Revlon Flex Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/21/2007 11:20:00 PM

This product is not widely available in australian chemists or supermarkets, but when it is, it costs under $2. This is one of the unsung bargains of the hair world. I used this for years until I decided to go organic and bought a shampoo that cost 10 times as much per ml. What a waste of money. I like the way Flex cleans my hair without stripping it, and leaves it bouncy and shiny. Most of the time I don't bother using a conditioner afterwards because my hair feels good without it, but when I do use a conditioner, I use the Flex conditioner, also an unsung bargain. The smell is quite strong but wears off fairly quickly, and I like it so would be happy if it lasted longer. I will continue to repurchase this as long as I can find it.

on 12/21/2007 9:37:00 PM

I found this at the grocery store one day and was suprised they still made it. My dad always said that Flex was a good shampoo because it didn't dry out your hair, so I bought it. It was extremely cheap which is good. The smell is horrifying. Very bizarre 80's smell. I can't really describe it. Cleaned my hair nicely and didn't dry it out, but I won't be buying it again mainly because of the smell, and besides if I want cheap shampoo that actually smells good I'll buy Suave. Sorry Flex.

My mom smelled my hair after I washed it with Flex, and she said it smelled like puke. Hmm..

on 8/20/2007 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this shampoo!!!!!! Cleans my hair well without stripping it!

on 8/16/2007 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Based on the reviews here, I bought myself a bottle of this. It cost me only a few dollars and it's so good! I have oily hair and this doesn't weigh it down and cause my hair to become greasy. The scent is nice, it's super cheap and you get a humungous bottle. Simply fantastic. 5 lippies!

on 6/20/2007 12:18:00 PM

Like everyone else I LOVE the smell of Flex shampoo. Does anyone know of a perfume with a similar scent? BCBGIRLS sexy comes close, any others?

on 10/9/2006 9:11:00 AM

A co-worker of mine kept coming in to work everyday with this very familiar scent, but I couldn't place it. So, one day I just said to her, what is that scent? I know it, but I can't place it. She's like oh, you're prob. way to young to remember this brand. She said Flex. I started laughing. Little did she know this was my staple poo/cond. when I was a teenager back in the 80's. Obviously, she thought I was much, much younger than I am, but this made me want to buy some!! She told me that Drugstore. com now carries the line and that's where I ran to buy some. Well, I'm using it now and that smell, it's awesome! Ah, I feel like I'm 13 again with Duran Duran albums playing in the background.
I'll def. keep using these Flex products until I can't find them anymore.

on 7/8/2006 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This, along with Breck, was the shampoo of my childhood.It's a no-frills shampoo that cleans hair- with none of the overly sweet and fruity scents that plagues other shampoos. I've been trying to figure out what the smell of Flex reminds me of- it smells just like Jean Nate (another Revlon product!) I double it as a body wash when I want to use my Jean Nate splash. Yummy!

on 6/19/2006 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have to say up-front that I am a guy and normally wouldn't be on a site called "Makeup Alley" but found it when doing research on Flex Shampoo to try to see why I could no longer buy it at Farmer Jack, the local SE Michigan grocery chain which had been my one and only source. I have used Flex exclusively for about 25 years and have always been happy with it. It does a great job of cleaning my hair which is on the oily side and I often get it pretty dirty and sweaty when exercising and working outside. My hair is straight and fine and I must use the Flex conditioner as well; otherwise it is unmanageable as other posters have said, doesn't wet comb, and doesn't style at all. With the conditioner, however, no problems at all. Other shampoos I've tried over the years just don't clean as well, leave odd scents, or leave my hair less manageable. It doesn't seem to matter which variety of Flex shampoo and conditioner I use, such as "Normal to Dry", "Frequent Use", etc., they all do a nice job. It is a great family shampoo and conditioner because even men can tolerate the scent (no thanks, I don't want my hair to smell like a fruit salad or a Pina Colada) and it's very affordable. If only it were still available more places! I was able to order it at the pharmacy counter of my corner CVS drugstore. They have something called "Cardinal" where they can order products they don't normally stock at regular prices with no extra shipping usually for next-day delivery. The other alternative if you're not near a CVS is mail order through drugstore.com, but they charge shipping by weight, so that may add some cost. I also spoke to Revlon customer service who said there are no plans at this point to stop manufacturing the Flex line, so here's hoping for it to come back in demand so they can!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I HATED this shampoo. It was very runny and felt very harsh on my long, naturally wavy hair. It smelled nice though. After getting out of the shower, my hair was very tangled and didn't feel very moisturized, I would definitely not buy this again. Calling it a moisturizing shampoo is a stretch for sure. I love the smell, but can't torture my hair like that! I'll stick my HG's, L'oreal Vive Smooth Intense and Infusium 23!

on 11/21/2005 6:24:00 AM

great for its price, was dirt cheap, picked it up for only $1...after using it, i found it not to bad, not tat great to be bragging about, but it dosen't dry out my hair, leaves it soft and clean..so far so good

Popular Shampoos