September 2, 2014 | 1043 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Baby Grace

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

Bleck! This is one of the nastiest smelling perfumes I have ever smelt'. I was excited to try Philosophy line because everyone said they were soft and clean - gross! this one is the farthest you could get from clean! It does smell like a baby! Like baby wipes mixed w/ a baby's poo after it ate a lot fruit or something! lol sorry but its true. I can't really describe it - a sweet (very very sweet) soap? smell. I dunno, but its gross. For soapy/clean fragrance fans DON'T buy unsmelled.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i get the baby because that is what this makes me smell like...an adult wearing a diaper. at my age it makes me feel alittle stupid to wear. thankfully there is no lasting power. after one use i passed this on to my daughter as one of her first fragrances. i feel it is great for a young girl but not a woman. all of philosophy's fragrances are cheaply made and way over priced. dont waste your money. use baby powder instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this scent. All of the Philosophy scents are light and when they dry down, they smell different. The scents do not last all day, even with layering. I read that this one smelled like a baby. I don't know why an adult would want to smell like a baby. But, I sprayed it on, and initially, it smelled like cut grass to me. Which is very green smelling. Then, as the scent dried and settled a bit, it did smell very comforting and soft to me with a touch of powdery. But I kept coming back to it and smelling it because it just smelled so darn good and made me feel really comforted. I think this is my favorite scent so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by wscbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst of all the Graces, it smells like baby rash cream to me, I don't care how many people think it doesn't. I wanted to like it so much, but that initial oily smell just made me sick. I was so thankful I bought it from a place that I could take it back to.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Joci22972

I absolutely love this fragrance! I tried the body wash in 2005 and was hooked! I now have the lotion, body wash/shampoo, and perfume oil roll on. The lotion is a very nice quality, smooth, silky, and moisturizing.. the shampoo/bodywash is superiour quality also - moisturizing lathering and retains the scent forever, the perfume oil is something I had to order from QVC (couldn't even find it on the Philosophy Website). The oil is super long lasting.. wonderful!

Okay, now for the scent : It is the most unique fragrance ever! A touch of baby power (Baby Magic type) smell, a very slight grassy undertone, just unique and invokes a sense of nostalgia. You must give this a sniff whenever you have a chance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this at a new Sephora's opening. I had seen the various qvc spots with the Philosopy products and now had a chance to smell the fragrances in person. They were all very nice but this one Baby Grace stood out and I kept returning to re-smell it. To say that it smells like a baby is a little misleading. To me, it is a soft, gentle, powdery fragrance. With my body chemistry, the violet note does come forth, which I have grown to love. It has an innocence and is non-obtrusive.
I will also say that it is one of those fragrances which will haunt you, scent-wise. Another plus is, that men like it. Last week as I was walking down the street and passed a neighbor's front yard where they were having landscaping down, one of the workers called out. What's that smell. At first, I didn't pay attention thinking that he wasn't talking to this old lady (me). He sincerely wanted to know the name of the fragrance and had noticed it twice-the first time when I passed by and then the second when I returned. So, ladies, if you want to be noticed twice-try this beautiful indescribable scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by brittany23

i just love and adore this scent! i like perfumes that arent 'perfumy' meaning strong, gives ya a headache-you know the deal. this is completely opposite, smells sooo nice and even seems comforting and makes me feel happy. i know that may sound weird but it really does, and the smell really is exactly like a baby...so fresh and nice! would highly recommend to all the ladies that dont like 'perfumy' perfume! haha :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by kanw33

I love philosophy products! I use pure grace and amazing grace on a regular basis and love them so I ordered the Try Me set of this...very disappointed!! It smells like diaper rash lotion and will be going back. I sprayed some this morning (just got it yesterday) and everytime I get a whiff from my shirt it makes me sick to stomach! Try some of the other graces...they are fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Comforting baby smell fragrance- sometimes, it's what we need ! Gorgeous really, fluffy blanket and sweet skin smell ,snuggly - thi si waht comes to mind. I love it ! Smells bit like Mom and Baby water by L'Occitanne but longer lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by nordhimmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Most of my favorite fragrances are orientals, gormands and anything with a woodsy, patchouli or chypre note, so I usually wouldn't be caught dead in something supposed to be 'for women who want to smell like a baby.' What is that supposed to mean, anyway? My stand bys were feeling too heavy and cumbersome lately so I decided to try this one. Spring is also coming and I like to mix it up once the weather gets warmer. This was surprisingly good, although its pretty simple on me, as the honeysuckle note dominates. There is also a lilac note in there, a slight hint of violet and even a bit of fresh cut green grass. It's a pleasant combination that is not meant to be showy, let alone sexy. It reminds me of pure springtime sunshine, with flowers blooming, robins hopping, and little pools of water here and there. This also reminds me somewhat of Bulgari Petits et Mamans, which is also very light, floral and fresh. Another comparison is Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass, although BG is not as heavy and has no lavendar in it that I can sense. Get this if you want something simple, breezy and as unfussy as a perfume can be. Ignore the hokey marketing and this is a great choice for this time of year.