August 1, 2014 | 1336 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by 1kimchan

it works!
burns a little -- and made my face slightly red .
i have sensitive skin. BUt i feel like the alcohol may help me kill/ get rid of little bumps/mini pimples.

i keep using it, because it may help clear up my skin. We'll see if my breakouts are less after consistent use of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by nefertina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good toner. I was in search for a new toner/astringent since I was using the clean and clear one which BURNED my skin. This toner feels good on the skin and doesn't leave if feeling dry OR oily. Definitely recommend this product for acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Despite the protests from the eco warrior sitting on my shoulder, this toner is really working for my skin. I used to wake up to new blemishes every morning and would also develop them throughout the day but this has completely cleared them away. I still have blackheads on my nose, which are stubborn as muck anyway, but this at least helps to really loosen them up and make them easier to extract.

My skin is now as smooth as marble and also looks a lot more refined due to the glycolic acid and I have been able to cut down on foundation and concealer. This has also controlled oil; before this my face was oily after only a couple of hours, with and without makeup, but now I can go all day without blotting or powdering!

I've knocked a star off the rating because I'm concerned about some of the ingredients in there, I'm usually extremely careful and using this is breaking some of my non-toxic rules!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this toner. It is not too drying, which is very important to me. I don't think its done much for pore size. But it makes my face feel nice and clean without drying it out. I'm about to run out of my first bottle and will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

I'm VERY surprised on the negative reviews, so sorry for those who got the bad side effects from this, but tbh i love this thing!
my face is less oilier but still moist and hydrated. i have had dried out skin from only 2% salicylic acid before and i guess it was because i didn't balance it with moisturizer, so this time i actually put on moisturizer instead of just leaving it be, and it works perfectly :)
price is pretty good for the quantity and the quality so I'm pretty happy about this :D

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not use if you are using BP, salicylic acid or glycolic acid/AHA or tretinion etc. anything that stimulates skin peeling. it STINGS. The fragrance was so strong, that alone made me decide to return it to the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cat3542

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ouch! Talk about dry, and irritated skin after using this product! I was very hopeful and expecting of this toner to do as advertised--wrong! Not only did it cause me to break out, my skin developed an awful rash which made my chin area extremely red and my forehead ridiculously oily! If you have acne-prone and very oily skin such as myself, steer away from this toner and try something which is alcohol-free. For example, Clinique's "Mild" Clarifying lotion, not numbers 1-4 of their infamous 3 step system. I love Neutrogena, but this was just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by tan612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm surprised. Usually most of the toner feels very dry on my skin, but this toner is really very soft. I absolutely love this toner. This controls oil, and decreases pore size. I have large pores. it helps to control my pore size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this. It has a alpha and beta hydroxy;which translates to glycolic and salicylic acids. This is working ok for me. I like using a toner. It helps me to know for sure that I have removed all traces of makeup. My skin is dry in the winter, but right now it is normal, so this isn't too drying for me right now. After I use this, it seems my skin takes in my moisturizer better.
So far I am satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too drying. I have oily/acne prone skin and this dried it up to a point where I started to break out. However, I would recommend this for spot treatments, because with the enormous amount of alcohol in this it really helps with disinfecting and drying up a zit. What I do is rip off the plug of a zit - don't pop - and soak up a cotton ball with this stuff and hold it over the zit for about five minutes, rewetting it with the toner every minute or so. Then after the toner has dried I apply some Clean and Clear Persagel 5 on top (benzoyl peroxide cream). The next day, the zit is significantly reduced. For it's actual purpose though, it's not good for putting all over your face on a daily basis. And seeing as my acne is clearing up due to other fabulous products, I probably won't need this so badly in the future, so I will not be repurchasing once I've finished the bottle.