Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 4/25/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this because I wanted to feel old fashioned and fancy while using it...but it really didn't work out. I tried this to get off heavy makeup one day and not only got my makeup off but I also got a serious reaction. My skin burned so bad that I had to slather yogurt all over my face to calm it down. It was probably the fragrance in it that screwed my skin up. It would have been a really nice product if it didn't freak my skin out. I'd recommend it if you aren't ULTRA (Like water makes your skin red and bumpy) sensitive like me.

on 4/23/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This felt luxurious to use in the winter. It took of all my makeup and made my skin feel calm and happy. I still moisturized afterwards thought because I have really dry skin. I used to massage this into my face and it felt great and smelled nice (baby powdery). What I hated was getting it off. I don't like washcloths and using a paper towel + hot water to remove the cold cream was such a hassle/waste. I have now switched over to baby wipes which are much quicker and easier to use.

on 4/21/2015 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have been using this for years. It has mineral oil in it and this is the ingredient which makes it work if used properly. Wet face. Take good dollop out of jar with clean hands and work into face. Make up and dirt of the day will be liquidized and if you have time to put a clean warm wet washcloth over your face for a few minutes it's even better. ALL of this must now be removed with your favourite cleanser and warm water. Cold cream is not a stand alone cleanser with residue to be left on. It is a step in liquidizing dirt, bringing it to the surface, but it has to all be removed or you defeat the purpose.

I use Avon's Anew Platinum cleanser and/or Aloe bar soap so all make up, sunscreen, and cold cream, etc. is completely removed. There should be no cold cream residue left on the face to act as a night cream or face moisturizer. It will clog pores. In the old days it was used in theatre circles to remove heavy makeup with the idea being that you 'tissued' the whole mess off and left the cold cream residue on to soften the skin. In reality, the user had removed some of their makeup but added mineral oil and paper particles from the tissues to solidify back into their skin and create a bigger problem.

Wonderful for dry skin or if you are in a harsh climate with air pollution or work in an industry where heavy make up (theatre, film, etc.) has to be applied. Don't forget to use a proper moisturizer and good sunscreen!!

My face never launched a thousand ships but I have damned good skin!

on 4/21/2015 4:33:00 PM

For my sensitive skin this product was horrible it made my skin swell and is very perfumes which makes my eyes puffy, for me it's a 1/5 but I put higher because I can see how it would be good for other people with more hardy skin. It cleans skin pretty well, although it leaves a feeling on the skin like its been coated with a thin layer of wax.

on 4/11/2015 9:55:00 PM

Here in the uk I am sorry to say that the new jars with the pink lids are not nearly as nice. The old fashioned pots were traditional and held more cream. I decided to buy Ponds because the product was used by my mother for many years, but I am sad because the cream does not have the distinctive smell anymore. I used the cream to remove waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeline. I actually applied a tiny amount of cream onto my eyelids with my finger and waited for a few moments. The makeup was easily removed with cotton wool pads. There was no allergic reaction, or soreness, unlike other products that I have tried.

on 4/5/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this cleanser I've been using it for years,but now here in the UK the packaging has been changed and has gone down in teams,you used to get 75g now down to 50g so like a moisturiser size so I feel won't last me as long and the new packaging with the pink lid looks cheap looking! If you live in the USA you have a better deal as you get a bigger tub of 99g so I feel hard done by.On the positive side my skin feels super soft and hydrated and I will keep using but I will see how long it lasts,might have to
Change to the boots traditional version of this as you get more for money spent.

on 3/31/2015 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I saw all the raves for this and thought it would be a great cheap (it's $AUD 6) cream cleansing solution for my dry skin (extreme dryness and dehydration due to pregnancy). I applied a decent layer of approx dime size to cover my whole face, but not make it white with cream.

I removed with a warm flannel and like some others I didn't mind the scent - it's old school, but not unpleasant. It takes off makeup well.

My skin felt fresh and clean, but not stripped. Sadly, when I woke up the next morning, I had a big white milia on my lower eyelid. I checked the ingredients and it has mineral oil in it, which I should have checked before using it.

I've since gone for Clinique's Take The Day Off Balm which has better for me.

on 3/27/2015 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love it. Removes makeup excellently. Smell is a bit strong but it's a classic.

on 3/24/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The scent of Ponds Cold Cream is unpleasant to my nose. As soon as I apply it to my face, the scent is overwhelming, and when I place a wet cloth on my face to remove makeup, the scent mixed with water is next door to nauseating.

In all fairness, unable to rate this lower than three lippies because it removes makeup well and leaves my skin soft. Scent is subjective. If one is not bothered the scent, one will have a good, affordable product to remove makeup without leaving skin dry and taut.

on 3/21/2015 7:22:00 PM

I grew up with Pond"s cold cream. My grandmother and mother used it religiously....and they both had beautiful creamy complexions. I am now 50 years old, and have been using Pond"s all of my life. I have NEVER used any kind of soaps or facial washes on my face, and I have no wrinkles! People always compliment me on how beautiful my skin is, and that makes me feel very proud. I love everything about Pond"s cold cream. It"s a wonderful cleanser, make-up remover and moisturizer. The texture is soft and creamy, and the smell is light, clean and feminine. I have tried a couple different brands of cold creams/cleansing creams, but I always return to Ponds. My days of straying and experimenting with other brands are over with. I am a Ponds girl for life!!!