October 20, 2014 | 986 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Nice packaging. I like simple and plastic. I'm clumsy and have broken numerous glass bottles. However, this looks disgusting on my skin. I have super duper oily skin and this did ok with it but not so great to put up with the cons. First, color selection sucks. Not enough yellow colores. NC 30-35 and I think creamy beige was selected for me. Not even close. I have clear skin. No pimples..nada. I was on accutane for 6 months and now have beautiful skin. This made me break out. I wasn't surprised because of thick and nasty this felt and my skin can handle a lot. I still got oily and by the end of the day it made me age by 10 years. I'm 23. This is not ok and returned this so fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by betel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way this feels after it sets, I am used to mineral makeup and love the way it feels like you are not wearing any makeup and this feels like that! I was amazed because as soon as you put it on it feel kind of greasy but wait a little longer and voila its matte and it feels like you have nothing on I have no idea why people say it feels like a mask I guess they have really dry skin? I love the smell too its luxurious and if you dont like it, it goes away soon anyways. It has actually made my skin clear up quite a bit(off the bc)and i dont have a hard time washing off at all. It covers well and if you need you can wait till it sets a bit then go over your spots again. I am Golden Beige and it matches perfectly it has the yellow undertone no one else seems to have. I am definately a Merle girl forever
EDIT: I am still loving it after trying Estee Lauders DW but colors are way off for us yellow tinged girls and it DW broke me out, this however does not and it looks great by the end of the day. I tried Revlon Colorstay too and they are very similar in the smell, finish and staying power except Revlon broke me out too! So I wont stray again.
Edit: This is my holy grail I have been using for about a year and this is the only foundation that can touch my face, my skins actually feels better after I take it off. My face never has looked this good. And best of all Merle Norman is still made here in USA!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would tell anyone that has oily skin to try this! I have dry skin but i love this foundation! It last all day and it doesnt rub off or oxides! Its a little pricy but its wroth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by mqt

I have been using this foundation for about 5-6 years. I was deployed to the desert and let me tell you...(and I'm a hard working girl) I had the best looking face over there. I know there are probably people who wonder why I bothered. I don't care, I just did. Anyhow, in 130 degree heat during the day (I was outside all day) and 95 at night with 100% humidity, my makeup stayed on ALL DAY. People came up to me to look closer because they couldn't believe how flawless my face looked, even close-up. When it is winter-time I backed off a little on the makeup because my face got dryer, but a good moisturizer might fix that. I have NEVER broken out and I have a tendency to get whiteheads. In fact, I think it makes my skin look nice and protects it. It doesn't have a ton of spf in it, but it's not bad when you don't go outside that often. I used to waste so much money trying out foundations from everywhere, and even though the $28 I spend on seems expensive, it lasts me forever (3 months).

A note on application: Be careful around your eyebrows so your eyebrows don't look like they've been painted

Also, you don't need much so don't put as much on your finger or sponge as you do other liquidy foundations. Work it in slowly so you can see how it's working for you. It is matte, so if you want extremely natural this ain't it, but if you need/want full coverage this is perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by djacobs587

So let me start off by saying I have combination skin. I have tried Makeup Forever, Mary Kay, Avon, Bare Minerals, Clinique, all basic brands like Revlon/Covergirl/Organic minerals, etc. I found Merle Norman on Black Friday. But not in the madness that ensues at midnight all across the country... from one of my employees who put it on at 9pm Nov 24th and looked liek a million bucks at 1pm the NEXT day after the biggest shopping day of the year! Mind you, she had not reapplied during this time at all. I went in and the lady gave me a quick once over with the lasting foundation, the compact and then touched up my lips. You can literally feel the makeup sucking the oil out of your skin throughout its wear. If it feels like youre wearing a clay mask, your skin isnt as oily as you thought (little tip from the rep). I guess I am as oily as I thought because i cant feel it at all, and I look airbrushed all the day through. Mind you I work retail so Im constantly on my feet, running around my store so I dont have time to touch up throughout the day and still need to look good for my higher end patrons who come in. Merle Norman is the way to go!! I can put it on in thye A.M., commute forty minutes to work, finish off a ten hour day and drive home and still look fantastic. Highly recommend this product! And they make a line for those of you blessed ones who dont have oily prone skin :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by dakotacheryl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried so many foundations hoping to find one that actually controls the oily shine on my face for more than a few minutes, doesn't change color during the day, doesn't wear off from my frequent use of blotting sheets etc. etc. This foundation is the best I've tried!!! The color I have is "vanilla" and matches my skin tone perfectly. I highly recommend this for oily skin gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MissHTinker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever used. I have the palest of pale skin, which is a challenge in it's own- and on top of that, I'm very yellow. Pale colors are always too pink, and darker ones cover the pale skin that I love, but this foundation in Cream is absolutely perfect. Awesome coverage when applied with fingers, perfect matte finish, and amazing lasting power. I use this all the time, even with my extremely dry skin. With a moisturizer, I look great in this foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Too dark for my pale yellow skin and my combination skin gets extremely oily quickly when this is on its own. I bought this out of desperation, since finding a transfer-resistant, pale foundation for sensitive skin seems an impossible task. The SA said Cream was the palest one, which is still way too dark. It does have great squeezy-tube packaging and hasn't broken me out. If there is a paler one out there, I may reconsider buying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

My HG foundation search just may be over...

I'm almost 30 and still have acne (mostly hormonal) and I also have a lot of acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and moderately oily skin. I've tried a lot of DS foundations which get oily on me within hours and feel like they just slid off my face. I've tried department store brands which weren't much better.

This foundation is completely different. It is extremely watery and thin, so it doesn't look like its going to do much, but once you blend it onto your face it dries into this natural matte finish that doesn't accentuate pores or look like a cakey mess. It covered my acne scars and still-healing blemishes beautifully.

I set it with a light dusting of the MN Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation and it lasted all day. Literally all day, no blotting, no powdering. And after 12 hours of wear it looked as fresh as when I put it on.

I wear Alabaster Beige and it is almost perfect for my NC25/30 skin. Will definately repurchase this baby!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by productmomma

I have FINALLY found a makeup that will stay on my extremely oily t-zone! I have tried sooo many over the years. Almost every brand you can think of, I have tried. To name a few..... I wanted to have mineral make-up work, it looked great for about 45 minutes, but then when I would look in the mirror it was just gone, melted off. Colorstay did not stay either. EL Double Wear lasted longer, but it looked so masky even with brush application. I finally tried Merle Norman Lasting Luxiva and I can't believe my eyes- Every time I look in the rearview mirror, or pass a mirror, or use a public bathroom when I'm out, my makeup is still the way it looked when I put it on in the morning! Even after a humid day. All I have to do is blot. I did use my RoC primer, and I found that applying with a flat-topped brush made the coverage look so natural.