Cover Girl Clean Make Up

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Let's get to the point: this product is great. The actual product. Now the packaging...that's another story.

I got this foundation for Halloween in the second to lightest shade I believe, I wanted porcelain skin for my costume. However, I didn't pack it with my makeup and wasn't able to use it for the occasion, so I figured I'd just try it for everyday use. It's a wonderful match to my skin tone, I'd say as close to perfect as you can get. If you're on the lighter side of the skin tone spectrum I think you'll be able to find a shade for yourself.

Now, the glass bottle: no. The packaging is cute and compact, in that unique Cover Girl shape. But the foundation does not easily come out. I think it's because the glass is so thick that the product has a tough time getting to room temperature, so it just stays colder and harder to come out. Just shake it a lot, or pull some of the product out with a q-tip (though that's kind of a hasty use of q-tips that could probbbbably be put to better use).

It's a great coverage that feels absolutely natural and stays on well (that is after using primer, then setting it with a setting mist). I use a stippling brush or a fluffy face brush (one typically used for powder) to apply this. It blends easily!

I would recommend this for everyday use. The product itself is great, it's the fact that it's timely to get out.

on 10/1/2011 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I just purchased this recently after using the Covergirl Trublend makeup for a few months... that product was a little bit cakey looking so I decided to try this one out because I am on a budget.

At first I was really annoyed with the way the product "dispenses" or in actuality, doesn't dispense. It is hard to get the product out of the bottle HOWEVER I found out that the size of the opening is the same size as the Trublend foundation and the pump fits in perfectly. So I recommend transferring the pump from your Trublend to the Clean if it really bugs you... this way you can use every drop of foundation in the bottle easily.

It has an odd smell (sort of floral) but its not that big of a deal to me.

I really like the look of this foundation. It matches my skin tone (510 Classic Ivory), leaves a nice finish to my skin and doesn't look like I am wearing makeup. Will probably buy a couple of backup bottles just in case this stuff gets discontinued (which I hope it doesn't).

Edit:
Over time I have moved on to other things... I won't be purchasing this item anymore for myself... however I think it may still be good for some people.

on 8/28/2011 1:08:00 PM

This makeup is horrible! It highlights any imperfections (acne) and it looks cakey (even when just a little is applied). I purchased this foundation for about $5 the price was reasonable for a drugstore foundation, but the quality was a no no .The packaging... wow just horrible, i tried to get a tiny amount out and the whole thing came pouring out :/ An just to top it all off, i got 2 huge pimples on my forehead after just 3 uses. :/

on 7/18/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutly despise this product! it is horrible. I am very disappointed in covergirl, this foundation is way too cakey. In the middle of the day my face gets so shiny its disgusting! after a few days of wearing this i had 4 new pimples on my face!! the packagin sucks it has no pump so sometimes i accidently used too much. Overall this sucks I dont think anyone should use this because its cheap.

on 7/16/2011 11:32:00 PM

Honestly, i hated it. Colour match was horrible, wore off after a few hours, cakey, highlighted acne/dry spot on face. However, it was cheap. But the price and the quality was not worth another re-purchase. :/

on 6/4/2011 10:02:00 AM

QUESTION have they changed their formula from about 6 years ago? I find this product is different and don't like the change. I have used Cover Girl since I was a teenager (now in late 40s). I don't find this as good and I have yes.... and totally sad about this ...had to switch from being a total Cover Girl to another brand of make up. This product goes on powdery and it is hard to get an even coverage without making your face look like you have a ton of powdery stuff on it. It goes on like a cream but comes out like a powder effect and shows every pore and it doesn't go on as smooth as it used to. I really liked the old noxzema smell that it used to have and now it has the terrible smell. It is just not the same, so if sales are down, this is why!!!

on 5/25/2011 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i found this in the pound shop lol it's so hard to find cover girl products any where in the uk so i thought i would give it a try. so far i really like this product it gives great coverage and it didn't cake up even tho i used a lot of it. the problem i have with this product is it as no pump so it's very hard to control how much your using.........i wanted to tip a little product on the back of my hand but i ended up tipping half the bottle out thank god it was only a pound. i also dislike the smell

on 5/16/2011 1:45:00 AM

I would like to give this product a great rating, as it has amazing coverage when applied using a stippling brush. However, it gave me a very bad rash under and above my eyes that I am still trying to get rid of after a week! If you have sensitive skin, do not purchase this foundation! Even if you don't have sensitive skin, it would be best to do a test patch to be sure you aren't going to have issues in the future with it, as I have normal skin and have never had a rash from a foundation.

on 4/21/2011 10:13:00 AM

I got this in my local pound shop in the shade natural ivory.It looked light enough in the bottle but its actually too dark and very orangey.But what I hated the most was the awful smell.Its so strong and lingers forever,also made my eyes smart and water.Wont use it again and deff wouldnt ever buy it again.

on 4/14/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This had been discontinued and is replaced by new clean makeup. i really liked this formula and i just tried the new one. something's different but the new formula is also great. it hides m blemishes but makes my face look so natural since it's more like a moisturizer .