Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG 12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside

on 4/8/2012 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I just finished my second tube. There's not much to say, it's fine if you want a basic gentle moisturizer for daily use and you don't expect to reduce dark circles or lines. It's just fine but nothing amazing, time to try a new one!

Love it-just ordered my second tube! I use this morning and night.

This eye cream is super-gentle, non-greasy and moisturises my eye area beautifully all day long. It makes my skin feel really soft and look smooth. It provides an excellent base for my concealer too.

This cream won't reduce dark circles or provide line-zapping technology but it doesn't claim to so that's fine!

I started to use this after reading about the reviews on MUA. As I have extremely sensitive skin (periorbital derm), I am always a little apprehensive trying out new products. This cream didn't irritate or burn my eyes and I am actually noticing some lines around my eyes from the derm disappearing. It's not a mind-blowing eye cream but for a derm sufferer, it has been a god send

on 2/20/2012 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

very pleasant texture: cream and not greasy, does not interfere with makeup. but i dont think the efficiency is there. i almost finished the (little) tube, but i would probably not buy again. PS: it gave me 1 pimple under one of my eyes. it contains mineral oil so not non-comedogenic. i prefer hyraphase intense from la roche posay now.

on 1/24/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this to use at night as I tend to have much drier skin during the winter months and really needed something to help that. I use an eye cream with SPF 15 for day, and it contains some aha too so perhaps that's why I get drier sometimes. Overall, I like this. It did what I wanted it too. It soothed and moisturized my eye area without causing irritiation or millia. Overall, I'm satisfied. Does it do anything incredible? No. But I wasn't expecting it to and it's priced right so I think for that reason it gets a 4 outta 5 and yes to re-purchase. If your looking for something to help with other eye issues like lines, puffiness or dark circles then I'd look to something else. But if you want a nice lightly moisturizing eye cream that doesn't irritate then look no further!

on 12/20/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

BREAK OUT alert!! Beware this caused me to break out in the eye contour area and above the mouth were I also applied it. Never using it again

on 11/22/2011 3:50:00 PM

WHAT IS IT? Light eye cream
INGREDIENTS: Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG-12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Butyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside.
DOES IT PERFORM? This does not provide extreme hydration but also does not cause milia or migrate in my case which makes it appropriate for both the eyelid and undereye area, as its name implies. This is sufficient to provide moisturization to fend off dry crepey-looking skin even in cooler weather for me and also eliminates the red patchy areas that develop at the corners of my eyes in drier weather or due to chlorine (I swim.)
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes although I am open to trying more economical eye creams (ShiKai Borage, for example) that might have similar performance.
PRICE: $27.00 CAD for 10 ml - very expensive for what it is

on 10/17/2011 3:38:00 PM

This is my favorite eye cream for day time and also the only one i buy it for ..actually now is 4th time.I cant even imagine replacing or ever finding something similar or better.
Most of eye creams are giving me hard time only becouse i have very sensitive eyes..and this is genetics.
I love this eye cream for morning and for evening,for eye lids ,great makeup base,great ss base and also great healing for dry patches all over face and very near eyes.This never gave me any irritation,any stinging or redness.
While traveling i dont need to take 2eyecreams (home i use different ones for am/pm),i only take this,the tube package,really sanitary,tinny and safe,is making it perfect for my very often travels.
This is the cheapest skincare product i use,even my lipbalm..but also i very ,very good.
This is my HG eyecream for day time and for lids(is the only one i can use it without stinging and redness).
Texture is light cream,not too heavy ,not too light.My trick is:with the ring finger i dab this cream gently untill is completly in..if i do the mistake to add some more then yes,i will get some oily marks..but i know how to solve this.
I apply my eye make-up and before foundation i dab in the area i see some oily marks ,some toilet paper..and everything looks perfect.
Belive me i use it and test it so many eyecreams,very expensive and very cheap ones,so i know when i find a really good eye cream.1tube is enough for 6months..2for1year,and yes i like to always have one new for any case :-)
My HG eyecream from almost 2years!

on 9/2/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used the whole thing. It's soothing alright. But that's about it. If you have dry patches around your eyes. I'm not sure this will help it in any ways. There are a lot more richer eye cream out there...

on 4/18/2011 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have very sensitive skin and eyes. This eye cream is light and does not cause any stinging or redness in my eyes (don't ask how/why the product is getting in my eyes).

Moisturizes without making eye area feel greasy or heavy.

Tube allows precision in product use.