December 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by danielle616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this primer! My makeup lasts for hours and doesn't even move!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TacoCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a deluxe sample and have been using it for about two weeks with MAC Face and Body foundation. Normally foundations will collect in my naso-labial fold (the crease between the side of my nostril and my cheek), and I hadn't found any product that would prevent this until now.

The scent is mildly floral and dissipates quickly. I am sensitive to fragrance (many give me a headache), but this had no effect. The texture is a medium gel-like but slightly creamy consistency, and once it's rubbed in it disappears. It applies well over moisturizer and sunscreen, without balling up. For reference, I always wait until my sunscreen has absorbed before using primer.

At first I didn't think this primer was doing anything. I rubbed it into my skin, and it disappeared, which is so unlike every other primer I've used. My foundation went on smoothly, but no different from any other primer I've used. Only after a couple of hours did I realize that my foundation wasn't creasing next to my nose. I forgot to apply it this morning, and within an hour my foundation had already creased. For that alone, I will purchase a full size.

I'm extremely oily, so I didn't expect oil control. This didn't control oil much, but I did notice that when I blotted not as much foundation is transferred to my blotting tissue. This primer helps to keep foundation from sliding off my face. If it had discernible oil control, I would have given it five lippies.

It's a bit expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. I think the full size will provide a decent value.

Finally, I would prefer a pump dispenser rather than a squeeze tube, though I do like the aesthetic of the packaging. It's clean and simple, which is appealing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by sroben

I'd never used foundation primers before, but I had always heard good things about the Laura Mercier primers. I was hoping to purchase the oil-free primer for my t-zone, but my local Sephora was out and I settled for the general foundation primer.

This is an okay product. I've been using it for about two weeks now, and I put it on my face after I moisturize it, but I haven't seen any dramatic improvements. My foundation does apply a little bit smoother and stays for a little longer than it used to, but it isn't a lasting primer.

I was hoping for better results after I bought it for $32, but I'll try the oil-free one and see if it makes any difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't remember what version I got of this, so I am entering my review in the general primer by Laura Mercier. The one I got was in a squeeze tube and the product was white... it came out more like a cream/lotion than a gel. I tried this on a few times and I didn't find it did ANYTHING. It didn't make my makeup last longer, go on more smoothly, look better, nothing. This was recommended by a former friend of mine and I have to say...with the price tag it has, i expected much much more from this product. I returned it after a couple tries. Will stick to my Hard Candy sheer envy primer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm looking for a primer for my wedding, and when you mention primer, its either Laura Mercier or Smashbox as top choices. I am not a fan of either. The Laura Mercier regular primer is like a light cream without the moisturizing properties. I did not find it to do anything a primer is supposed to do, like make foundation last longer or make the skin a better canvas for foundation. It just feels like it sank into my skin and disappeared. This is going back.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I bought this product along with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer at Sephora for 52 SGD. At first, I do hope that this product could end my journey of searching a really good primer for my complexion, but I was wrong. It did nothing to my skin. It doesn't make my foundation last. It doesn't make my foundation go smoother. It did nothing. Now I'm kinda regret with my purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Urgh! Not at all a good primer for my skin ( dehydrated/dry), nor did it make any difference whatsoever to the staying power of my foundation. The effect I achieved with this primer? Supremely dull, lackluster skin. It made me look older...which really is NOT something I am aiming for. Granted, one could rectify this "dull skin" effect with a myriad of strategic highlighters and shimmer products...but why would one want to???
I like many of LM's products, but this item surely is an overpriced oddity. I gave it 2 lippies for the container - I find tubes easier and more economical to use than pump dispensers yet just as hygienic.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Lucinda101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the full sized version of this product on the recommendation of an SA in Space NK and really wish I hadn't wasted my money on it. My issues were twofold, firstly I found that it seemed to make no difference to the appearance or longevity of my foundation and I tried it with 3 different foundations (2 YSL and 1 Chanel)). Secondly, unfortunately it broke me out horribly with half a dozen or more angry red spots popping up within a couple of days of use, after I stopped using it my skin went back to normal so I'm quite sure this was to blame.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite primer. I had a deluxe sample, at at first, I hated it. I thought it made my skin feel tacky and full of residue, but after I let it settle, it eventually felt smooth and flawless. This was a great base to any foundation. I don't know if it helped with longevity, but it really helped with the evenness of my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

I hate this primer. This does nothing for your skin at all. And the packaging sucks.
Save your money and time, id rather use no primer than put more layer on my skin that doesnt do any good