July 24, 2014 | 990 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Uniquewabbit has an great detailed review - do check it out! I can vouch from experience that my grandma had great skin for her age & only used this stuff and the dry skin cream and since this stuff is inexpensive so I decided to try it. I have to say it's a great product and my aging skin is loving it however I can't get this product to work around my eyes. They seem irritated from the product after I use it like I have some residual product around the eye area no matter how much I try to wipe or use a warm washcloth. I much prefer using my Philosophy Purity on my eyes as it gets rid of all my eye make-up easily & rinses off cleanly so no irritation afterwards. This will definitely be in my rotation going forward but not ready to ditch my HG Purity just yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

Oh my gosh, I had a party to go to for my husbands company in the evening.... and I used this cold cream a couple hours before we had to be there. It gave me a horrible allergic reaction! Made my cheeks bright red, painful. I was hoping and praying the rash would go away for the party, however I had to slather on foundation to cover it and I still looked ridiculous! The red painful welts on my face lasted all night. Anyway, if you have sensitive skin or your're on retin-a (like I am), stay away from this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by uniquewabbit

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My Grandmother used this and had beautiful skin until she died just before her 93rd birthday. I have sensitive skin and seem to be allergic to almost everything, especially perfumes. Because of this, I automatically avoided it because it smelled perfumy. I like the scent, it's just that usually something that smells 'pretty' breaks me out and makes me sick.

But, one day I just decided to live dangerously. A neighbor had been telling me about it and she had really nice skin so I figured what the hay. I got a tiny jar and was really surprised at the effects and results. No allergic reaction whatsoever; in fact, my skin calmed down.

This was about 3 years ago. I used it for a year and then, I became super nature-conscious; organic raw food life, etc. I started using other products that were organic and natural but nothing seemed to agree with my skin or clean off my make up. I figured if something couldn't clean off make-up it also couldn't clean my face when I didn't wear make-up and that thought bothered me. I started to remember a lot of herbs and oils and essesences could be exactly the reason for the original creation of things like white bread and synthetic perfumes: namely that some of us are allergic to so many things that natural substances many times make us look and feel worse than the synthetic and chemical. I remembered that poison ivy is also 'natural' and even though there are some people who aren't allergic to it, most people are and break out and get sick if exposed to it and a lot of the beautiful smelling natural plants of the world are seen by our weird bodies as poisons to start fighting off and ... the results are just the opposite of what we're going for both asthetically and healthwise.

So I went back to Pond's. I use both the cold cream and dry skin cream. Nothing like it for people like me who react to so many things negatively and thank God for stripped down wheat, altered milk, etc., because to us they are the only way our bodies won't react violently.

My husband says my skin looks a lot healthier already and this is only my third day using it.

The trick to it is a washcloth. Many 'exfoliating' products would not be needed if one used a good old fashioned scratchy (you know those 18 for $4) washcloths like the women did in my Grandmother's day. The best and old fashioned way to use Pond's cold cream is to wet one of those washcloths with hot (not burning, just really really warm) water and lay it on your face for a few seconds, keep the water hot, running (plug up the sink or not, whichever suits) while you apply the cream. I do my eyes last and this is the only product I've tried (and I've broken the bank trying out products, and non-products too, for that matter) that removes every speck of eye make-up in seconds. And the 24hr types of lip colors. Then wring out the very warm, almost hot washcloth and once again, lay it on your face a few seconds and then wipe off the cold cream. Thus you are exfoliating your skin, plus removing the cold cream. The make-up, sweat, etc. goes down the drain with the cold cream and it is so creamy, the washcloth removal doesn't strip your skin dry.

The feeling I get afterward is dewy, not oily or greasy. Then I apply the dry skin cream to my face and throat and even upper chest and elbows for good measure since I'm closer to 60 than 50 ;-) Younger women probably wouldn't need this last step.

