October 2, 2014 | 1465 users online

Eyeliner - Mary Kay - Eyeliners

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this eyeliner a lot. It is good for getting very close to the lash line and stays put on the waterline. It has good lasting power and is automatic so there is no need to sharpen. Not very expensive, just a little more than drugstore and well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by 90046

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best eyeliner ever.

Tried all dept store brands over the years.
I love this liner.
Amethyst is the bomb on my blue eyes.
Black is too dark.
Brown brings out red.
This is dark enough to be really neutral and perfect.

Goes on smoothly, no need to press hard AT ALL.
Goes on with saturated color.
Stays on.

For $10, good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Haleyxox1xoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YAY! i got a sample of it from my friend and I ran out and got the full sized on right away. It goes right on and its creamy and light and it doesn't budge all day long! LINER LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Was not impressed at all with this liner. I bought the color "amethyst", there was no color payoff and the application was mediocre at best. I hate liners that are dry and tug this one definately does both..No go for me..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I have used these for years then strayed away for a while. I always thought they had one of the best liners on the market for the price. I recently have picked up several colors again (e-bay) due to the pro case. It makes a perfect travel case for makeup and everything fits perfectly in it. I love the magnetic part that holds the product. I'm using these liners again for travel because they are compact and fit in the case. The liner is easy to use and stays on nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by cherylannem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first liquid eyeliner I've bought. I'm an off-and-on again MK rep (meaning I'm only "Active" when I put in an order, which is only every 4-5 months).

It's a felt tipped liner, and stands up on its own with its flat bottom. The barrel is cute, the wand being nice and long and thin enough to handle with ease.

Maybe it's just me, but you have to start with a thin line first then try and go over it again to make it thicker. And actually, the first eye made up doesn't look as good as the second eye done with the same wand (ie not dipped back into the barrel for more product). It's like there's too much product at the tip(which is a very thin tip), and the look I get comes off as "sharp" and not as subtle as I get if the wand dries a bit, like when I'm doing the other eye. I can't get close enough to my lashes when doing the first eye, and it's really obvious. Not so with the second eye, when some of the product is used up/dries up after doing the first eye.

My other gripe that's related to this is that over time, the formula goes on a little gloppy so that I have to swipe the felt tip on a piece of tissue before using it. Waste of product, if you ask me, but I wouldn't want to touch it to my eyelid first! That's the stage where I'm at now.

I thought I'd repurchase this product, since I get a discount on it, being a Consultant, but I could spend those same dollars and get something better. For $10, my sister uses L'oreal's Lineur Intense and she loves it so much. Since I'm trying to move from pencil liner (never found one that has the staying power) to liquid, I'll be trying that one next.

So although the colour of this one stays on all day, and it still comes off easy at nighttme, I won't be repurchasing this until I check out the L'Oreal liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by dhuma

Applied smoothly and the color was VERY dark and intense but it smudges like crazy on me. This disappeared from my waterline by the end of the day and creased all over my lid. If you have oily lids, skip this liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by megbenoit

I liked this eyeliner at first. I bought it because of the no sharpening quality but agree with the other reviews that once you use it use rounded at the tip and you get a fatter application than the first time. I much rather sharpen a pencil and have my eyes look great than use this stuff and get an overly dramatic look. The only plus to this stuff is that it comes in a lot of colors, (but what eyeliner doesnt?) I have green eyes so I bought the violet color. Its very subtle and makes my eyes pop, but I just wish it was in a pencil form. It does glide on easily, but I noticed it smudged a little bit by the end of the night.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Erica2244

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use Mary Kay eyeliner in brown. I personally like the twist up design (no sharpening - yay!), but that does mean you will never be able to get a sharp, crisp line with this liner. It is good if you like a softer look. So far, mine has been gliding on really nicely with no tugging of the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by simplyviki

The quality is decent... it stays put, doesn't tend to smear, goes on easily while it's new (it seems to dry out somewhat quickly, though, at which point it refuses to be applied).

I just HATE the packaging. The twist-up pen? Horrible. Sure, it doesn't need sharpening, but the flip side of that is that it's NEVER sharp. Once you've used up the somewhat sharpness of the brand-new tip, you'll never again have the option of a precise line. It'll always be a dull, rounded tip. I suppose you could use it if you intend to smudge it right afterwards (but be sure you do that before it sets, it'll be darn hard to move it afterwards) but I like fine lines.

The other bad thing about the packaging is that it's really flimsy in your purse. If you intend to carry this around in your bag, think again. A few knocks around against the other items in your purse, and the cap starts to become cracked, eventually becoming so loose that it no longer stays on the pencil. So I tend to end up with little brown smudges all on the inside of my bag. I had to resort to a piece of scotch tape around the cap, so it'd stay in place.

This is the same packaging used for the lip liner and the brow pencils. I dislike them all for the same reason.