing works as well as this.

i'm sold. love it v.v.v. much ♥