Great, great stuff. Miraculous, when you consider the price.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing I'll ever use to take off my eye make up!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by velvetsmile

I'm turning 50 this year and I just started using both Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser and Pond's Dry Skin Cream- bought both jars at the same time. Why? because I never forgot what my 95 year old client/friend told me when I asked her why her face looked so smooth-really! She told me the "secret" was Pond's cold cream. I never forgot that bit of information and it was quite some time until I made my first recent purchase. I am so happy with the effect it's had my skin- my skin feels transformed- I have no dry spots now and my face feels soo soft. I even use it on my neck- I will never go back to the my old washing habits-I do not like to fuss-I feel good health comes from within-eating nutritious foods, exercising, H20, avoiding extended exposure to the sun. I have nothing negative to say about it- it works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by denise95

This cream is really not for anyone with even MILDLY sensitive skin. I am usually able to take heavy creams on my face ( SKII Stempower and Nivea Creme). I used Ponds as a cleansing balm, making sure to rinse off thoroughly before using a facial foam. However, about one hour after using it, my face started to break out in small pimples and patchy rashes. I heard they changed the formula so it's not the original anymore? Its fine as a body moisturiser though, just takes a tad longer to get absorbed. DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE WITH ANY DEGREE OF SENSITIVITY.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by PlantStrong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised by this classic. Thoroughly cleans without irritating my skin or causing breakouts. Very moisturizing. It doesn't rinse clean, which might bother some people. I use a damp washcloth to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love how this removes all my makeup, cleanses and moisturizes my skin all in one step. And one jar will last for months. But I won't be repurchasing because it made my nose get super oily, and I don't normally have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by OrangeUGlad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this stuff almost every day as a makeup remover. It does a fantastic job of removing even the most stubborn waterproof makeup. I usually apply it all over my face and let it sit while I brush my teeth. I take it off with a cotton ball (or two) after I'm done dealing with my pearly whites. Just taking it off leaves me feeling too greasy, so I also have to rinse my face with water and pat it dry. Then I do the rest of my skin care routine.
This stuff is really moisturizing. I don't even feel the need to moisturize after cleaning my face with this. If I'm feeling really tired I can just use this baby then proceed to pass out without doing anything else and still wake up with insanely soft skin.
This stuff also lasts for a really long time. I've been using it for almost a year now and only just started on a second jar. Speaking of the jars, they're okay but sometimes I stick my makeup covered fingers in it and leave smears. It's a little annoying, but I can live with it.
The only thing keeping me from rating this a 5/5 is that it smells like roses. I hate the stench of roses. Fortunately, it's not overpowering. I can't smell it over the mint smell of my toothpaste, and the smell doesn't linger after rinsing it off. The jar and the scent aren't enough to stop me from using this cold cream. There are way more benefits to this product than there are drawbacks so I'll be repurchasing for the foreseeable future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Glorylocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about 2 years now. I think that as far as a cold cream goes, there is no better brand. This product isn't very costly and its available at just about any drugstore. When I first tried this product I wasn't sure that I was going to like it. It does leave a "greasy" feeling to your skin that I wasn't used to. This is actually good for your skin in my opinion because as you sleep the mineral oil is absorbed into your skin which moisturizes your skin. I couldn't believe how soft my skin was the next morning!!
Currently my facial routine includes this as it is winter and my skin is starting to dry out. I apply this to my face sparingly, then wash what I can off with warm water. I then cleanse my face with Noxzema Anti Bacterial Lathering Cleanser. After that I apply Witch Hazel as my toner, any acne over the counter acne medication I feel is necessary and then my moisturizer of choice. So far this has been doing wonders for my skin! Still not "flawless" but I prefer to focus on the health of my skin.
In addition to being used as a cleanser I've found that you can easily use this as a lotion. I would recommend using it at night..or somewhere that is easily covered up as it is rather greasy when first applied. This is also great to put on sunburns! I don't like putting just anything on my face if I do get burnt..and this works wonders to get rid of the burn!