October 30, 2014 | 1332 users online

Crème - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish Sponge-On Creme Make-up

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So many people I know recommended this that I went and bought it. My shade is vanilla. It's very very comfortable, and you can build up from a barely there veil to a very made up look. It has an old fashioned make up smell, that I don't dislike, and I love the black compact, again, a little bit old fashioned, it feels almost vintage. It lasts forever on the skin. I've worn it during nightshifts, during workouts...still there afterwards, does not budge.

I don't use it daily and haven't noticed breakouts. The only con for me is that with this on, I have to use proper make up remover before washing my face . I use clinique liquid soap, and usually can skip the make up remover , but this needs one. This is my first compact so I can't compare to others, but would definitely give it a go, especially if you want to wear something with staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by JOMCKEE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. For coverage and dewy finish it is unbeatable. A lot of the colours are too pink. Toasty beige does suit a lot of people and is quite golden and not too dark.
At the moment I am using MAC face and body with a touch of Elizabeth Arden flawless finish where I need extra coverage the effect is glowy dewy and kinder for my age I believe than anything else on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I remember when Elizabet Arden came out with this: around 1978, It is as they say "as old as the hills." It still has it's place. If you want full coverage base in this cream on from the included sponge you'd be hard pressed finding anything which comes close. This a true "emollient based" foundation. I don't believe there is any water in the formuls whatsoever. This will cover anything (in the way MAC's Full Coverage sold in MAC Retail or MAC-Pro Stores can.) The color range is a bit dated however as most are/have "Rose" in the title. This is waterproof and you may literally swim in it and it won't budge. It's pretty sweat proof as well. I've used it before on a shoot where the model was coming out of a swimming pooL. It can double as concealer as well. This is so "old school" yet is still valid in todays world. That's staying power if ever there was such a thing!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant even remember why I brought this foundation! I dont use it much at all and it doesnt last very long on my face. I use it on very rare occassions when I can be asked to highlight my face, using a lighter colour on my cheeks which creates a lovely luminousity. But the smell of the product kinda makes my face itchy so I stoppped using it. It's like a strong scented powdery smell...I havent tried using the foundation on it's own because I can just imagine it sliding of my face within an hour as it did on a small section on my face. Packaging is cute, but not very hygenic cos the foundation is always exposed. Would be handy if there was something to cover it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by twinklekitty

This is a stunning product,after the hunt for a good foundation finding this one the search was over, a consultant once took me to this foundation and me being a liquid foundation lover i thought never but this is like velvet on skin, not a good smell but other that that its perfection, do find it covers better when u use your fingers to apply. A must for dry skin.
Update: Still a stunning product my HG!!!!!!!

*UPDATE: They changed the formula, its awful now, makes my pores look like holes and i don't have big pores, why EA.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by oliviadilorenzo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. I use warm sunbeige. It matches my skin tone perfectly in the winter. most definitely full coverage, & covered all imperfections.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

II was much too quick to get excited about this makeup. I bought it when I was in a bit of a tight spot - no makeup and out for the night. The colur I got was too dark, the makeup itself is too heavy and smells too strongly of I don't know what. Colour matches aside, the foundation clogged up some of my pores and did not really cover up my red patches around the nose - infact it created more discolouration than it hid. There are better DS foundations that cost roughly the same or less that do a much better job than this foundation. There is a reason why it is to be found on discount in so many chemists. Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by BalsamandAmbrosia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a cheaper version of Lancome's (the only comparison that comes to mind) photogenic compact makeup. I never really use the included sponge because I think latex wedge sponges spread much better. Also, the powdered scent can take some getting used to if your not used to using Arden foundations. (This scent isnt found in Estee Lauders foundations, hers are completely fragrance free, yet I prefer Arden for several reasons, some which I won't go into on this review). Despite its target demographic (older, white women), as a company, Elizabeth Arden offers a several pretty decent choices for women of color (which i'm quite satisfied with). Most of their newer foundations (like the updated Ceramide, intervene, and the mineral contain options for brown skin tones and their color selection is very well pigmented, esp. the color intrigue lipsticks, i think even more so than Clinique).

I chose the cream version because i'm trying to stay away from foundations that mattify my skin (this is why I have given up on estee lauder companies, because every one I go to wants to give me something oil free, if I can't find what i'm looking for at Arden, then i'll go to Fashion Fair or Clarins, those are my three go-to department store brands). I have normal/combination skin and it has the tendency to peel in some places. I realized that to look its best my skin needed extra comfort. I don't know why I chose the Flawless Finish over the Ceramide (probably because I thought the Ceramide would be too creamy), but i'm very pleased with the color, texture, and wearability of the foundation as a whole.

The texture is creamy, but not an overly-moisturizing creamy. I would say its more like a satin-matte creamy. It blends really well, doesn't oxidize like most other cream/powder foundations do. The color doesn't change and it covers, conceals, and hides flaws (or, is that what they mean by flawless finish?). This is my first Arden foundation, and i've figured that since i'm coming of age (will be 21 later this month) I should make up my mind on a foundation and stick with it (just the same as saving money, right?).

Anyway, i've become very attached to Elizabeth Arden's products over the years (well 3 or 4 years, i'm not that old). My first eyeliner and lipsticks came from EA. I grew up with my mother wearing red door perfume. And although she doesn't wear makeup, I showed her my foundation and shes like 'thats the best'. So if mom gives it her approval, then its definitely a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by TMK6959

So, I purchased this product to use at a wedding. I am a die-hard covergirl aquasmooth cream foundation user, and I was looking for an SPF-free alternative (aquasmooth has SPF 15. NOT a good look in flash photography) And found this. My first impression was 'wow, this is THICK!' so I moisturized quite heavily and used primer before putting this on. It was quite pleasant to apply but it did emphasize my dry spots. It looks VERY porcelain (I use ivory) and I am very pale to start with so this made me ghastly pale. I swept some Dandelion all over my face and it fixed the problem- the combination of the two is amazing. Be warned: the smell of this foundation is atrocious. I would liken it to the air freshener used in public toilets. If you can get past the smell, use a good primer and have normal/combination skin, this foundation is a gem. The compact is perfect and comes with a lot of product which is great. Minus one lippy for the toilet scent. I prefer my aquasmooth, but I will repurchase this in a heartbeat if I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by DollFaceMUA

Two words: HOLY GRAIL!
Been using this foundation for 15 years, I have tried others from time to time but always come back. Constantly get compliments that my skin looks porcelain.

Full coverage, long wearing (set with powder), satin finish can be matte with powder.
Great for dry skin, wear mattifyer if oily.

None of the 'professional' cream foundations can compare!