April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Loose Powders - Clarins - Loose Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by sck279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been searching for years for a face powder that does not ry out my skin! Clarins is the ONLY powder I've used with success. It leaves a nice translucent glow to my face with no ill effects or breakouts. $37.00 for the square jar with a lovely red Clarins lid. You need so little of this product, I'm sure it will last years! My new HG...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by WENAYI

I got a sampler in Transparent 01. The powder is super fine and the creamy light nude peachy color is attractive. I have oily skin. It does not have much oil-control effect on me, and the finish is so sheer, almost invisible, maybe I didn't use enough product. I have no comments on the package because mine is a sampler. It's a deluxe cute small cylinder with polished silver screw cap. The scent doesn't bother me at all. To me it's a clean, soap bar-like scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ljaybaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

loved the glass box but that was about all. Its a very average product. Didnt look great on me and ive noticed alot of other people mentioned it smelt really strong I totally didnt like that at all. Not worth the 26 I paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Suselew

This is my HG loose powder which I use every morning to set my liquid foundation. The texture and color are wonderful and I love the scent. I also personally like the sieve because it keeps you from applying too much. Your skin looks dewy soft and youthful after application and it lasts for several hours. I don't use it for touch-ups because it would be too cakey and too hard to transport. Personally, I wish they sold this in a portable container. The crystal-looking jar looks great on my vanity, but is not suitable for the purse. They could probably charge less too, if they packaged it with less flair....but then they wouldn't keep to the beautiful image that Clarins has for presentation with their products. Double-edged sword....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by chiggysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was using Chanel's loose powder but because of Paula Begoun's review and MakeupAlley I decided that when the Chanel was empty I would try this product. I really like the texture and how it looks on my face but the man's cologne scent is over-whelming for me. My eyelids have been turning red and itching like crazy so I think I'm allergic to it. I don't know why Clarins thinks a loose powder has to have any scent at all. This powder would be perfect - minus the strong scent. I'm probably going to have no choice but to return this and go back to the Chanel powder. I guess the old saying "When something isn't broke, it doesn't need fixed" is really true!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2006 12:13:00 AM More reviews by enolf

I bought this after Paula Begoun gave it a rave review. It's an o.k. face powder. It doesn't have any shimmer to it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I don't use it often because it seems to give me a dry cakey look, but I think that's just what powders do. It comes with a puff applicator which is cute, but which as we all know, we should never use unless we want to look really creepy :) Probably would purchase this (or any loose face powder) again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2006 1:25:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow! This loose powder really blows me away! It's very finely milled and it keeps the oilies away(normal towards T-zone combination with mild dehydration). I love the stylish packaing. The little sift works well - instead of shaking for the powder, I will gently rotate it against the powder and some will come on top of the sift. Chanel Universalle which was my HG for the last 5 years has now lost to Clarins. Also, it is much cheaper than Chanel. Glad I checked the reviews here when I needed to replenish. Will definitely repurchase. Thank you, MUA'ers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an incredible powder! The finish makes my skin look so refined, and this is no mean feat for my complexion. I'm 50, combo skin, large pores with oil breakthru on nose and forehead. This just has to be the best powder I've ever tried! I got this in the Transparent 01, which is not really transparent but more translucent and thought it was going to be too light - but it just blended in and became my skin, only better.
For reference, I'm also NC 25 - almost went with the Beige, which is the only other color they offer - i think it wouldve been too dark, but will probably get it for summer. It just seems this powder covers a wide range of skin tone - with the Transparent covering the range of very light to medium light complexions - and probably the Beige would take you from medium into tanned skin - and with as beatiful as this powder is, i'd probably mix the two to cover all the shades I turn thru the year.
The container is quite beautiful, and i had no problem with the sifter - so not sure why others had problems- I use a brush to apply- this can go on lightly or more heavily without caking - a bit of fragrance with this that i'm not bothered by - it smells elegant, I think.
You have to try this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 12:55:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

This powder had a nice finish, I really liked the container it came in. My only problem, and the reason it went right back to Macy's is that it has mineral oil, third ingridient. No way am i putting anything on my face with mineral oil. Not only am i acne prone, but sensitive. It also had fragrance which tends to irritate my skin. If your looking for and oil-free fragrance free translucent powder try laura merciers as a comparable alternative.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mariadd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best loose powder! Light, silky, flawless finish, beautiful tone (I use translucent ) Matte and oil absorbing (my face stays matte even after I go to gym) I honestly could not believe my skin can look that smooth. (All I do is put this powder on top of my sunscreen) As for buying again - big YES. I've been using this for alomost 2 years now and my search for a perfect powder is over. (I've just tried Shu Uemura loose powder for a change (was impressed by MUA reviews), and it was not even close as good) Update: I forgot to mention - the container is nice - the only loose powder you do not have to shake to get it out - hence no product is lost and my clothes are clean!
I am really puzzled by complains about the packaging so I just want to add this tip. Before each application, the plastic sieve should be lightly pressed into the powder and twisted right or left. That brings some powder on top of the sieve. Then you dip your brush into this powder. I found this design be so much improving over the usual 'shaking' containers (with them I always get powder literally everywhere) that I use Clarins containers for all other powders that I own!
continued >>