Pro Activ Deep Cleansing Wash

3.8

Active Ingredient: salicylic acid 2%. Inactive Ingredients: water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, distearyl phthalic acid amide, polyethylene, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, jojoba esters, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, ammonium laureth sulfate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, menthol, butylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, fragrance (parfum), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289.

The exfoliating beads are too rough and harsh for your face, especially if you use it twice daily. Sometimes my face would hurt after using it. As soon as it clears up an area, you experience another break out or two in that same area and/or breakouts in other areas, and repeat cycle. So the progress feels like a "one step forward, two steps backward, one step forward, two steps backward" type of deal. And it damages your skin in other ways (micro-cuts, etc). This product was specially formulated for your body, despite it briefly mentioning that you can use it for your "face and body". The instructions on the back of the bottle even read "Apply to dampened skin on the BODY". You are better off with a gentler solution for your face. I would recommend this product for your body ONLY, since it's not a BAD product per se, and would yield better results on your body ... since the skin on your body can handle it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is one of only 2 products from from the ProActive line that I would consider purchasing again. The other is the Green Tea moisturizer. Im 43 and have been plagued with oily skin and cystic acne since puberty. I used this instead of the wash from the 3 piece system as it is a more effective cleanser and exfoliant. The minty tingle is refreshing and it leaves the skin soft and smooth. It can be harsh on sensitive skin especially if you rub too aggressively. I've since moved away from the ProActive line altogether, but would consider using this again as an occassional scrub treatment or to alternate with my current line.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It broke me out badly!!!

When I started using this product my skin was not too bad...but after using this product my skin got very dry, it sort of burns and I started to have more acne in my cheeks =(

I can say I hate this product...it ruined my skin =(

Don't recommend it to anyone!

Eyes: Violet

I had a horrible breakout and within an hour it reduced it by 50%. I couldn't even believe it, this is the most amazing product ever! I was so pleased I went and bought the three-step system. It may be a little harsh, so I only use it when I have breakouts, and OMG it's incredible. You need to go guy this, seriously, get in your car and go buy this, it's the best face wash in the world!

Fabulous Fabulous!!!! Makes skin so smooth and tingly clean! (might not be so great for sensitive skin)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my daily cleanser I use for my face. The 3 step system all together doesn't work for my face, I've tried it and it makes me break out more but I have no idea why. My sister actually used this first and just the cleanser and she noticed it cleared her skin and I began to use it and it did help a great amount, now it's summer and I'm noticing more break outs, but other than that I think this aids in helping prevent them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a ok cleanser, but nothing special.....scrubs a little, but not good enough in my opinion....in some way it does not leave the skin feeling that clean as i would like....the skin just doesn't feel washed properly. It foams if you like, so it can become more "mild" if you like it like that.... i think this cleanser could suit oily skin maybe, but not mine acne prone skin..

wont buy it again,

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I generally use this on my back as i think it is too harsh for the face. Once in a blue moon I use a TINY amount to scrub my face.

Not outstanding results but okish.

This was okay, it makes my face feel clean but its a bit drying. A bit rough once u apply it to your face if you don't continue to add water to it. My face was super soft though after using this and it did help my acne. I've used better though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered a special kit online as I am a member and it also came with a body lotion. I sometimes use it in the evening during that time of the month. For my skin the regular proactiv cleanser works great, but this one seems to do the trick when i need something extra. I know you are probably not suppose to do this but when it is that time of the month I actually mix the 2 together. My boyfriend also likes this because it gives that tingle fresh feeling to your face which the regular cleanser does not do.