Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 1/15/2015 11:51:00 PM

I have acne prone skin that until recently used to be oily as well. I suppose I am in transition or something because how can skin be oily and dry at the same time and still break out like crazy? I use Retin A Micro in the winter months (it causes photosensitivity and I have to wear heavy sunscreen which makes me break out even more, so I skip it in the summer months) that makes me flake and peel, so in desperation, I grabbed this cold cream. I was totally expecting it to make me break out, clog up my already congested skin, feel greasy, SOMETHING!! But it didn't. I've been using this religiously twice a day for the past two months and my breakouts are actually healing up. I tend to get the closed comedone type of acne and sometimes big cystic spots. It has not clogged my pores one bit. I love this stuff. It smells nice as well.

My routine: PM: if wearing makeup, I will get about a teaspoon sized amount and rub into my face and eye area and let it set while I brush my teeth or shower. I then use a very warm washcloth and wipe it off. I will then (in the evening) use a gentle face wash to get any leftover makeup off and go back in with the Ponds for a moisturizer. I allow that to absorb a bit then apply my Retin A Micro. If not wearing makeup, I will skip the face wash.

AM routine: Apply Ponds, wipe off with warm washcloth and use a Stridex pad on my problem areas. reapply Ponds to my dry areas.

Pro: cheap, nice scent, moisturizing, non greasy on skin, makes skin feel soft, easily removes makeup (even heavy foundation and mascara)

Cons: the tub is a no go for germaphobes. I am not one and my hands are clean before I dip into it, bit I can see how it would bother some. The opening is narrow so it is difficult to get to the product once you get toward the bottom of the jar, but I just use a clean spoon to scoop some out.

EDIT: It has now been a month since I began using the Ponds. After a two week period, I had a bunch of zits come to the surface, so I had a decent breakout. The came to a head quickly and healed quickly. My closed comedies are easier to remove and are lessening in number. I stuck with the Ponds and now my skin looks so lovely. I'm still getting some purging but it is so much better than before. My skin doesn't feel dry, itchy and isn't flaky as it usually is in winter. I really love this stuff.

on 1/14/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite face cleanser, i use it every night to take my makeup off and it feels very good not greasy it leaves a nice glow on your face..

I love this cleanser. Takes all my makeup off. Very gentle on the skin and helps clear mt brakeouts!

on 12/27/2014 6:13:00 PM

I love this cold cream. It removes my makeup with ease, smells great, and leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. I've even used this as a moisturizer on my face and hands at night during the drying winter months. Will purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Though I don't love this as much as Queen Helene Triple Whipped Cleanser, I do like it for what it is: A simple cold cream with a pleasant scent. The price, which varies by store, is pretty reasonable given how long cold cream generally lasts. I do find myself using more of this than I used of the QH variety, though I find the formulation slightly drier, or perhaps, less oily. I will give 4/5 lippies, mostly because it simply doesn't clean -quite- so well as the QH brand, and I have not had the same moisturizing results that I expected from a cold cream.

If I were unable to ever buy QHTWC again, this would be my standby (like I have a choice).

on 12/24/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Scent is wayyyy too strong. I think the amount of fragrance in this is what gave my face a slight burning sensation...especially around my mouth for some reason. It takes off makeup like no one's business, so I'll give it that!!

on 12/12/2014 11:14:00 PM

Man, I really wanted this to work. Like so many others, my grandmother used to swear by this and she had the most lovely skin ever. Recently, I started Retin-A, and I have to use a very gentle cleanser with it which just doesn't take makeup off. I turned to Ponds and was so utterly disappointed.

I've tried every method under the sun. I've wet my face, used this, and wiped it off. I've put it on a dry face and let it sit before wiping it off. I've used it in the shower. I've used it with tissues, wet towels, dry towels, wet face, and dry face, left it sitting and wiped it off imediately, rubbed it around till it emulsified, used a cleanser afterwards… and there's still a ton of makeup on my toner's cotton ball afterwards. TONS of it. And it's not like I'm wearing a mask or anything, just a BB cream and mascara.

I really, really wanted this to work. But it just… didn't. :( Thankfully I only got the small jar.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

We all know how great this product is for makeup removal. I've been using this for years. However, just recently I found another way to use this. Every winter I struggle with dehydrated skin. My skin is oily year round though. Forced hot air as well as my peels and exfoliation products leave me with a flakey face around this time of year. I've tried countless of moisturizers as well as Euercin, Aloe Vera Gel, Body lotions, shea butter, vaseline to help tame flakes that pop up after foundation application. Most disturbed the makeup and made it fade or melt away. Some caused even more skin issues. Some didn't even tame the flakes. Out of frustration, I dabbed a tiny amount of Ponds Cold Cream around my flakey areas and they went away! Just like that! Plus, my foundation stayed in place. Amazing. This stuff rocks my life.

on 11/30/2014 12:15:00 AM

I love Ponds Cold Cream. I buy it in lots of 3, so I never run out.
At night, first, I remove my eye makeup with Almond oil, then I slather a big glob of Ponds Cold Cream all over my face and eyes, leave for a few minutes, then wipe off with a face wipe (or baby wipe (cheaper)) cloth, to remove all the foundation. Then, I rinse off with a face washer, & moisturise. It's half moisturiser anyway, so very soothing. My teenage daughter now also uses it, too!

on 11/30/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Love this for my oily skin!! I use it to take off my makeup at night using a baby wipe to wipe if off.