July 31, 2014 | 1904 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Advanced Time Complex Capsules

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My face loves these and my wallet hates them. should be 5 stars but I took away one star b/c of price. I noticed results almost immediately... within a couple of days my skin was 'almost' glowing and looked and felt so soft. I did use them day and night for a week straight to jumpstart my results, although I think you are only suppose to use them at night under moisturizer. I actually do look younger IMHO. I did not have alot of lines to begin with but my overall appearance has gotten softer. And to prove my point a man at least 15 years younger hit on me today which has not happened in years...LOL!!! I will be buying these again even if it means my children have to starve;-)!!!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is too greasy for oily skin people. I only used it in the winter nights and it still break me out. I gave this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure about it's anti-aging effects, but this complex really calms my very reactive and sensitive skin. When I break out I always use these capsules morning and evening after cleaning my skin to increase the reactivity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

(How happens I never reviewed this before?)
Well I am a believer! I ddiscovered this awesome product some 10 years ago. I was very reluctant at the time as I always had combo skin (w/a problematic T-zone) and I thought this was a treatment for "mature" skin.
At the time I had been given a sample pack good for 1 week, I recall being impressed as it NEVER broke me out and my skin was drinking this magical potion.
I bought a full size this time - jar of the little pink capsules and I am absolutely happy.
I use it in a 2 months cure (60 capsules, I use one each night) in winter, I still have combo skin but as I am a bit older now, my skin is benefitting even more from the EA Ceramide Capsules.
I wake up to a radiant, plump, baby soft skin. I love it!!
Don't be mislead by its apparent "greasyness": It has an oil base, but these are good oils that your skin will literally DRINK and will NOT sit on top.
You will be amazed at how good your skin will look.
I know this product has now been replaced by the "gold" version.
Not sure why they had to improve it (as the original EA Ceramide capsules are that good) but I will review separately in case I try that new version!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by buge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks scary because it's so oily, but it works! My skin feels soft in the morning and it only takes a few minutes for it to be absorbed. It doesn't sit on my skin like PC's super antioxidant concentrate. I love that it doesn't contain preservatives and that it's so hygienic. Too bad it's so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oooh, such an ugly way to package serum; but such a hygenic way as well!!! I really, really like this serum. I use it at night (when I'm not using my SK-II Repair C Serum) & find that 1 capsule glides on my face & neck & is quickly absorbed into my skin (which is really good as I have NC skin). I've bought this 4 times now from strawberrynet & will continue to do so as it's really good value when they have it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the pale pink squishy capsules in the clear plastic pull-apart container (now discontinued). The replacement capsules are gold in an off-white container with a gold-rimmed flip-top lid, renamed Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules Intensive Treatment for Face and Throat". Anyway onto my review for the original pink ceramide capsules.

I have very sensitive skin and cant use much skincare regularly. I normally use (fair trade, organic, cold-pressed, extra-virgin) olive oil or similar to cleanse and moisturise my face and thats great! It calms and normalises the oil and redness in my skin, is a protective barrier against wind/irritation ect, and is an excellent base that acts as a makeup primer (silcone free). A few pumps out of a dark glass bottle is quick, convenient and hygenic.

But! Liquid oil is too problematic to travel with, so I've found Elizabeth Arden's Time Complex Capsules are a good subsitute. Clean & easy, the closed capsules stay hygenically sealed until you're ready to use.
They have an almost perfect score of 2/10 on the Skin Deep cosmeticsdatabase.com safety database, meaning low hazard and great for my health and sensitive skin!! Thats amazing in a mainstream product. You only need one or two per day so you only need take away exactly how many you need. The product itself is a clear slippery serum packed full of silicones, which some people don't like (why? I've not heard reasons why we should avoid the "cones"), but it does give that slippery base perfect to fill in the wrinkles just like a makeup primer does so that foundation goes on more smoothly and "floats" over wrinkles without settling into lines. I've heard it referred to as "heavy duty polyfiller". It also has moisturising oils. You're supposed to apply moisturiser on after this, but as I have oily skin I just leave it unless I'm putting on makeup or sunblock. I have senstive skin but I've found these are fine, even near the senstive eye area and sides of nose. I think its because they're fragrance free, and most importantly preservative-free. They don't clog my pores with occasional use.

Finally, each portion is a perfect amount for the entire face AND throat area. So ladies, please don't "save" half for the next day. By that time its oxidising. And anyway, we don't want a gorgeously smooth face perched on top of a wrinkling neck. Please, use it all and moisturise French-style, ie from the top of your face all the way down to your throat and the top of your chest. The neck and decolletage is a gorgeous area deserving the same care as your face!

Ingredients:
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Squalane, Isostearic Acid, Sphingolipids, Ceramide 6, Retinyl Linoleate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Borage Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Hexadecanolide

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEFORE using this:

I thought I had very oily, acne-prone skin. I'd been using only hydrating moisturizer meant for oily skin(e.g. biotherm aquasource) prior to using this. My skin was always greasy and had pimples. On top of that, ever since I started using a Shiseido sunscreen, my skin started to become dry w/ lots of flakes and lots more pimples!!!!!!!!!!! So I figured I need to put on something heavier than some hydrating gel. I read good reviews on this, and because you can get this pretty cheap at Costco, I gave this a try.

The product:
I like capsules, it feels like the product is "fresher" and uncontaminated.
It looks like some sort of oil(not sure if it is) but it sinks in to the skin w/in a few minutes. The amount in the capsule seemed a bit too much to be used only for the face and neck, but all of it sinks in to the skin and does not feel greasy after that.
My skin feels moisturized, hydrated, and smooth, once the oil is all absorbed.

Flakes were gone after a few days of putting this on before sunscreen and removing the sunscreen well using cleansing oil. On days when I don't wear sunscreen(Shiseido sunscreen sucks up all oils from your face, so the skin looks really matte the whole time you have it on), I am NOT SHINY!!! AND the PIMPLES REDUCED!!!

Now whenever I go to beauty counter everyone tells me I have a combo to dry skin. I hope EA never ever discontinues this!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by lakebeyond

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does work on reducing the lines under my eyes. Actually, not until using the capsul for over a month in the winter time, I found out the fine lines are getting invisible. Plus, during the month, I went to bed definitelyI before 11pm. Either of them helps, I bet.

I am almost 28 and got severe dark circles and lines as I stayed up late for the past year. It is hard to figure out whether the lines are due to fatigue or aging though the manager of a drug mart told me that I am too young to start this line. But, so far, it is the only thing effective on the lines. Be honest, it does not help with the dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by muddlepup

i am in my mid forties , have combination skin and use a full ampule in the morning and every evening. I have been desperate to find something to slow down my aging process that has been picking up speed over the last few years and has excelerated over the past few months. now these little ampules are not miracle workers, I do however feel my skin tone is nicer and my skin has a nice flush to it, But i like this product most beacaue it feels good going on, Yes it greasy at first but your skin will DRINK it in (bought mine at Mrshalls for around $35) and if you can get a cup a coffee or watch a few minutes of tv, your skin will have completely absorbed every drop and you are ready for you sunscreen, makeup, or whatever you choose. i don't think my skin is any firmer .but it just feels nice applying it and i think my skin really likes it............