Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 2/5/2015 4:47:00 PM

I bought this because it was the only makeup removing product that was left on the shelves at Walmart after the holiday had basically wiped out the whole store in my rural area. I really bought it out of desperation because the makeup removed I used to use was not there, nor was any product that I recognized.

I have loved this cream since the first night that I tried it. I love the texture - it feels so soft and silky on my skin. That's how it makes my skin feel after I use it, as well. As soon as I wipe it off, my skin feels clean and fresh. I quite honestly don't feel the need to do anything else to it afterward. I don't really notice the smell, but I can see how it might be mildly offensive to someone who is particularly sensitive.

Something that I really like about it is how nicely it comes out of my eyebrows and eyelashes. It feels a bit sticky when it goes on for the first time, probably because I wasn't used to a cream cleanser and I wasn't quite sure how it was going to come off, but it comes off really easily. I was shocked how much makeup came off on the cloth the first time I used it. I have never had any other remover take that much off.

The first morning I woke up, I noticed right away that my face still felt clean and that my skin looked better already. I sometimes forget to clean my makeup off and if I start having negative effects from my carelessness and I use this, it is a quick fix to my problems as soon as I use it again. (I think the most I didn't use it was three nights because I was away unexpectedly and it was left at home.)

During the day, my skin feels amazing under my makeup. I can feel how smooth it is and see a difference in my colouring. I have more success in the morning putting on my foundation because the surface of my skin is more even and everything glides on like it is supposed to. And because my makeup is so nice going on, I'm actually using less makeup, saving me money, but also reducing the acne, then the makeup, then the acne . . . you get it.

My routine with it is put a whole ton on to my face and smear it around, because it lasts forever apparently. I am very, very generous with how much I put on and the tub looks like it is still completely full after over a month of using it. I run a regular washcloth under warm water and ring it out. Then I just wipe off my face and call it a night. In the morning I use a salicylic acid face wash and moisturizer routine. It does not appear to interact negatively with it. In fact, I think it makes it more effective because my face is already so clean from the night before.

The only thing I don't like, and this is by far the most minor thing I have every complained about, is that I do not like the shape of the tub. It is attractive, but i can only see into the future when I am trying to get my fingers up into the sides. But because it is so inexpensive, especially for how long it will apparently last, I am not even worried if I don't get it all out. I only include this here because I rarely give anything 100% (joke, because I'm a teacher).

I will buy this again. I will use this for the rest of my life (and I'm only 25!). This is true love (don't tell my husband).

on 2/1/2015 11:50:00 AM

I love this and can't believe I haven't tried it sooner. Well, I know why I haven't because now that I'm in my 30's, my skin is not only oily, it is now acne prone. Hello, welcome to adult hormonal acne. My problem areas are my chin and jaw line. I get big cystic blemishes there. I had flawless skin as a teen, nothing could upset my skin. Now, the wind can blow too hard and my face turns beet red with bumps. As I get older, I'm noticing that chemicals in skincare and the enviornment are now making my skin on the sensitive side. Because I've always had oily skin, the thought of putting a cold cream on my face was insane. Wax and mineral oil? To wash my makeup off? Are you crazy? But, I'm getting frustrated by the lack of performance in other products so I picked this old cult favorite out of desperation. My normal skincare routine was this: 1. remove makeup with 2 makeup wipes. 2. apply a salicylic acid face wash w/ Clarisonic brush and cleanse skin. 3. Tone skin. 4. apply a serum. 5. moisturize skin (even though I have oily skin, I'm also blessed with dry flakes around my chin area. Again, this is a new skin problem for me). Last night, I tried a new simple approach to my pm routine. I got rid of a few steps. 1. apply a thin layer of Ponds Cold Cream directly to my face full of makeup. I let it sit on for about 2 minutes. 2. dampened a papertowel with warm water and wiped it all off. 3. tone skin 4. moisturize skin. Actually, I really didn't need to moisturize my whole face, only my dry chin because after wiping off the cream, there is a moist residue left behind that feels nice but doesn't make me appear oily. Best of all, all traces of makeup were gone! gone! gone! No wait, best of all is this. I was so afraid to wake up with about 20,000 new blemishes, clogged pores and what not. But, when I got up and out of habit, grabbed my blemish concealer to dot my spots. When I looked up in the mirror w/ my concealer in hand, I was thinking Damn, my skin actually cleared up! The only thing I had to cover up was an old acne scar on my chin. Sooooo, now I don't need that $200 Clarisonic thingy to cleanse my makeup off. Hmmm, I wish I discovered this $6.99 miracle cream 2 years ago before I purchased the Clarisonic. The only con I can find with this product is the smell. I wish it was unscented.
Update: I'm finally done with my first tub and I'm buying another to replace it. I love this product now just as much as the first time using it. This one product has saved my skin. Forever will be a tub on Ponds near my bathroom sink!

on 1/29/2015 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I generally don't write reviews for anything but I'm so grateful for this cream that I feel it is important to share my story. I suffered from cystic acne for a large portion of my teenage years and early 20s. I have tried most cleansers in Shoppers Drug Mart from high end brands to low end just searching for a solution. I started using Ponds Deep Cleanser cream about 2 years ago and my skin is the best it's ever been. I rarely break out now and when I do it's 1 or 2 pimples max around my period and I no longer need to use concealer and foundation.

When I first started using it my skin was great, 1 week later I started breaking out on my chin but I kept using it and after 2 more weeks my skin had adjusted perfectly. I believe a big part of the noticeable difference in my skin is due to the use of microfiber cloths in combinations with Ponds cold cream. I bought them cheap from the auto / car section of Canadian Tire and I find they really help unclog my pores.

