July 31, 2014 | 1375 users online

Moisturizers - La Roche Posay - Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With respect to your question ellinida, I personally prefer Ultra than this fluid. I have tried both. This fluid just sat on my skin and when I applied my foundation, it balled up badly. Iím not sure if you are a makeup user but I didnít notice this problem until I applied my foundation. It seemed to work great when I had no makeup on. Ultra, on the other hand, sinks right into my skin upon application. You would feel itís much thicker than the fluid when you squeeze it out from the tube but nope, it is not when you put it on your face. No film, no sticky feeling, non-greasy at all. My skin drinks them up right away. Ultra has a much shorter ingredient list which is good for sensitive skin. Donít be fooled by its thick consistency, it may not be hydrating enough for those dry skins. I have oily skin so it works well for me. I didnít feel the fluid hydrated me enough because it just sat on my skin, or I had already rubbed them all off when I applied my foundation. It also broke me out so I ended up gave it to my husband. Ultra on the other hand does not irritate my sensitive acne prone skin at all.

They are both in pump bottle but Ultra's package is even better. Itís absolutely air-free so the company can leave out the parabens.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ellinida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product last summer and loved that it was easy to apply, spread easily over the skin, loved it's light/fluid texture. I found it did leave the skin a bit oily and i tend to get blocked pores...but everything gives me blocked pores. It is my favourite moisturizer and i just re-prchased it but i'm still looking for one that will better control the blocked pores and oiliness...tempted to try Toleriane Ultra instead but i like the consistency of this one...has anyone tried both and care to write a comparison? Thanks

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by harmonyjensen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this product. I have dry, yet acne prone skin. I'm currently on Retin A, but I'm still getting many clogged pores on my cheeks and temples. This seemed promising for my dehydrated skin that breaks out easily from most moisturizers, since it's designed for intolerant skin. Sadly, this broke me out almost immediately. I used it for 3 days and enjoyed the light gel texture. It seems to sink in well and left a matte finish. My face would get extremely oily by mid-day, which I did not like. My makeup didn't go over it well and caked up in unattractive patches on my face. The bumps started by the second day and on the third day I developed a very huge and painful cyst on my temple. I haven't had inflamed acne since the 4th week of my Retin A use. I'm over 4 months into my treatment now. This cyst I have is literally the size of a dime on my temple and hurts!!! This product was the only new thing I had changed. I also have about 7 or 8 new clogged pores on my cheeks. I had also bought the LRP purifying cream cleanser, which I didn't even try due to my experience with the Toleriane Fluide. I'm promptly returning both products. I gave this a 2 because of the light feel, matte texture, and hygienic pump. A lot of people seem to love this product, but sadly my skin pretty much hates it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have really sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin so I really have to be careful what kind of products I use and religiously look at the ingredient list to see if there are any comedogenic ingredients.

This product is thankfully non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Most of all I love that it's non-greasy and absorbs super quick. It leaves my face with a matte finish which is a god-send for people with oily skin like me. It moisturizes well and doesn't break me out also.

Packaging is also nice. It comes as a pump bottle so its much more hygenic. The only down side would be that it's a little pricy for such a small amount (I was finished with it within 2 months or so) but I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by fashizaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product twice a day for the past 5 years and I absolutely love it. It is the only moisturizer that doesn't irritate my skin or give me pimples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this a week ago because my acne prone skin has become so dry that I began looking old. I've tried other moisturizers but they either don't actually moisturize because they have silicones, or they do, but they break me out. So far this is fabulous. It really changes the tone and appearance of my skin and it does moisturize.

I will update if I break out, but it's been about a week and so far so good. *Fingers crossed!*

EDIT: 12/10/11 Been using this for a month daily and I still like it a lot. No breakouts and it really makes my skin less dry looking. I don't know if it really adds moisture per se, but it looks good under makeup and makes it look more nourished even without makeup.

Edit: 11/2012 I've recently stopped using this. I still like it, but it's just so pricey for 1.35 oz. the ingredients are so basic, which I love, but I feel like I'm paying $30 for an ounce of cheap ingredients. I also dislike how I can never tell if I'll run out of product until I am actually out. I've been a week without moisturizer for this reason since I need to order it online. So I'm now trying a different moisturizer that's also supposed to be good but is much cheaper. I'll review that one once I have a verdict. I hope I find something else, because I was using so little of this because it's so expensive and I feel like my skin wasnt as hydrated as it could be because of that. I really wish a DS company would dupe this moisturizer since its such basic ingredients. I feel they'd make a killing and rival cerave.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Things were good at inital usage of this moisturizer. I had no real complaints, only that it didn't really sink into the skin that well and it kind of just sat there on top. I thought I was relieved that I finally found something geared for sensitive reactive skin. I thought the price is a bit silly for a simple moisturizer but I'm willing to shell out whatever it takes to make my skin happy. After about two weeks of using this, I was getting covered with clogged pores and some breakouts. I'm not 100% sure, but maybe Squalene is to blame. When I stopped using this, my skin slowly came back to normal. What a headache!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by sweetiegracie

worst product EVER. made me break out badly in whiteheads and some cysts after several uses. i put this on during the day only, and kept getting new pimples throughout the day. the other toleriane products are horrible too, super greasy and not moisturizing. dirt cheap cetaphil is even better. the only decent toleriane product is the foaming face wash. i would never ever recommend this to a friend, in fact i will be warning ppl to stay away from it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

This is one of the very few moisturisers I can use without irritating my skin or breaking out. It's super reliable in that sense and has a very light feel. It doesn't help with my redness but at least it doesn't add to it. Unfortunately it leaves a really bad sheen on my skin and makes my forehead look like a frying pan - and my skin isn't oily. Neither is sufficiently hydrating. It goes pretty well under make-up and that's how I'm planning to use the rest of my bottle. (I also use it on my elbows but it doesn't help much) I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by siewkengl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin is ultra sensitive, it breaks out on alcohol, any xHA, salicylicates, and this is the only day moisturizer that I can use.....the only rant is that I find that it is not moisturising enough