April 24, 2014 | 1353 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - High Impact Eyeshadow in Foxy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Pretty brown/silver/gray color that is great for everyday. It's nothing special, but I'll use it til I run out. I probably wouldn't buy it again since it's nothing special and probably overpriced. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 7:17:00 AM More reviews by aeresu

I received this as a GWP. I wasn't too keen on using it at first as purple/taupe/brown/silver shades seem to give me a black eye look. Perhaps my application technique has improved but when I finally tested it, I loved it! It blended well and manages to look natural enough with light application. I now wear it everyday to draw attention to my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this a *lot,* but not quite enough to give it a five. The color is wonderful: a medium cool taupe/brown, shot through with silver shimmer. It's nicely similar to my HG brown, MAC's "Coco" pigment, which is no longer on the market. My only complaint concerns the texture of "Foxy," which seems a bit grainy. It lacks the creamy-smooth opaque pigmentation for which MAC and UD shadows have spoiled me. Speaking of UD, their Deluxe Eyeshadow in "underground" is very similar to this, only, in my opinion, better.

Still, I like my GWP of "Foxy" enough to consider going for a full-size, since I(NW 15; brunette; green eyes) am hooked on cool brown eyeshadows.

SAD NOTE: As of March 2012, all Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Prescriptives items are “will not repurchase” for me, not matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the Estee Lauder company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and contract for such tests in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company’s brands, no matter how otherwise appealing their products are to me.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by gingerbcookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Abs my HG where anywhere anytime shadow. Very pretty silvery-taupe-y color with a very subtle shimmer. Sheer enough to wear for day but easily builds for a more intense night look. I have fair to beige skin with slight yellow undertone (fair skin asian) and the color looks great both with my natural dark brown eyes as well as with my colored contacts (soft focus grey-ish). Hope they never d/c!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I got this as a sample back in high school. I have been through 3 of these eye shadows in a few years! I use it everyday with pretty much every shadow i use. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by jossyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great go-to shade; adds enough emphasis to my eyes but still subtle enough for daytime. Silvery-taupe color, goes on sheer but buildable. I like pairing this with Smokey Brown quickliner - it really brings out my blue eyes. My only complaint is the pigmentation - I feel like I have to load the e/s brush with shadow to get it to show up on my lids. But the color is flattering enough to be worth it. (This is not a problem I have with all clinique shadows.) I would definitely repurchase (even though I heard a while back that it might be discontinued because it wasn't selling well.) Overall, great shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is now a color surge shadow. Foxy is a beautiful soft taupe shimmer. Retails for $13.50 and comes in the silver package. ITs a great shimmery taupe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice medium to dark brownish-silvery color. Good to wear lighter for work days. Trick- Try it wet, its really intense, but looks good for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by btopkaya

This is the only eye shadow that I could finish and buy again! It is so natural and wonderful. I usually wear this for work days. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 1:19:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received Foxy in a GWP, loved it, bought it. The packaging for the GWP is the boring green plastic, but it's good for travel/your purse. The packaging for the full-size is very nice, sleek and shiny but scratches easily. The eyeshadow itself is great for daytime wear (I like to update it for evening wear with the use of a smokey black/grey), a nice neutral brown with the tiniest bit of shimmer, complements brown eyes nicely, doesn't crease, and lasts all day.