April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Lacquer in Eros

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

I looooooooooooooooooooove nars lip lacquers and this one is no exception. It is slightly darker in the pot, kind of like a deep warm raspberry. Once applied it is like dolce vita in a gloss form. It is a gorgeous warm (but not brown) rose that brightens my face. I love this color...I tend to go more towards peachy tones but am now on a total rosy pink kick thanks to this. Make sure to apply with a lip brush or it will be all gooey. Price is a little high, but Nars colors are perfection and worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading MUA reviews, I thought NARS lip lacquers would be a lot stickier/tackier. Tried a few shades on and I was pleasantly surprised. Usually I stay away from lip products that are in pots, (I hate sticking my finger in and getting messy), but these go on very well with a lip brush so I just always use one. The texture is very thick but with a lip brush itís not a problem. I always apply Eros over well moisturized lips and lip liner.. and itís really not that sticky or tacky. Definitely not as sticky as Lancome Juicy Tubes or MAC Lipglass.
The colour is gorgeous and very pigmented.. a shimmery (but not too shimmery, not glittery) shiny raspberry dark pink, not quite a red shade, more of a rose shade. It complements the natural colour of my lips very nicely.. Iím a cool-toned fair skinned girl with pink pigmented lips that are a few shades lighter than Eros.. itís very flattering and natural looking.. adds a lot of colour to my lips but still looks like MLBB.
With the lacquers, I do notice that odd gross chemically smell, (I donít notice it with NARS lip glosses like a lot of other people), but it doesnít really bother me. I can only smell during application. Once itís on my lips I canít smell it at all. It is extremely long lasting and does not fade or lose shine. I never need to do touch-ups with Eros until after a meal. If you never ate or drank anything, this would probably stay on your lips forever. I also find it to be moisturizing, or at least not drying, like other long lasting lip products. A definite repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

Beautiful pigmented deep pink with bronze and gold shimmers. I took a picture with this on an whoa - you can see this color and the shine from like 10 feet away. I take 1 lippie off for the smell and slightly goopy feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupisfunyeah

Love this shade. Perfect for my pigmented lips everyday. It's very neutral on me. I'm darkbrown hair/darkbrown eyes and not fair at all and I love this shade. I only wish it came in a tube. but I can deal with the packaging for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by lincra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG Lipgloss! I have been wearing this since I was in high school and I discovered it in a Sephora. At first I thought it would be too dark on my very fair skin, but it actually goes on sheerer than it looks in the container, but it still gives you a good pop of color. The best thing about it is you don't have to reapply it every 10 minutes like other lipglosses. Not saying it is going to last the whole day, but it's definitely got some staying power! My only problem is if you have long nails like I do, it can be hard to get the gloss out of the pot with your fingers without getting it caught under your nails. I just have to use a brush, but oh well. I still have probably repurchased this about 3 times since I first bought it over 5 years ago!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I may have found 2 HG products today (both NARS). I went into Sephora with the hopes of swatching Chelsea Girls, loving it, and making the purchase. Instead CG looked horrible on my pigmented lips and I began to checking out the other shades, only to discover the wonderfulness that is called Eros. =) I'm neutral-warm and a lot of pink l/s and glosses are too cool for me so when I find one I can successfully pull off, I jump on it. Eros is described as a raspberry rose with shimmer. It's looks like a deep warm pink on me, don't see much shimmer but that doesn't bother me. I like the consistency, it's heavier than my previous go to pink l/g (Rimmel l/g in snog) so it stays on very well. I like that it's a bit sticky, it doesn't slide off my lips. For me, it's Less sticky than the MAC l/g which I also like. Retails for $24 which is the most I've ever paid for a l/g but I'd repurchase since I like the texture & color so much.

For ref. I'm C3 in MAC SF powder and 1.5 (Shell) in Chanel T.I. Brown hair & hazel eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jan0124

As far as lipgloss goes,for me this is just okay. The color is a tad bit too cool for my warm skin tone,but it's the taste that really kills it for me. it tastes like Saran Wrap.maybe mine had gone bad,but it has a weird plastic taste. and while it actually looks really pretty dabbed over red or fuschia lipstick,it still doesn't justify the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, I can tell that I'm quickly leaving MAC for NARS products! First Orgasm, and now Eros.

I have dry skin and am addicted to Chapstick. So I HATE wearing lipstick since virtually all of it dries out my lips. With the Lip Lacquer I have the perfect solution- lots of moisture and beautiful color that stays. I've had Eros now for about a week, and I've got my eye on Diablo.

It's expensive as heck, but it's a product that works, so I can at least say I'm getting my money's worth. Eros is my daily go-to lip color, replacing Clinique's Black Honey. The berry color is very reminscent of my natural lip color and Eros just makes them look even better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 8:24:00 AM More reviews by NOREEN_CHAN

This is a nice basic lip gloss colour. My lips are fairly pigmented so it didn't show up raspberry like some of the other reviewers. It simply looked like my lips but better. I find it fairly sticky and it has a weird almost plastic scent about it. But it's a nice lip gloss if you just want a polished look like you're not wearing any lipstick. The colour wasn't anything special that you had to run out and buy. It's good for those days when you don't want to look made up. It was $28 CAD (before taxes) and the pot was fairly small but it's so thick it should last for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by KRISTEN34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eros is beautiful in an understated sort of a way. I actually thought it would be brighter when I bought it, but I'm glad its not. It shows up on my lips as a neutral raspberry shade in a "my lips but much much better" sort of a way. It lights up my face and makes my lips look luscious and kissable. Nars Lip Lacquers are my new obsession. They last forever on your lips without being too sticky or gumming up. I didn't notice a yucky smell to these like some people, more like no smell or taste at all. I can see this particular color looking great and working well on most people.