La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 9/19/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I have repurchased this item at least 12 times. It soothes and moisturizes, which is exactly what I need after a salicylic acid peel. I have oily skin with very large pores, and this has never broken me out or left me feeling greasy. It's probably a little pricey for the very simple ingredients, but the fact that it doesn't harm me in any way makes it worth it.
It's simple, clean, moisturizing-perferct for me. It even travels well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The nice thing about this product is that it feels light on the skin, doesn't make my skin break out, and makeup goes on nicely over it. However, I can only use this if my skin is particularly oily, otherwise it won't give me the necessary moisture I need. I only recommend this for oily skin types.

on 8/10/2012 3:31:00 AM

My chest area is highly sensitive. It gets irritated for all kinds of wired reasons. Last night after shower, I found that there was redness all over my chest and it was itchy as well. I put some regular moisturizer and went to sleep. This morning the situation did not get any better. I suddently remembered that I have this in my drawer. I pulled it out and put it on. I was surprised how fast it calmed my skin down. I feel like as I was rubbing it onto my chest, the redness already started to fade away. Now an hour has passed and my chest has come to a pretty presentable state (before it was pretty horrible). I always think highy of La Roche Posay's product. I think they are truely mild and effective at the same time. I would highly recommend this brand to people with sensitive skin like me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was not impressed with this product at first. You see, some reviewers are right, it does seem like it sits on your face. What I did is applied it all over and pat my face to help absorb it faster. Once it's absorbed, my face felt nourished and supple. It doesn't make my face oily nor does it mattify it to the point my skin underneath is dry--BB Creams tend to do that to me at least. So anyway, over the past month, I've been going thru a lot of purging in my face due to my other acne products--glycolic acids, BHAs, etc. which are very drying. I had dry spots around my eyes and some rich moisturizers felt stinging to me, it hurt more. This was the ONLY thing that soothed my dry patches and eventually moisturized them later on. No more dry patches. I cannot go without this one, even if I use tinted moisturizers with SPF afterwards.

Also have to say, when I used some moisturizers on my neck, my neck burned! I don't know if my skin was THAT sensitive or if the products I used were a little harsh, so I went back and put this on my neck as well...and my gawd, was it soothing. And it absorbed quickly too! I love this and I would also like to try the Toleriane Ultra as everyone is raving about that one.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Whenever my combination skin gets out of whack especially when I travel overseas for work, I use this trick recommended by my dermatologist. I use this cream Toleriane Fluid Soothing Protective Non-Oily Emulsion (Combination to Oily Skin) on my T-Zone. It's a light moisturiser that helps mattify my forehead, nose and chin and keeps the shine at bay. It's non-comedogenic and is great for my oily but sensitive T-Zone. To balance out my oily but dehydrated cheek areas, I use LPR's Hydraphase Intense Legere Intensive Rehydrating Care. After a month, my skin balances itself out. Ideal for the hot, humid climate I live in.

I also help my skin along by using 2 different toners - Jurlique Citrus Purifying Mist on my oily T-Zone and Jurlique Lavender Hydrating Mist on my dehydrated cheeks. Never use a harsh cleanser, not even one formulated for Combination Skin when trying to rebalance your skin. Use instead a very mild, gentle cleanser. After a month, with this routine, my skin learns to rebalances itself.

on 5/27/2012 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My old moisturizer wasn't doing it for me anymore. I have combination but very dehydrated skin, and I needed something that would absorb fast, not feel greasy (due to the upcoming hot summer weather), yet would be sufficiently hydrating. I've been using this for only a week now but I can feel a great difference in my skin. Makeup goes on more easily and I am not irritated. I appreciate the lack of fragrance and the extremely fluid consistency. I find it also mattifies my skin a little bit! The list of ingredients is very short, so it puts me at ease. I've thrown away all my other facial moisturizers because they've started to irritate me or didn't work anymore. I'm happy with Toleriane.

on 5/18/2012 4:59:00 PM

Great light moisturizer, perfect under makeup for acne skin.

on 5/17/2012 3:12:00 PM

With respect to your question ellinida, I personally prefer Ultra than this fluid. I have tried both. This fluid just sat on my skin and when I applied my foundation, it balled up badly. Iím not sure if you are a makeup user but I didnít notice this problem until I applied my foundation. It seemed to work great when I had no makeup on. Ultra, on the other hand, sinks right into my skin upon application. You would feel itís much thicker than the fluid when you squeeze it out from the tube but nope, it is not when you put it on your face. No film, no sticky feeling, non-greasy at all. My skin drinks them up right away. Ultra has a much shorter ingredient list which is good for sensitive skin. Donít be fooled by its thick consistency, it may not be hydrating enough for those dry skins. I have oily skin so it works well for me. I didnít feel the fluid hydrated me enough because it just sat on my skin, or I had already rubbed them all off when I applied my foundation. It also broke me out so I ended up gave it to my husband. Ultra on the other hand does not irritate my sensitive acne prone skin at all.

They are both in pump bottle but Ultra's package is even better. Itís absolutely air-free so the company can leave out the parabens.

on 5/10/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product last summer and loved that it was easy to apply, spread easily over the skin, loved it's light/fluid texture. I found it did leave the skin a bit oily and i tend to get blocked pores...but everything gives me blocked pores. It is my favourite moisturizer and i just re-prchased it but i'm still looking for one that will better control the blocked pores and oiliness...tempted to try Toleriane Ultra instead but i like the consistency of this one...has anyone tried both and care to write a comparison? Thanks

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really excited to try this product. I have dry, yet acne prone skin. I'm currently on Retin A, but I'm still getting many clogged pores on my cheeks and temples. This seemed promising for my dehydrated skin that breaks out easily from most moisturizers, since it's designed for intolerant skin. Sadly, this broke me out almost immediately. I used it for 3 days and enjoyed the light gel texture. It seems to sink in well and left a matte finish. My face would get extremely oily by mid-day, which I did not like. My makeup didn't go over it well and caked up in unattractive patches on my face. The bumps started by the second day and on the third day I developed a very huge and painful cyst on my temple. I haven't had inflamed acne since the 4th week of my Retin A use. I'm over 4 months into my treatment now. This cyst I have is literally the size of a dime on my temple and hurts!!! This product was the only new thing I had changed. I also have about 7 or 8 new clogged pores on my cheeks. I had also bought the LRP purifying cream cleanser, which I didn't even try due to my experience with the Toleriane Fluide. I'm promptly returning both products. I gave this a 2 because of the light feel, matte texture, and hygienic pump. A lot of people seem to love this product, but sadly my skin pretty much hates it.

Popular Moisturizers