April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is my FAVORITE facial wash. I've used nothing but this for almost 2 years. It cleans my skin and makes it really smooth. I'm not sure if it's good for acne since I don't ever get any but it's overall a great product. I have oily skin & it keeps my skin not too dry but not too oily either.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by M0nay07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too drying and that alone can cause an over production of oil on your skin to combat it. I did enjoy the smell, but when it comes to bar soaps I suggest ULTRA GLOW black soap!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works great on my oily skin. It cleanses without drying out my skin, lathers well, smells good and is affordable. The only thing I don't like is its tendency to get goopy. Make sure you don't let it soak in a wet soap dish. It has to stay dry. Whenever it goes on sale I stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jumperchick96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin is terribly acne-prone and before this product I'd been using a harsh benzoyl peroxide product which left my skin even worse than before. Then my mom told me she had an extra of these, so I decided to give it shot. Although it hasn't cleared my skin completely, my face definitely looks and feels better with this. It dries me out a little but but I use a moisturizer so that's really not a problem. Also, the bars get used up really fast for me, because I have to wash my face in the shower and it melts crazy fast. Luckily the three-packs are fairly cheap so I stock up whenever I'm at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kbenard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to face cleanser. I have dry skin in the winter and prtey normal skin the warmer months. I've tried various cleansers, from Proactiv to Olay to philosphy, but I always go back to this. The Neutrogena bar does a good job removing any access makeup and oil without leaving me too dry. I Love it because it is simple and easy to find. I have been using this for a almost 10 years, and I can't see myself giving it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by LauraL17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for 3 weeks and I like it a lot, its very gentle to my skin and it feels great! However I do need to wash my face twice to remove all of my makeup, other then that I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by vanessa15

oh man. i thought this would be pretty good, being fragrance free and all.. it dried me up sooo bad. I just washed my face with it, and i already put moisturizer on and it feels really tight! It also smells! Bad! Prefer my Simple gel wash way more.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by pastelflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a coupon for a free bar and was looking forward to trying this. I thought it would be gentle because it looks like the Purpose soap I used to use as a teenager.
Unfortunately, as soon as it touched my skin, it BURNED like nothing else! I washed it off immediately (desperately!) and my skin felt really tight and uncomfortable. I suffered some dryness from it but thank goodness nothing worse happened.
This soap definitely needs to be swatch-tested before using!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i was attracted to this product because it was so inexpensive and ingredient list seemed harmless. i purchase the unscented formula thinking i was safe, but this stuff broke my skin out within a day. so i tried using it as just a bar soap and that was a mistake too. it doesn't rinse off clean.. leaves some weird film that no other soap has done to me. this stuff just zapped my curiosity of the possible simplicity bar soaps can bring.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by AmyAngel96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, in the late 80's when I was just coming into my teens, I started getting acne and the Neutrogena bar soap (plus the Bonne Belle 10-0-6 toner) was recommended to me by EVERYONE. I tried it, and over the years I've tried a ton of other things as well. Nothing has ever cleared my face up completely. Over the past year or two I've switched to using mostly Neutrogena cleansing stuff (gels and scrubs), and when preparing for an overseas trip I decided to pick up a bar of this, just to have one less liquid to go in the little quart ziplock bag. I hadn't tried it since the late 80's and was a little wary, but figured I could handle it for a week.

And... I like it! My skin seems to like it, I don't break out any more than I used to and I think I may be breaking out LESS than before. My skin didn't freak out while out of the country - and often a change of water makes me break out - even though our shower and sink water was coming directly from a tributary of the Amazon river and was not exactly clean. It seems to be working just as well here at home, with my super-chlorinated city water. There is a scent to it (vaguely patchouli-esque, I think?) that took a little getting used to, but I don't dislike it.

The trip was in June, and I cut the bar in half and threw away the half I took to Peru (so I didn't have to carry it home), so I've been using just the other half since I got back, and there's still TONS left. I'll stick with this until the bar runs out, and probably will buy another bar then. I ranked the price as dirt cheap, just because the bar lasts so long. It'll be months before I need to buy another, and a full bar will likely last forever!

As long as my skin continues to cooperate, I think this is going to be my go-to cleanser. Cheap because it lasts forever, works well, easy to travel with... total thumbs up from me!