October 1, 2014 | 1870 users online

Masks - Neutrogena - neutrogena fine fairness mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2006 2:45:00 AM More reviews by nicholefairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried both the deep hydrating and whitening mask. I Prefer the deep hyrating one as it does it's job of moisturizing well but as for the whitening mask, it kinda stings my face and seems too strong for me. People with sensitive skin should steer clear of the whitening one

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by hazzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought neutrogena fine fairness hydrating mask just to see if the effects from other users prove effective for me. hmmmm... after 1 usage, my conclusion is ok. i get small breakouts from using the mask though. not sure whether it is too strong for me or wat...however, i will give it a second chance and finish my whole pack of the masks. see how it goes... if not, i shall try the whitening ones instead. keeping my fingers cross...!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2005 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kazay

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this! easy to use mask! whitens my acne scars, evens out my skin tone & skin looks sooo moist aft removing the mask. But I find it a bit expensive -SGD29.90 for one box of 5 masks. still it is worth the money. My 3rd box now...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by mrschee

Valued for money. I can see instant result using this hydrating sheet mask. Very relaxing especially i pre-chilled the mask. I use twice a week and my face hasn't look better. All i do is place it 15 mins on my face and relax. The result is glowing skin and it's so lasting. This mask really do what it claims. I can skip the toner and moisturiser right after. I've tried the whitening mask but im allergic to it so i'll just stick to this.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2005 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Lizzie00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I been using this for two months and I liked it alot. Sadly they do not sell it in the United States so I had to get friends to buy it for me in Asia. It cost them like SGP25 bucks for 5 pieces of mask which is like USD15 for 5 masks. I consider this quite cheap and I use it weekly. But so far it only hydrates the face for me and I normally put in on my face when I go to sleep at night.
But nothing to complain since its cheap and does not breakup my combi oily skin. Will definitely repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2005 7:09:00 AM More reviews by lollip0p

Overall

I really love this product! I can't find this at my local (white) grocery/beauty stores, so I'd have to find this in asian malls. It's really hard for me to find the Neutrogena brand for asia so was surprised they made these whitening masks. I've NEVER used a cloth mask so I have no comparison with other asian brands, but was really pleased with this product.

I've also never used any of the "whitening" products by Kose/kanebo/shiseido/sekkai/etc. so I don't know what they mean by it. What I can tell you is that for my oily-combo/acne prone skin, it did NOT break me out. I was relieved because I'm always worried about trying new products for my skin.

I mainly bought this because the lady said it's suppose to lighten/remove the acne scars. Sadly, I have a lot of those dark-pigmented acne scars on my cheeks and chin, so I was desperate to try something to help fade them. It did help lighten the pigment but only for 2 days, afterwards the darkness still returns. However, I did like how after taking it off, this mask made my face very hydrated, smooth, and clear-looking. My face had this "glow" that wasn't greasy looking but more healthy looking.

I am on Proactiv but I find after a year, it's really done nothing for my skin to prevent acne or heal/fade my scars. I really disliked their Refining Mask because it made me break out. It was hard for me to wash it off entirely as I use their Toner, and would still find that clay-beigey colour on my cottonballs! In fact, I think it clogged my pores.

Anyways, I love this product. This mask states it has vitamin c so it really made my skin looker prettier. ^_^ I also liked how their was NO FRAGRANGE/SMELL when you put the mask on. I guess I have sensitive skin/eyes/nose because anything that has fragrance makes my eyes all watery and nose runny. The Proactiv Repairing Lotion has fragrance, so I do my best to keep this away underneath my nose and eye-area. I get zits in my eyebrows... =(

Price

I paid $40 CDN (including tax) for a box that has 5 masks. I use a mask once a week or if very stressed, twice maximum. Since I'm poor, I think this is really expensive but think it's worth the price. I'm used to buying the North American products which can be found at grocery stores - under $30 CDN.

Packaging

The packaging is excellent. Each mask is individually wrapped which is convenient. The mask is drenched in the liquid of the soft cloth. It will probably be convenient for those who travel but since I don't, it's still useful.

Purchase again

Aside from the price, yes, I would buy this again. Mostly because it did not break me out and made my skin more hydrated with a healthy glow. If there is a similar product out there for a better price, please let me know! ^_^ Kose can be found at a few stores here in Toronto and the price is much more affordable. Still, I was hesistant to try their masks because I have no idea which one to get (there are soo many colours) and am worried it will cause me more break outs.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by eggtarts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i was shocked to find out that the mask is actually cloth soaked in liquid. i found it a bit hard to use -- you have to be careful in unfolding and putting it on your face. anyway, i think the mask was blah. a bit so-so. no noticeable "glow" but i reckon it did help with my skin's hydration. i've been needing some exfoliation (st. ives apricot scrub apparently didn't work too well) and the following morning after using the fine fairness mask, it was easy to "massage" my face. i saw the "dirt" or dead skin come off! now powder application is better since the dead skin is diminished. i'm not sure how big a factor the mask was though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sflim

I've been using this mask for several months now. I would say that it works for tanned skin, I do see an effect after catching a tan during my holiday in Thailand. Otherwise, it does nothing for my present skin tone, which is still a tad darker on my face than on my neck. All it does is to deliver good hydration.
I've tried Kanebo Freshel C mask and that works a lot better. Although it is less moisturizing, it has a better sustained whitening power, and makes my skin pores appear smaller too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2005 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sleepyhead

I have used around 2 boxes of Neutrogena Deep Whitening Mask these days with the hope to fade the remaining acne marks on my face. (I would try ANY product to achieve this goal!) When I first purchased it, I did not place high hopes on it since many whitening masks can only brighten the complexion for a day or two. But for this time, I was pleasantly surprised: after using a few packs, I found my acne marks becoming less and less obvious. In the mean time, I've been using Lancome's spot corrector these days. I guess the combination of these two product really triples their individual effects.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2005 8:53:00 AM More reviews by arghhh

i bought the deep whitening version of the fine fairness mask and it was very disappointing. after removing the mask, i did not experience any bit of lightening on my face. it was not that moisturising as the sides of my nose started to peel after a few days. i had previously tried the older version of the fine fairness mask and i felt it was better. futhermore neutrogena is selling this deep whitening version for more. it did not whiten for me and i will not purchase it again. what a waste of money!