Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Creme Make-up

3.7

Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Polyglyceryl-10 Decaoleate, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire De Carnauba, BHT, Mica, Talc, Parfum/Fragrance, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben [May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-) Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)]

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Formerly my absolute favourite foundation, and would agree with all the positive reviews.

But repeat users - beware!

I ran out last week and went in to buy a new Toasty Beige. I used it for a couple of days and it seemed fine, until a friend pointed out that I was looking really pale. I'd put it down to being unwell, but a trip back to the makeup counter revealed that it was the foundation. EA changed the colour; presumably something to do with the change in formula mentioned in the review below (though, I didn't notice any issues with the formula itself). Nobody had told the EA rep at the counter, who opened three new boxes just to check that it wasn't a one-off. She was fantastic and allowed me to exchange it for a Ceramide in Toasty, which is great, but too expensive to justify buying again.

Seriously, EA, you thought people wouldn't notice the difference?! Why not just discontinue Toasty Beige (or all of the range if this applies generally) and bring out a new range? SO disappointed! If it ain't broken, don't fix it! And if you do "fix" it, the least you could do is let people know.

I'll be going back to MAC. But I suppose if you're buying this for the first time and there's a colour for you and you want lasting, smooth coverage - go for it. Hopefully they don't switch it up again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The old version of this used to be unbelieveable, I never had to worry about my makeup coz it always sat perfect on my dry skin, however when I went to purchase it in a shade lighter the SA told me that it was a whole new "improved" formula, it was anything but. It used to blend in with my skin & glow, now it sits on top of it, its mask like, its more a cream to powder now so it makes my dry skin worse, its just awful. I would give anything for the old formula to return. Has anyone else noticed the change in the formula?
I have to say though the customer service in elizabeth arden is second to none, I contacted them to ask about the new formula and they were incredibly helpful.

Awful: thick and masking. Skin is locked in. Been around for a long time and it shows: foundation for the 20th century!

So many people I know recommended this that I went and bought it. My shade is vanilla. It's very very comfortable, and you can build up from a barely there veil to a very made up look. It has an old fashioned make up smell, that I don't dislike, and I love the black compact, again, a little bit old fashioned, it feels almost vintage. It lasts forever on the skin. I've worn it during nightshifts, during workouts...still there afterwards, does not budge.

I don't use it daily and haven't noticed breakouts. The only con for me is that with this on, I have to use proper make up remover before washing my face . I use clinique liquid soap, and usually can skip the make up remover , but this needs one. This is my first compact so I can't compare to others, but would definitely give it a go, especially if you want to wear something with staying power.

I love this foundation. For coverage and dewy finish it is unbeatable. A lot of the colours are too pink. Toasty beige does suit a lot of people and is quite golden and not too dark.
At the moment I am using MAC face and body with a touch of Elizabeth Arden flawless finish where I need extra coverage the effect is glowy dewy and kinder for my age I believe than anything else on the market.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I remember when Elizabet Arden came out with this: around 1978, It is as they say "as old as the hills." It still has it's place. If you want full coverage base in this cream on from the included sponge you'd be hard pressed finding anything which comes close. This a true "emollient based" foundation. I don't believe there is any water in the formuls whatsoever. This will cover anything (in the way MAC's Full Coverage sold in MAC Retail or MAC-Pro Stores can.) The color range is a bit dated however as most are/have "Rose" in the title. This is waterproof and you may literally swim in it and it won't budge. It's pretty sweat proof as well. I've used it before on a shoot where the model was coming out of a swimming pooL. It can double as concealer as well. This is so "old school" yet is still valid in todays world. That's staying power if ever there was such a thing!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I cant even remember why I brought this foundation! I dont use it much at all and it doesnt last very long on my face. I use it on very rare occassions when I can be asked to highlight my face, using a lighter colour on my cheeks which creates a lovely luminousity. But the smell of the product kinda makes my face itchy so I stoppped using it. It's like a strong scented powdery smell...I havent tried using the foundation on it's own because I can just imagine it sliding of my face within an hour as it did on a small section on my face. Packaging is cute, but not very hygenic cos the foundation is always exposed. Would be handy if there was something to cover it.

This is a stunning product,after the hunt for a good foundation finding this one the search was over, a consultant once took me to this foundation and me being a liquid foundation lover i thought never but this is like velvet on skin, not a good smell but other that that its perfection, do find it covers better when u use your fingers to apply. A must for dry skin.
Update: Still a stunning product my HG!!!!!!!

*UPDATE: They changed the formula, its awful now, makes my pores look like holes and i don't have big pores, why EA.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. I use warm sunbeige. It matches my skin tone perfectly in the winter. most definitely full coverage, & covered all imperfections.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

II was much too quick to get excited about this makeup. I bought it when I was in a bit of a tight spot - no makeup and out for the night. The colur I got was too dark, the makeup itself is too heavy and smells too strongly of I don't know what. Colour matches aside, the foundation clogged up some of my pores and did not really cover up my red patches around the nose - infact it created more discolouration than it hid. There are better DS foundations that cost roughly the same or less that do a much better job than this foundation. There is a reason why it is to be found on discount in so many chemists. Not for me.