November 23, 2014 | 2162 users online

Fragrances - Revlon - Jean Nate After Bath Splash original scent

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I began wearing this as a student nurse and after, that was before all the folks with allergies began speaking up. I still wear it all summer, but I wear the concentrate, it lasts longer, and smells better. Lemon drop is my best description.
When I wore it to work, I always got compliments from the docs and patients. My family likes me to wear it, esp. at the beach. You just feel so fresh and cool when you get a whif of yourself. Great classic.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AnneElise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this drugstore favorite. I always thought of it as THE summertime splash, sort of an astringent/freshener for the body, like the lemon-scented splash you get if you take a busride in Turkey.
Keep it in the fridge and splash it on after a shower in the summer. You'll feel and smell fresh.

PS: OK. It's been about a year since I wrote this review. In that year I can't tell you how many perfumes I've tried in my quest to find something pretty, fresh, feminine. In my opinion, the thing that makes a scent a winner is when I feel beautiful (or at least pretty :) in it, and when people say, "Hey, you smell wonderful!" In all the perfumes I've tried, NOTHING has been as good, fresh-smelling and has surrounded me with an aura of loveliness as good ol' Jean Nate!

Yeah--and I even paid heaps for a very well-known (and rare) fresh scent by a famous French designer, and in all of its complexness and notes of scent, I thought, "Hm, ya know, I prefer Jean Nate'!"

So, I'm headin' to the drugstore this spring to get some!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by KellyBag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is clean, crisp, and light; exactly what an after bath splash should be. Cheap? No. But I suppose you'd have to be cheap to know what cheap smells like.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by bratirella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Citrusy ... lemony ... fresh ... clean. This light cologne is perfect for summer days when you don't want a fragrance that is oppressive and cloying. The only downside is the packaging - spillage galore. A plastic stopper with a tiny hole would help a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by wendycat00

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the CONCENTRATED COLOGNE spray version of Jean nate and what a difference it made in the quality of the fragrance. I read somewhere that the more concentrated the form of the fragrance the more "notes" it has. Maybe more expensive ingredients are used?
Anyway, thanks to Sherry11 for the review of the contentrated cologne. It smells much more floral and like a more expensive perfume than the splash. It surprises me that there are no citrus notes in the fragrance since I've always thought of it as a soft powdery citrus. Maybe the lemon yellow package is what makes me think it's a citrus scent! Ah, the power of suggestion!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this purely based on the reviews because I could never get over the blast of alcohol when I opened the bottle but on the body this is great for summer. It actually has a bit of a warm, citrusy, powdery tone on me and even my hubby likes it and usually he calls my scents "old ladyish."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this scent for the hotter months. It's very fresh and refreshing. Smells citrusy. Isn't expensive and I can find it almost anywhere. However, I prefer Heno de Pravia products which smell deliciously fresh, but not citrusy, aren't expensive, and are available everywhere (in Mexico). Oh, one good thing about this body splash is that it smells really good on men too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to college with a girl who wore this and people followed her around sniffing. It smelled that good on her. I never took it seriously as a fragrance and never thought of it till recently. I work with the elderly and one of my patients, an older gentleman uses this after his bath. He smells delicious. Another lady does the same thing and she smells wonderful also. It now smells a bit more powdery than what I remember from years ago but it is a very nice scent. Lemony, clean, powdery. It is dirt cheap too. I tried it at the d/s and while I havn't bought it, I think I am going to very soon. It's a cheap thrill and reminds me of my childhood when everyone seemed to own this or be given a bottle as a gift. Very nice stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by starchild1166

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this growing up in the 70s; I think Charles of the Ritz or Prince Machiabelli had it then and the smell was wonderful. NOw that Revlon has it, it seems to be missing something. However, I still wear it; it's a fresh pick me up kind of a scent. It's a powdery lemony kind of fragrance and I always receive compliments on it--ironically mostly by guys. It's perfect for a warm night; put it in the fridge, then spritz it on. It's a true classic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had to revamp my review because I believe this has been reformulated! I think it has at least in the plastic bottles- I have smelled it out of 2 brand new bottles in 2 different locations and the result is the same- it's like someone poured something like vinegar or something astringent into lemon pledge! The original didn't smell like this! I'm not sure if the concentrated cologne spray was affected. Oh, how sad! The original was very citrusy and fresh- wonderful layered with the powder! I should email Revlon, but I'm sure they'd just deny it!