April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by tan612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm surprised. Usually most of the toner feels very dry on my skin, but this toner is really very soft. I absolutely love this toner. This controls oil, and decreases pore size. I have large pores. it helps to control my pore size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this. It has a alpha and beta hydroxy;which translates to glycolic and salicylic acids. This is working ok for me. I like using a toner. It helps me to know for sure that I have removed all traces of makeup. My skin is dry in the winter, but right now it is normal, so this isn't too drying for me right now. After I use this, it seems my skin takes in my moisturizer better.
So far I am satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too drying. I have oily/acne prone skin and this dried it up to a point where I started to break out. However, I would recommend this for spot treatments, because with the enormous amount of alcohol in this it really helps with disinfecting and drying up a zit. What I do is rip off the plug of a zit - don't pop - and soak up a cotton ball with this stuff and hold it over the zit for about five minutes, rewetting it with the toner every minute or so. Then after the toner has dried I apply some Clean and Clear Persagel 5 on top (benzoyl peroxide cream). The next day, the zit is significantly reduced. For it's actual purpose though, it's not good for putting all over your face on a daily basis. And seeing as my acne is clearing up due to other fabulous products, I probably won't need this so badly in the future, so I will not be repurchasing once I've finished the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by pekemeso

I accidentally bought this toner at Walmart, but this was not so bad.Actually my skin looked healthy after I finished it. It contains alcohol,so it sting my skin. And it will dry really quick.sometimes it too much dry up. I'll not recommend this for someone who has sensitive skin. Definitely it going to be painful. Normal to Oily skin are probably okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by virgochild101

I am very picky when comes to alot of things especially skin care since I do have acne prone skin, so shopping for facial products at drugstores can be very cumbersome. However, this product is one of the best drugstore brand toners I've used and I am quite pleased with my results. (1) This product contains glycolic acid, which is a difficult ingredient to find in most drugstore brands. Glycolic acid works well for me when treating acne, it dries out existing acne lesions reducing recovery time and it gives my skin a luminous glow that I haven't had in a long time. (2) Although it contains glycolic and salicylic acid it doesn't irritate my acne. Overall I'm pleased with this product and will keep it in my arsenal. If you have dry, sensitive skin or suffer from rosacea I would not recommend this product. It also contains alcohol, so if you don't like toners with this ingredient I wouldn't recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by stefers713

Can I give it a 3.5?

The fact is that this toner does TONE and work well and couples with its ability to keep your skin more clear. In addition it does make your pores smaller as advertised.

However, it doesn't make a huge difference when it comes to the size of the pores as I would like it to. Pig pores are inherent in my family.

So I will be on a search for one that works a little better, if not this one will do as it is the best one I have used so far...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

no. not good sent back

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nasnli

This is my first bottle of this product, I am about halfway through and so far,\ I like it a lot and do plan to repurchase. I've been using the 'teen' marketed acne toners for years but at 25 I figure it's time to try something else. I am glad I did. As opposed to other toners I have used it is more effective at clearing my skin and less drying. Good and good. I have noticed my skin to be a little clearer, and since one of the the ingredients is aloe vera extract I find it doesn't strip all the moisture from my skin the way clean n clear did.. oops.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I found something that actually works! For months now I've been trying to find anything that would help my gigantic pores. I spent tons of money on high end products that did nothing for me. I ran out of my regular toner and saw this when I was at the store. I really didn't expect this stuff to help, but I figure it couldn't hurt. Literally two days later my skin looks flawless. My pores have have shrunk so much just from using this once a day. Now that I know it actually works, I'm going to start using it twice a day, especially since it's so cheap I don't have to feel like I need to make it last a long time. Honestly though, I would be willing to pay 5x as much for this now that I know how well it works.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by riama

It was too strong for my face ... it burned sometimes after I pat my face with a cotton pad that had a few drops of the solution. I just started to use it near my collarbone and low neck area for an extra clean, especially when I'm wearing white collar shirts. On my neck or face, it was strong. Now trying the alcohol free neutrogena solution!