April 24, 2014 | 1018 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sshelton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The thing I don't like about this product is you can't truley exfoliate with an aha/bha product if it is not left on for the skin to absorb. The little grains in the product are the only thing that exfoliate and my understanding is that there really is very little AHA/BHA % in the product. So, if you really want to exfoliate look for something else that actually is product that is meant to be left on the face. I'm just glad I actually didn't pay anything for the product, it was a free sample travel size from Sephora when I placed an on line order.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Update: Over time (a few months) this really sensitized my already sensitive skin. I started using it every other day. Then cut back to twice a week. Then cut back to once a week. Now I can use it about once a month. If you have sensitive skin (not dry, but truly sensitive) just be wary of how frequently you use this.

Original review: So far, so good. I've been using this a week, which is usually long enough for me to be able to identify any sensitivity with products. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't irritated it or caused any breakouts.

In this past, I've used lactic acid peels, but even low concentrations cause me to have red splotches for days on my face (usually people have no visible signs of lactic peels, at all.) But in the past few months since I've stopped using the peels, my skin has gotten congested. I used a weekly clay mask during that time, but it didn't do enough.

I've been using this every other evening (instructions say 2-3 times per week, so that's about 3 times a week). I may cut back to twice a week, as my skin is slightly dry since starting this product.

Another plus is you should be able to get a travel size tube for $10 to try before you buy the $30 full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have deleted my old review of this product: here is my new review.
Background on skin: I have combo skin that is prone to sensitivity when I use too many products (minimal routines suit me well). I would describe my skin as kindof thin, prone to oiliness in the t-zone and dryness on my cheeks. I'm not particularly prone to congestion.

In the morning, I rinse with water. I use this product each night to remove my minimal face makeup (usually only consists of a light powder) and cleanse. I remove my eye makeup with Bioderma Crealine, I wouldn't suggest putting this too close to your eyes.

The formula is a foaming gel with little beads that are not abrasive. Doesn't have much of a smell.

Pros:
Removes my light makeup
Cleanses skin perfectly
Provides daily exfoliation, keeps my skin bright
Relatively cheap by Australian standards

Cons:
If the weather is particularly cold/windy, I have to alternate with another cleanser as this alone would dry me out.

Otherwise, no cons come to mind. This is a HG cleanser for me right now. I will say that if you are finding that this product is making you dry, consider how much product you are using. I use about two peas worth, any more and I find my skin gets irritated.

xxkarima

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

It has the potential but it contains SLS which it can be drying or cause issues such as acne or dehydrated skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by shimmygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay it's probably too early to say too much, but I've been using this product for 2 weeks now and can see a difference. I have acne scars and melasma so for me to notice a difference is saying alot. It's a very gentle formula, there are granules in the cleanser but they are also very gentle. A little goes a long way, I feel already that the price is not bad at all for the amount of the bottle and for how far it goes. My skin feels a little tight after use, but nothing uncomfortable or noticable to anyone but me and I don't have any drying or peeling, I just see the dark spots starting to lighten a bit. I also use Murad Lightener serum, so the combo has been great. I will be back in a few weeks for an updated review.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This isn't a harsh scrub. It has AHA and BHA which is essential to me. I can use it every day. It seems to balance out my skin. I didn't get this bottle brand new, I received it in a swap so I'm not quite sure if the results would have changed if I did in fact get in from a store. But the product does 1 out of the 2 things it says, it does improve skin tone, and if I use it for a long period of time maybe it will "polish away dullness and dehydraytion". I love Murad products and i continue too. simply because they work and don't promise a list of things that never happen....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Sta1cee

I got a 1 oz sample of this and am really impressed. For an exfoliator, it does just that...exfoliates your skin. It's not going to make your scars disappear or your skin turn into a unicorn baby but it does help scrub off the dead skin, get rid of the clogged pores, and make your skin glow. Unlike other exfoliators I've used in the past, it didn't dry out my skin or irritate it.
Overall, I really like this product and once I ran out, I'll definitely consider repurchasing. Since it's a scrub, I only use it 2-3 times a week so it looks like it's going to last me a long time.
As far as people complaining about clogged pores...make sure you use a good noncomedogenic moisturizer after exfoliating. It should help your skin out a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by HazelGrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this face scrub! Honestly, it makes my face positively GLOW. And after one use, the pores on my nose are completely empty. That never happens! I fight and fight with my nose, and I eventually end up having to squeeze it (gasp!) to get all the stuff out. This scrub isn't even marketed as a blackhead scrub, but damn, it rocks my world. Pricey, yes, but for something that works: Totally. Worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I want to update this review (just because I've had awesome results the past two months)! I rated this overall from a 4 to a 5. Even though I hate the price, the product works absolutely FANTASTIC for me. I actually stopped washing my face in the morning because I shower and only use this product at night (I double-cleanse to take off my makeup). So far, I've had literally no breakouts (except around that time of the month, and sometimes I don't even get anything). I never thought a simple routine would work this great. SO HAPPY!! Will repurchase as long as it's sold in stores.
___________________________________________
I never use to break out in high school, but in my early 20's I began suffering from persistent breakouts around my chin area. I have mainly lots of clogged pores which ALWAYS turn into huge white heads no matter what I do. Unfortunately, this has lead to some acne scarring. Needless to say, I've tried all different types of cleansers. and this one seems to do the trick. It has only been a little over a week but I'm seeing a few differences in my skin. I use to use a benzoyl peroxide wash- this dried out my skin SO much! Murad's cleanser makes my skin feel smooth and soft. I have seen my scars slowly diminishing and my skin brightening. The only cons about this product are that it's 1) expensive and 2) if you have clogged pores or suffer from whiteheads- this cleanser will bring those impurities to the surface (But i guess they have to get out anyway, right?.. Either way, I'm willing to suffer for a week or two).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by savyy

Although it was gentle enough for my sensitive skin--none of that tightness, dryness or redness I usually get from exfoliating washes, it was very pricy for a product that did nothing. I used it for a couple of months and saw now improvement. In fact, it seemed to worsen the tiny bumps on my jaw line and forehead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No