Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

3.5

Water Purified, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrances

on 4/30/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This toner was very harsh and dried out my skin. Felt like my face was wrapped in cling wrap. I have very large noticeable pores near my nose and on my cheeks, thought this would "refine" my pores...Nope. The next day, there were small acne bumps on my cheeks and forehead..I've heard that it takes time for your skin to adjust to new products, so I stuck with it for another week. My skin only got worse. So I had to pour the whole thing down the drain. Never touching this toner again. Not for me.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love neutrogena products, but, as far as helping with pore size, didn't do nothing, in fact my pores are bigger than ever...

on 3/11/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I always have a hard time finding a toner that I actually like, I have tried many other Brands, including the Dickinsons witch hazel pore perfecting toner, which I hated, because it stank and was unbearable. After throwing away my witch hazel I went and bought this, as I'm a huge fan of Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes, as well as their Acne Stress Control Toner and enjoyed it.

The first time I used this product, it didn't sting my face, I do use a toner twice a day because of my combination skin, once in the morning, then once at night to help with foundation/concealer removal. After using it for a couple of days, it did begin to sting, and I noticed it was very drying. It did make my pores smaller in appearance, however, even after applying moisturizer and primer to my face, my foundation refuses to go on evenly after using this product. I use The Smashbox Toner to even out red skin, as well as Urban Decays Naked Skin and Naked Concealer. They are high end brands, I paid a lot for them, and haven't had problems until I started Using this.

Bottom line, this product isn't great, it does, however smell pleasant, I use it only once a day now at night before applying my Jergens Cold Cream to rehydrate my skin while I sleep. I would recommend it to someone who has nicer skin to start with, as it may help you, however, it didn't help me at all.

I will not be re-purchasing.

on 3/1/2014 10:31:00 PM

Despite being unable to use this product in my teens and early 20's, I decided to give it another try now years later..and to my surprise it is wonderful! The alcohol and AHA's were far too harsh for my sensitive acne prone skin 10 or 20 years ago, but now I am in love with this product! Love how my skin feels tighter and pores are noticeably smaller! I am so pleased that I decided to try this product once again!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an ok toner! When I'm out, I will probably purchase others to try them but still would like to use this one too. I've been using it since the summer, so going on at least 6 months now. I still have half of the bottle & I use it every night after my Clarisonic. I haven't noticed it drying my skin out at all. I have oily to combo skin. When I started using this in the summer months(when I'm more oily), I did notice that it helped control my oil some. I haven't noticed a difference in my pores at all but after I use it my skin does feel nice & smooth. This is definitely a nice toner & very reasonably priced!

on 12/13/2013 1:49:00 AM

This toner dried out my skin badly, and after a week had me if breaking out terribly. In the case of a toner I'm looking for something much more gentle. This toner was very harsh

on 11/19/2013 4:40:00 AM

update,the toner works fine, i only use it on my forehead and nose. i poured it out into a travel sized bottle and after a day or 2, they are salt crystals along the opening pour spout are. i guess the sodium content is really high? i think its weird as ive never seen jt before

on 11/9/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice product. I wanted to buy the Alcohol Free Toner but the shop I was at ran out if it, so i bought this one instead. I was worried that the acids content would sting my sensitive dry face, but it never did so far, it is very gentle and refreshing. I use this only night and when I wake up in the morning my skin is looking fresh and glowy, not sure if it is thanks to this toner particularly but so far my regime is working well for me.
Only complaint I have about this toner is that it doesn't apply smoothly, I feel like i am dragging the cotton across my face.

This isn't horrible, but I cannot recommend it.

-1- The concentration of acids seems very weak. I realize it's an OTC product available from any drugstore, but still. All you feel is the alcohol going to work - not the glycolic acid or SA.
-2- I am fine with some alcohol in products, but I feel this one has a bit too much unless you're quite oily or are specifically looking for a toner that will assist in the cleansing process.
-3- It didn't help with my acne, and my sense is it might have made it worse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! Definitely will be buying again!