My routine is to spread the ponds cream across my face and rub it in for 30 seconds. Following that I put my microfiber cloth under warm water and start removing the cream from my face. I rub sections of the microfiber cloth on my face in circles to remove it. I also make sure to never use the same part of the cloth twice as I feel you're just spreading bacteria around on your face if you do that. This usually means i'll use both sides of the cloth so I can capture my whole face. After that I rinse my face with cold water, pat dry and I'm ready to go to bed. Simple but effective. I know this is a long review but I sincerely hope this helps someone like it helped me.

on 1/28/2015 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros:
Removes all makeup including waterproof mascara and eyeliner easily.
My skin feels clean
My skin is hydrated

Cons:
Maybe not good for people with oily skin as it can be

I use this produce according to the directions. I rub a good amount of it all over my face. I make sure to gently scrub my eyelids and lashes in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Then i take a washcloth, run it under warm water, ring it out, then wipe my face. Everything is gone! After that I continue with my skincare routine.

I have tried other makeup removing wipes and they fail to get ride of my eyeliner and mascara completely. This works amazing and last much longer is cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product! It slides all of my makeup off like a charm and leaves my skin feeling so soft! It gets even the most stubborn makeup off so easily! This is an old classic for a reason, definitely a good buy!

on 1/17/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Update, five months later:

Still using Ponds Cold Cream without fail. I've been using it every day for about five months now and I can say with certainty that I haven't broken out once. Not even once. I've finished one jar and now am 1/6th done my second jar, I'd say.

Going to use Pond's for life. No doubt about it.
------------

A product that I will likely use for the rest of my life - and I don't say that lightly. I have oily skin but luckily I stopped paying attention to skin-care mantras like "OIL-BASED PRODUCTS IS BAD FOR OILY SKIN" a few years ago, so I was able to use this without hesitation.

For the first two weeks, I experienced small, minor break-outs - probably my skin getting used to the new foreign formula I lathered onto my face. It's been a month since then, however, and my skin is feeling (and looking) better than ever. No break-outs whatsoever.

Here is my routine: before I go to sleep, I lather a generous portion of the cream over my face then proceed to gently massage the eye area, making sure my eyelashes are also coated. Fast forward five minutes, I wipe off everything with a slightly damp kleenex and all of my make-up is removed (even my pesky mascara) and my skin feels so very soft and smooth.

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Pond from older women. I would still buy it even if it were double the price, but I'm sure glad it's ridiculously cheap!

on 1/17/2015 7:26:00 AM

Love this stuff! I have acne prone combo skin, that reacts to almost all cleansers by breaking out or by instantly drying out. I use Ponds and otherwise use Micellar water. Anything else requiring rinsing causes my skin to become really dry, tight and itchy. This cold cream does NOT break me out and I'm extremely acne prone. I use on dry skin and either rinse in the shower or using a warm washcloth. Take the time to give yourself a nice face massage with it and you'll get nice results. I also recommend getting some baby wash clothes for washing this off, provides perfect exfoliation and removes every last trace of makeup. I use the cloth dry to remove the cream first, then rinse the cloth and continue wiping off with the damp cloth.

on 1/15/2015 11:51:00 PM

I have acne prone skin that until recently used to be oily as well. I suppose I am in transition or something because how can skin be oily and dry at the same time and still break out like crazy? I use Retin A Micro in the winter months (it causes photosensitivity and I have to wear heavy sunscreen which makes me break out even more, so I skip it in the summer months) that makes me flake and peel, so in desperation, I grabbed this cold cream. I was totally expecting it to make me break out, clog up my already congested skin, feel greasy, SOMETHING!! But it didn't. I've been using this religiously twice a day for the past two months and my breakouts are actually healing up. I tend to get the closed comedone type of acne and sometimes big cystic spots. It has not clogged my pores one bit. I love this stuff. It smells nice as well.

My routine: PM: if wearing makeup, I will get about a teaspoon sized amount and rub into my face and eye area and let it set while I brush my teeth or shower. I then use a very warm washcloth and wipe it off. I will then (in the evening) use a gentle face wash to get any leftover makeup off and go back in with the Ponds for a moisturizer. I allow that to absorb a bit then apply my Retin A Micro. If not wearing makeup, I will skip the face wash.

AM routine: Apply Ponds, wipe off with warm washcloth and use a Stridex pad on my problem areas. reapply Ponds to my dry areas.

Pro: cheap, nice scent, moisturizing, non greasy on skin, makes skin feel soft, easily removes makeup (even heavy foundation and mascara)

Cons: the tub is a no go for germaphobes. I am not one and my hands are clean before I dip into it, bit I can see how it would bother some. The opening is narrow so it is difficult to get to the product once you get toward the bottom of the jar, but I just use a clean spoon to scoop some out.

EDIT: It has now been a month since I began using the Ponds. After a two week period, I had a bunch of zits come to the surface, so I had a decent breakout. The came to a head quickly and healed quickly. My closed comedies are easier to remove and are lessening in number. I stuck with the Ponds and now my skin looks so lovely. I'm still getting some purging but it is so much better than before. My skin doesn't feel dry, itchy and isn't flaky as it usually is in winter. I really love this stuff.

on 1/14/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite face cleanser, i use it every night to take my makeup off and it feels very good not greasy it leaves a nice glow on your face..

I love this cleanser. Takes all my makeup off. Very gentle on the skin and helps clear mt brakeouts!