November 28, 2014 | 2005 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been battling a lupus rash on my face and my usual cleansing regime was causing my skin to become more irritated. This is my morning soap for starting my day with a fresh face without drying it out or irritating my rash. It's soothing and calms my skin down.

For evening cleansing and makeup removal I use the Cetaphil cleanser which takes my makeup off and sooths my skin for my evening medication applications.

I've used Neutragene products off and on for years and trust them fully.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Livcomley111

This is a no-nonsense soap bar. I have combination skin and it doesnt dry me out. Some advice is that if you use a liquid cleanser and suddenly switch to a soap bar it will be drying for a couple of days until your skin adjusts to the pH. Overall I find soap bars much simpler and better for my skin. My skin feels so clean, but not stripped and still plump. Its really not as drying as everyone is saying. If you have anything but combination, oily and acne prone skin I wouldnt suggest it. But seriously its great, takes all my makeup off in one go. Fab.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am the kind of girl who doesn't like too many unnecessary steps to makeup removal and cleansing, so I like a cleaner that will take off my mascara AND keep my skin clear. After reading reviews on here and talking to some people who swore by these bars, I bought a three pack and incorporated it into my daily routine. WTF. This stuff BURNS my eyes like crazy. I am the idiot who didn't read the label closely enough- "do not use in or around eye area". Duh. What good is this if you can't use it to remove eye makeup? No acne-fighting ingredients, no makeup removers... what the heck is this stupid bar supposed to do? Wash off 3 square inches of your cheek? Gee, thanks.

I still have 2 of the bars if anyone wants them. I left them in my guest room for all my friends who supposedly "love" them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

I have used this product off and on for MANY years. I switched to the liquid form for quite some time but the orginal version has been discontinued.

This is a great, basic cleansing bar. I love the scent of it, it just smells so fresh and clean to me, it's probably somewhat of a "comfort scent" to me since I've used it for so long.

This is really good for use in our very hot and humid summers. It cleanses well. I keep it in my medicine chest but don't use it that often in the winter when my face tends to be drier.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is my FAVORITE facial wash. I've used nothing but this for almost 2 years. It cleans my skin and makes it really smooth. I'm not sure if it's good for acne since I don't ever get any but it's overall a great product. I have oily skin & it keeps my skin not too dry but not too oily either.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by M0nay07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too drying and that alone can cause an over production of oil on your skin to combat it. I did enjoy the smell, but when it comes to bar soaps I suggest ULTRA GLOW black soap!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works great on my oily skin. It cleanses without drying out my skin, lathers well, smells good and is affordable. The only thing I don't like is its tendency to get goopy. Make sure you don't let it soak in a wet soap dish. It has to stay dry. Whenever it goes on sale I stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jumperchick96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin is terribly acne-prone and before this product I'd been using a harsh benzoyl peroxide product which left my skin even worse than before. Then my mom told me she had an extra of these, so I decided to give it shot. Although it hasn't cleared my skin completely, my face definitely looks and feels better with this. It dries me out a little but but I use a moisturizer so that's really not a problem. Also, the bars get used up really fast for me, because I have to wash my face in the shower and it melts crazy fast. Luckily the three-packs are fairly cheap so I stock up whenever I'm at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kbenard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to face cleanser. I have dry skin in the winter and prtey normal skin the warmer months. I've tried various cleansers, from Proactiv to Olay to philosphy, but I always go back to this. The Neutrogena bar does a good job removing any access makeup and oil without leaving me too dry. I Love it because it is simple and easy to find. I have been using this for a almost 10 years, and I can't see myself giving it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by LauraL17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for 3 weeks and I like it a lot, its very gentle to my skin and it feels great! However I do need to wash my face twice to remove all of my makeup, other then that I love it!!