April 16, 2014 | 874 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Extra Volume Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by pke1990

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ordinary shampoo, but smells great. Nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

I was pleased with this product, but I think somehow they've changed the formula since it came out. It used to pump my thin grease prone hair right up.... Now I have to use other products in addition to this. I probably wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jamieyi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have really fine thin hair so I needed a product to give me some volume and this worked great. I took off one point cause it doesn't leave you're hair soft and smooth. Other than that it's a great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have fine, thin blonde hair so I'm always looking to try volumizing this or volumizing that. This is an okay shampoo, and an average volumizer. It has no smell and is sort of medium texture, medium suds, medium volumizing, medium everything. As someone who has tried many, many volumizing products, here's my advice. Half of the volumizing shampoos I've tried have the opposite effect-they "volumize" by depositing lots of junk in your hair that stays in and eventually builds up in your hair, weighing it down and making it even more flat and lifeless than it was before. The other half of volumizing shampoos use the "drying" strategy-they strip hair of product build-up or excess oil, making it fluffier. That kind (sometimes called a "clarifying" shampoo) almost always works better. I'm going to recommend to you ladies looking for volume, that you try a clarifying shampoo. I've found that clarifying shampoos actually do what they claim much of the time, and stripping your hair of product always makes it look fuller, while depositing "volumizers" often works temporarily or not at all. I'm currently using a strategy of volumzing shampoo + clarifying shampoo and switching between the two, which will give ANY volumizing product much better results. Good luck ladies!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by hellomynameis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like this shampoo. I still have half a bottle left and I refuse to use the rest! I have fairly healthy hair, but this product is very drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by CreativeWit

When I first purchased the Dove Extra Volume Shampoo & Conditioners, it was great. My hair had extra volume and was soft. But then, after using one bottle or so, it stopped working. No volume. Fine and flat. My hair is highlighted blonde, superfine, thin naturally curly that I tame wavy / straight. I am trying something else now because I have ended up with flat lifeless hair. Darn!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by pigface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good- the best volumizing shampoo I've tried, and gives other benfits as well, like high shine and softness. However, I took one lip off because after about a month of using it, it kind of...stopped working for my hair. I don't know how to explain this, but it just didn't work as well. So now I'm left to search for another volumizing shampoo ) ;

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2006 8:33:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After Dove updated the formulas and packaging of their products, I've been in love. This shampoo is great - gives my fine, thin hair considerable body & bounce, makes it extremely soft & shiny, and does not make it feel stripped of natural oils. I have repurchased numerous times, and will continue to do so. Plus, you can't beat the price. I can get this on sale every once in a while for as cheap as $3 CDN. I love it. Try it!
* UPDATE 16/06/10 - I no longer use this. When I started color-treating my hair, I switched to salon brands, and realized Dove isn't all that fantastic. It's probably alright if your hair isn't too problematic. I now use Pureology Hydrate which is perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by SophieKitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Since it seems as though Dove is no longer selling their "volumizing color" shampoo, which worked quite well for me, I thought I'd give "extra volume" a go. If I had reviewed it the first week, I would have given it five lippies. My hair was clean and surprisingly bouncy. (My hair is fine, but I have a LOT of it. It can look extremely flat or ridiculously big/full.)

Anyway, after about a week, my hair was getting weighed down, and I had an itchy scalp. I have never experienced that, and my skin is FAR from sensitive. I've been off this crap for about a week and a half, but I'm still suffering from periodic itchies. It's still driving me nuts, and I have "extra volume" to thank. The results were great at first, but watch out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 1:08:00 PM More reviews by leila12

I've tried every shampoo out there; drugstore, highend..and nothing has come close to Dove shampoo in terms of volume and cleanliness. I've been using this for the last year and a half and am as happy as I was the first time I tried it. I have long,fine hair..this gives it a bounce, doesn't create oiliness, smells good, and is dirt cheap. Try it.