MAC Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

4.7

My Mac store won't take depotted eye shadows. The pan must be intact. I just wish they were consistent about it, that's all. I have found a Macy's that will accept them so I guess I will be stuck with lipsticks for all the pots I used to fill my pro palette.

Also of note, you can back to Mac eyelash cases and makeup remover wipes packaging. They are currently selling the wipes at CCO as well. Another thing is buy the brush leaner and empty it into a dollar store bottle. That way you can be five products away right after your purchase.

My complaint is simple.. I live in ILLINOIS and u can only get the lip gloss if I go to oak brook where I live 2 minutes from ORLAND MALL because it has to b a free standing store! ANNOYING!!!!

This program that Mac offers is awesome!! If you bring back 6 packages of their products you can get a lipglass, lipstick, or eyeshadow for free! It's a great way for people to recycle and then they get rewarded for it! I had no problems with giving them my depotted shadows, so I am not sure why people said they wouldn't accept them... It's great and I hope they keep doing it forever!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's amazing!!

Remember to keep your eyelash cases too, cause they count! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Just took back 18 eyeshadow pots today (yesterday was spent slicing up my hands getting them out of their plastic homes) to an actual MAC store and was told I could choose between eyeshadows, the classic black-and-silver tube lipsticks, and lipglasses. The only catch is that you cannot ask for the pan refills instead of the potted kind! Which means more cuts and nicks on my hands. Oh well, I'm not turning down free stuff when I was planning to buy them anyway. Super pleased with this programme and MAC for having it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just brought back 6 lipstick tubes and was told I could get ANYTHING in the store that was in a plastic container. That it was not limited to just lipstick. I was purchasing 2 lipglasses and my Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50 which is $30.00 and got the Prep & Prime Face Protect for free. I love this program!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This program is absolutely fantastic.
If you turn in 6 empty MAC containers, you receive 1 free lipstick.
From my experience, the containers can be anything, from eyeshadow containers to compacts to lipstick tubes, except for eyeshadow pans (I see why: anyone can go buy an entire load of empty e/s pans online for super cheap and claim it's from MAC lol), and the lipsticks you receive cannot be Viva Glam, because Viva Glam is a fund-raising program, nor will they allow you to receive limited edition lipsticks.
From B2M, I've received some great lipsticks! I love this program!

This program has a great concept overall but i feel like there are a couple flaws. The biggest problem i ran into was depotting. I depotted my shadows to put in my palette and then found out that some stores do not accept the pots without the pans inside. My original idea was to depot the shadows then back-2-mac the plastic containers. Luckily the store i went to was not paying attention and took in my pots. Some other stores do not accept this. other than that the program is great

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wish all lines would do this.

LOVE BACK 2 MAC!! I have sensitive lips, but luckily I live near plenty of MAC pro stores... so I am VERY HAPPY that I get to B2M for eye shadows! (if you go to a department store MAC counter you can only swap out for a lip stick)

And.. when you B2M for an eye shadow at a pro store, you get it in pan form... so you can just depot the shadow and BOOM! you're already on your way to having 5 more empties!

Great program to take advantage of.. sometimes it takes me a few months to save up enough empties.. but these take up such little room that I don't mind keeping them around

Popular Other Products