April 17, 2014 | 1567 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by djacobs587

So let me start off by saying I have combination skin. I have tried Makeup Forever, Mary Kay, Avon, Bare Minerals, Clinique, all basic brands like Revlon/Covergirl/Organic minerals, etc. I found Merle Norman on Black Friday. But not in the madness that ensues at midnight all across the country... from one of my employees who put it on at 9pm Nov 24th and looked liek a million bucks at 1pm the NEXT day after the biggest shopping day of the year! Mind you, she had not reapplied during this time at all. I went in and the lady gave me a quick once over with the lasting foundation, the compact and then touched up my lips. You can literally feel the makeup sucking the oil out of your skin throughout its wear. If it feels like youre wearing a clay mask, your skin isnt as oily as you thought (little tip from the rep). I guess I am as oily as I thought because i cant feel it at all, and I look airbrushed all the day through. Mind you I work retail so Im constantly on my feet, running around my store so I dont have time to touch up throughout the day and still need to look good for my higher end patrons who come in. Merle Norman is the way to go!! I can put it on in thye A.M., commute forty minutes to work, finish off a ten hour day and drive home and still look fantastic. Highly recommend this product! And they make a line for those of you blessed ones who dont have oily prone skin :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by dakotacheryl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried so many foundations hoping to find one that actually controls the oily shine on my face for more than a few minutes, doesn't change color during the day, doesn't wear off from my frequent use of blotting sheets etc. etc. This foundation is the best I've tried!!! The color I have is "vanilla" and matches my skin tone perfectly. I highly recommend this for oily skin gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MissHTinker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever used. I have the palest of pale skin, which is a challenge in it's own- and on top of that, I'm very yellow. Pale colors are always too pink, and darker ones cover the pale skin that I love, but this foundation in Cream is absolutely perfect. Awesome coverage when applied with fingers, perfect matte finish, and amazing lasting power. I use this all the time, even with my extremely dry skin. With a moisturizer, I look great in this foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Too dark for my pale yellow skin and my combination skin gets extremely oily quickly when this is on its own. I bought this out of desperation, since finding a transfer-resistant, pale foundation for sensitive skin seems an impossible task. The SA said Cream was the palest one, which is still way too dark. It does have great squeezy-tube packaging and hasn't broken me out. If there is a paler one out there, I may reconsider buying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

My HG foundation search just may be over...

I'm almost 30 and still have acne (mostly hormonal) and I also have a lot of acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and moderately oily skin. I've tried a lot of DS foundations which get oily on me within hours and feel like they just slid off my face. I've tried department store brands which weren't much better.

This foundation is completely different. It is extremely watery and thin, so it doesn't look like its going to do much, but once you blend it onto your face it dries into this natural matte finish that doesn't accentuate pores or look like a cakey mess. It covered my acne scars and still-healing blemishes beautifully.

I set it with a light dusting of the MN Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation and it lasted all day. Literally all day, no blotting, no powdering. And after 12 hours of wear it looked as fresh as when I put it on.

I wear Alabaster Beige and it is almost perfect for my NC25/30 skin. Will definately repurchase this baby!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by productmomma

I have FINALLY found a makeup that will stay on my extremely oily t-zone! I have tried sooo many over the years. Almost every brand you can think of, I have tried. To name a few..... I wanted to have mineral make-up work, it looked great for about 45 minutes, but then when I would look in the mirror it was just gone, melted off. Colorstay did not stay either. EL Double Wear lasted longer, but it looked so masky even with brush application. I finally tried Merle Norman Lasting Luxiva and I can't believe my eyes- Every time I look in the rearview mirror, or pass a mirror, or use a public bathroom when I'm out, my makeup is still the way it looked when I put it on in the morning! Even after a humid day. All I have to do is blot. I did use my RoC primer, and I found that applying with a flat-topped brush made the coverage look so natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by 1somthinsouthern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok when it comes to foundation I am a snob.....it has to do everything I need it to do and it has to be true to its claims. 1st it does last the entire day into night . 2nd It has a very light silky feel but still covers imperfections. 3rd is matte finish . 4th the color matches my skin and it actually looked like my skin only better. I felt the coverage was medium/full but I'm sure it could be thinned out even more with a damp brush or mixed with moisturizer for lighter coverage. I've used Estee Lauder double wear and Double wear light and I never did like the heavy feel of either of these and I always felt the colors were just wrong! Not with this foundation. Although this is a beautiful foundation with initial application, I found as the day progressed I started to look OLD.
I am a very young looking 44 and I could not tolerate looking 10 years older! I am sure this would be beautiful for someone with more natural moiture in their skin, but I ended up returning because of the extra dryness it caused. The color Alabaster was a perfect match.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Once applied to my face, it really accentuated dry patches of skin that I never even knew existed on my face. My face is extremely oily, but this stuff kept on my face. The SA put this on first then followed with the ULTRA powder foundation, and said that it would last throughout the whole day. It is true it lasted for more than 14 hours and i didnt even have to blot once!!! it is really incredible, but i do highly recommend putting a moisturizer on right before applying this, that was probably my problem with it. but it looked amazing and flawless on my skin! i would recommend if you have oily skin, i would steer clear of it if you have dry skin ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this foundation while looking up different liquid foundations on MUA by number of reviews and then looking at the rating. I typically only choose something that's at 3.9 or higher. This was at 4.0 and I figured I would go into the local shop and pick up a sample to see the raving reviews.

Right now my HG foundation is Revlon Colorstay for the sole fact that it stays on for a fair enough amount of time and photographs well. Granted, I prefer the double wear foundation but, the photography is what gets me everytime.

Merle Norman doesn't offer samples so I had to purchase the foundation in hopes of liking it (although she did say they would give me a full refund if I didn't like it). I came home, immediately put my face on and start snapping away.

Let me just start off by saying that this foundation is not for those looking for sheer coverage, someone with dry skin, or someone who doesn't like a matte finish. This foundation is literally everything I've ever wanted in a foundation. The liquid itself is so easy to apply and the second you put it on your see an immmediate satin finish on your face it was amazing. I will let you know that this foundation can easily be over done, a little goes a long way.

My foundation routine consists: MUFE Hd primer, murad oil control mattifyer in my t-zone, and then I apply my foundation with a beauty blender and set with NARS loose powder and when I'm going out, I'll set that again with NARS foundation powder. It's a lot but I like to make sure I don't have to reapply, especially living out in Arizona where it's extremely hot out and dancing in a club at 90 degrees is not a pretty sight.

This foundation literally lasts as long as you want it to, no touch-ups untill you wash it off. Even washing it off was a task so I suggest you purchase a cleansing oil that will let this foundation come off easier. The color range was incredible. For those who are wondering I'm in the color "Ecru" and in MAC i'm an NC40. It looked a little too dark when she applied it so it may be suitable to anyone in the NC40-45 range.

Overall I'm so happy with this foundation, I've been looking for something exactly like the double wear with no face wash outs when pictures are taken and this is it! This stays on LONGER than the DL and photographs beautifully. Can't wait to try more Merle Norman products!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by crimea

This is what I have been search for - long lasting, just the right coverage, perfect color match. Love it.