October 2, 2014 | 1572 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Soothing Eye Contour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite eye cream for day time and also the only one i buy it for ..actually now is 4th time.I cant even imagine replacing or ever finding something similar or better.
Most of eye creams are giving me hard time only becouse i have very sensitive eyes..and this is genetics.
I love this eye cream for morning and for evening,for eye lids ,great makeup base,great ss base and also great healing for dry patches all over face and very near eyes.This never gave me any irritation,any stinging or redness.
While traveling i dont need to take 2eyecreams (home i use different ones for am/pm),i only take this,the tube package,really sanitary,tinny and safe,is making it perfect for my very often travels.
This is the cheapest skincare product i use,even my lipbalm..but also i very ,very good.
This is my HG eyecream for day time and for lids(is the only one i can use it without stinging and redness).
Texture is light cream,not too heavy ,not too light.My trick is:with the ring finger i dab this cream gently untill is completly in..if i do the mistake to add some more then yes,i will get some oily marks..but i know how to solve this.
I apply my eye make-up and before foundation i dab in the area i see some oily marks ,some toilet paper..and everything looks perfect.
Belive me i use it and test it so many eyecreams,very expensive and very cheap ones,so i know when i find a really good eye cream.1tube is enough for 6months..2for1year,and yes i like to always have one new for any case :-)
My HG eyecream from almost 2years!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by dvdgal

I used the whole thing. It's soothing alright. But that's about it. If you have dry patches around your eyes. I'm not sure this will help it in any ways. There are a lot more richer eye cream out there...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by d7293

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have very sensitive skin and eyes. This eye cream is light and does not cause any stinging or redness in my eyes (don't ask how/why the product is getting in my eyes).

Moisturizes without making eye area feel greasy or heavy.

Tube allows precision in product use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by persianeyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is great, i have been using it for a year now, i am just worried that it does not prevent wrinkles or prevent them either,

but it is great, it never leaves my eyes irratated and i swear i cannot have a day without it, i use it day and night

Q ladies- I am 22 years old- should i be looking for somehting that has SPF instead?

also

how do you ladies apply eye cream, i feel as if i am too harsh, i use my middle finger

do u rub or tap?

also to avoid too much rubbing i use more product- is this bad? is there a better way to go about this?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Minelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So in my venture through the Avène brand, I've come across this when I searched an eye skin soothing and moisturiser. It indeed does that quite well, and also helps getting rid of wrinkles and dark circles that appear because of lack of moisture.

I'm not a packaging freak and I don't care if it comes in a fancy box or not, as long as it does what it says it does. However, I must say I like the squeeze method quite a bit. I think there's no hygiene in those pots you got to dip your fingers into. Also, it's much more economic as there's less wasted product.

Reading through some of these reviews, it seems like people buy things without informing themselves of what they do or do not do. This cream will not help with permanent wrinkle fading.nor with regular dark circles due to other reasons such as lack of sleep, bad nutrition or darkened skin. Please don't expect something the product was never advertised of doing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm suprised this has such good reviews because I found this useless. It doesn't do anything at all and it's claim to be soothing..? Really? No, this isn't soothing to my eyes at all. I'll use this up but definately won't be repurchasing it. It's not particularly moisturising either. Plus you only get 10ml compared to the usual 15ml you normally get in eye creams.
I think my brief flirtation with Avene products is now over, not all they are cracked up to be in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

This eye "cream" is very, very, light. I like it because it soothes my skin, adds a bit of moisture and doesn't have any scent.

This would not do anything for wrinkles or dark circles though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by welldarling

The area around my eyes is too sensitive for most creams, and gets really dry and red and painful. I was looking for something that was very gentle and moisturising, but not so rich that it'd make my under-eyes puffy (which is what clinique all about eyes rich did). And something that wouldn't make my eyes water if it got into them (which is what Origins mega-mushroom eye serum sadly did).

I'm not looking for miracles, and I can't attest to it doing more than making my eyes happy - it doesn't irritate in any way and it's kept my eyes completely moisturised for a few months, including throughout some below-freezing windy nightmare weather. Sometimes, during half-asleep mornings or nights, I even give my eyeballs a little coating of this cream, and they don't seem to mind.

If I stop using this for more than a couple of days, the area around my eyes gets tight and nippy again. I really like the packaging and the consistency, it sinks into my skin easily. My tube is nearing an end, it's lasted over two months and I probably use more than is really needed. It costs less than half the price of the two eyecreams I mentioned above and I'm a hundred times happier with it, so I think that works out as good value.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by swtbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The area around my eyes have been drying up lately due to the weather and my tendency towards hot showers. Using my normal Shiseido moisturizer wasn't doing the trick, so I decided to get my first eye cream at the tender of 20!

I bought this product from an Australian chain called Priceline for AU$28.99. Found it a bit expensive but my mum encouraged me to buy it ("it's more expensive hence it must be better!") and I must admit I didn't really go around researching for the best price. Pretty pricey for 10ml!

As for the actual performance of the cream, I did find it to hydrate and sooth my eyes after putting it on but didn't notice any physical changes apart from the skin not being so dry. However, I did like how it was unscented because it made it feel more natural as opposed to it having some artificial smell to it.

It came in a little box where the packaging was simple. I like the squeeze function as I find it more hygienic than dipping my fingers into a pot.

As I mentioned earlier, this is my first eye cream so I can't compare it to any other products. I gave it an overall rating of 3/5, where I won't be purchasing it again. Next time, I think I want to try out some other products.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by poivre27

I have used this product for a little over a month, here is my experience with it.

I asked the saleslady to recommend me a good eye cream that is basic: hydrates, is a good base for makeup, and won't cause any problems, with an SPF being a bonus. She instantly told me about this eye cream. I read the box, tested some out, and decided to buy it.

So I took it home, tried it out. It went on without any problem. The next day I wore it in the morning before applying makeup. Eye makeup seemed to go on well enough. The next day when I woke up, I noticed some redness around my eyes. They were small little red dots without any texture. I thought it was weird so I didn't use this cream for another 5 days or so. After that, I wore it again for several weeks almost every day, with no more red marks.

It seemed to be doing a mediocre job...nothing I was too happy with, but I didn't want to stop using this cream because it was pretty expensive for only 10mL. A week or so ago, though, I noticed that when I go days without wearing this eye cream (i.e. being at home on weekends and not going out), the area where I DO apply the cream (lids, under-eyes, and contour) was so DRY. I never had a dry eye area ever before. You could see a white, scratchy area around the eye. I am 100% sure it was due to this cream.

So I've decided to finish using up the tube, but in the meantime also use my Olay Complete spf15 lotion around the eyes (not the eye cream, just the regular face cream..I used to use the eye cream and liked it a lot until I dropped it in the bathroom and it disappeared =P) in the daytime since it protects against the sun, is softer and FEELS more hydrating than Avene.

Overall, not a good product. Skip this purchase and go for something richer in texture, and something less expensive for what it does.