April 16, 2014 | 874 users online

Fragrances - Revlon - Jean Nate After Bath Splash original scent

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by KellyBag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is clean, crisp, and light; exactly what an after bath splash should be. Cheap? No. But I suppose you'd have to be cheap to know what cheap smells like.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by bratirella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Citrusy ... lemony ... fresh ... clean. This light cologne is perfect for summer days when you don't want a fragrance that is oppressive and cloying. The only downside is the packaging - spillage galore. A plastic stopper with a tiny hole would help a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by wendycat00

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the CONCENTRATED COLOGNE spray version of Jean nate and what a difference it made in the quality of the fragrance. I read somewhere that the more concentrated the form of the fragrance the more "notes" it has. Maybe more expensive ingredients are used?
Anyway, thanks to Sherry11 for the review of the contentrated cologne. It smells much more floral and like a more expensive perfume than the splash. It surprises me that there are no citrus notes in the fragrance since I've always thought of it as a soft powdery citrus. Maybe the lemon yellow package is what makes me think it's a citrus scent! Ah, the power of suggestion!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this purely based on the reviews because I could never get over the blast of alcohol when I opened the bottle but on the body this is great for summer. It actually has a bit of a warm, citrusy, powdery tone on me and even my hubby likes it and usually he calls my scents "old ladyish."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this scent for the hotter months. It's very fresh and refreshing. Smells citrusy. Isn't expensive and I can find it almost anywhere. However, I prefer Heno de Pravia products which smell deliciously fresh, but not citrusy, aren't expensive, and are available everywhere (in Mexico). Oh, one good thing about this body splash is that it smells really good on men too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to college with a girl who wore this and people followed her around sniffing. It smelled that good on her. I never took it seriously as a fragrance and never thought of it till recently. I work with the elderly and one of my patients, an older gentleman uses this after his bath. He smells delicious. Another lady does the same thing and she smells wonderful also. It now smells a bit more powdery than what I remember from years ago but it is a very nice scent. Lemony, clean, powdery. It is dirt cheap too. I tried it at the d/s and while I havn't bought it, I think I am going to very soon. It's a cheap thrill and reminds me of my childhood when everyone seemed to own this or be given a bottle as a gift. Very nice stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by starchild1166

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this growing up in the 70s; I think Charles of the Ritz or Prince Machiabelli had it then and the smell was wonderful. NOw that Revlon has it, it seems to be missing something. However, I still wear it; it's a fresh pick me up kind of a scent. It's a powdery lemony kind of fragrance and I always receive compliments on it--ironically mostly by guys. It's perfect for a warm night; put it in the fridge, then spritz it on. It's a true classic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had to revamp my review because I believe this has been reformulated! I think it has at least in the plastic bottles- I have smelled it out of 2 brand new bottles in 2 different locations and the result is the same- it's like someone poured something like vinegar or something astringent into lemon pledge! The original didn't smell like this! I'm not sure if the concentrated cologne spray was affected. Oh, how sad! The original was very citrusy and fresh- wonderful layered with the powder! I should email Revlon, but I'm sure they'd just deny it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by stellina

Oh, the good old days... This was one of my first forays into grown-up scents when I used to sneak some of my mother's. For you young girls, this was once a department store product, as were many things we now find in the drugstores. This is very lemony, fresh & light, with a little something else in it to soften the citrus tone. Just as good as the very high-priced French citrus scents - I'd say it's a dead ringer for Guerlain Eau de Fleurs Cedrat that I fear has been discontinued, and at a fraction of the price. No reason to be a snob on this one. That reminds me: I have to get my hands on some more for summertime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Update: I still love Jean Nate. I prefer the concentrated cologne spray, which smells more intensely floral and powdery than the splash, and which I especially enjoy in the spring. I also have the splash and body lotion, and they smell more gingery or citrussy. I'm not sure what the sharper note is in the splash, but there's a discernable difference between it and the concentrated cologne spray.

Here are the fragrance notes I found online:

Fragrance Notes -Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Lily of the valley, Cedar, Tonka, Musk, Sandal.

I don't know how precise this is, but I definitely get the lavender, carnation, lotv, tonka & sandal. Surprisingly, no citrus notes are mentioned, although Jean Nate has that uplifting quality that a citrus fragrance has. This scent just makes me feel happy and it works well with my chemistry.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No