December 19, 2014 | 1183 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powerpoint eye pencil in Engraved

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by llamamonster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I personally really like this eyeliner, it was my first 'high end' makeup purchase, so I can't compare it to other expensive eyeliners. It stayed on my lids all day, and stayed black, which is pretty impressive as my eyelids are quite oily.
Its nice and soft, so when you put it on it doesn't tug on your eyelids, also the colour is strong.
It is really expensive (in my opinion) but it is worth every penny, it stayed all day, no unintentional smudging and great pigmentation!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The MA said this was waterproof. No, it's not. Bleeds unto my bottom waterline from the top. No good. Regrettable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this liner because it sharpens well, goes on smooth and it doesnt seem to smear under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyeliner I've used. The texture is creamy. The pigment is rich. I did not notice a smell, unlike other pencil eyeliners I've noticed have a wooden smell. It stays put all day with very little smudging, although it can be smudged if you'd like. It also stays in place almost all day when used on the waterline. The pigment is not the blackest black, but it is just the right level of intensity to wear everyday. Unlike many other eyeliners I have tried, this one does not irritate my sensitive eyes! I have found my HG eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by willozza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is very soft and easy to apply.
I keep the eyeliner on for at least 12 hours and it does not smudge or go into the corners of my eyes.

The bad thing is that when you go to sharpen the eyepencil, there is abit of wastage so you need to be careful not to over sharpen it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I've lived with this for so long... It glides on smoothly enough but always smudges onto my bottom eye area by mid day. I always thought this is unavoidable because of my heavily hooded & oily lids. That is until I discovered urban decay's 24/7 eyeliner which glides on like a dream, colour stays just as brilliant at the end of a long workday, & best of all.... NO smudging!! Will be sticking to UD.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittersxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this eyeliner :) I use it everyday. It doesn't fade when I use it on my eyelids than can get oily sometimes & it's a nice shade of black. I just wish it didn't run out so quickly. Because it's such a soft pencil I find myself sharpening it a lot to get a good point. Only complaint is that I wish it would stay on my waterline just a little longer. It's kinda pricey for an eyeliner but I will be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I have oily eye lids that most eyeliners run on. There's no way I'd consider a non longwear/waterproof eyeliner. I have used powerpoint in shade duck before, and now I will review it in engraved (black). It is, as others have said, not a deep intense black. In fact I recently used Rimmel's eyeliner and found this to have a near identical finish in terms of colour and smoothness. It is slightly easier to apply than rimmel (which drags) but then again rimmel is 3 whereas this was around 12. It is notably cheaper than urban decays 24/7 liner which is creamier and easier to apply but a) costs more and b) I found powerpoint stays on better. I didn't have the same smudging that other reviewers had, I wore engraved all day and went to running club and came back with not a line out of place. I don't use it on the waterline so can't comment on that, but it didn't smudge above or below the eye. I took a lippie off for it being not as easy to apply as urban decay, but gave it the 4 lippies for staying power, and it being medium price. I've used laura mercier's eyeliner before which cost me ridic amounts more, so I find powerpoint a fair price for it's quality. As others have said, it a good quality standard eyeliner, not perfect but a decent staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by xkeepitugly

Not my go-to liner, but it's not necessarily bad either.

Pros: Goes on soft, it's a really nice black color (not the most dramatic of blacks but it's definitely a true black), sharpens well, doesn't transfer to brow when you wear it on your lid (at least not for me)

Cons: Fades off waterline pretty quickly, and it's not as pigmented when applied on the waterline as I'd like. Also, I have to sharpen it far too often. Maybe I just bear down too hard when I use it. It does sharpen well for me, though, but I'd rather not be sharpening it so often.

Overall, this product isn't too terrible. I usually use it when I run out of my other liners and feel too lazy to buy more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am very unimpressed with this Powerpoint pencil by MAC. I wear pencil eyeliner nearly every day. I read about Engraved on a beauty blog and, liking MAC anyway, thought I'd give it a try. It goes on poorly, and the pencil is not as soft as I prefer. What is the dealbreaker for me is how it wears. It flakes everywhere! Upon application, it flakes under my eye, it sometimes clumps in my bottom eyelashes when I'm applying, and forget about smudging. The stuff will flake all over. I bought the pencil directly from MAC, so it wasn't old or defective. It's just not that great..at all. I absolutely will not buy this again. Lancome's Kohl eyeliner pencil is so much better.