April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A few weeks ago, I went through a bit of a Lush binge. While on one of my trips to this store, a sales person recommended the Tea Tree Water (TTW) toner water. According to the bottle, "antibacterial tea tree, astringent grapefruit and balancing juniper berry keep disasters at bay". Meaning that it is meant to help fight against acne.

Well, I don't know what happened, but this product cause me to get major acne breakouts. How do I know it was this product and not something else? Because in the time I had used this my skincare routine stayed the same, as did my diet, etc. This was the only new element to my routine. I used this product consistently for about two weeks, to make sure it was the problem, and then I had enough. As soon as I stopped using this product, my acne began clearing and there were no new breakouts.

Aside from the obvious reason why I do not like this product, there are a few other things I dislike as well. One thing I dislike is the smell of this product. While it smells exactly as the name describes, tea tree, it is really strong and lingers on my skin. Furthermore, the packaging of this product comes in a spray bottle, but instead of getting a nice misting of product from the bottle, it feels more like raindrops on my face.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is a product I can go without and not lose any sleep over it. Losing $15 in the process however = no fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Spanish2166

I love love love this product! I used it along with 9 tp 5 cleanser it did wonders for my skin. I had a couple breakouts on my cheek area i woke up today with them reduced by about 50% ! Thats amazing !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have actually pretty good skin, but I struggle with breakouts alot. I don't have acne, but I tend to always have one or two little zits or something. I bought this, because I though it would be great.

I haven't tried it a lot of times, because everytime I've tried it. I'd woke up with a new zit.
I might think that it's because of the product, because normally i don't get them so quick and more at a time.

I also don't like the packagain. I have a thing for spray-things. I really don't like them, and especially not on my face. I have a small face, so I feel like it goes everywhere. Also my hair, and I don't want that. Also, I don't want it all over my face, because I only break out in my t-zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Amyrebecca

I like the feel when applied to skin but i feel like it did nothing for my skin. This product is really refreshing and feels fresh but didn't really see the point of it. Will not be purchasing again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a non-essential, luxury LUSH product. I have bought it twice now and I really enjoy using it. It's gentler than my usual witch-hazel toner (smells better too). It is very refreshing to spray directly onto your face. It does what any decent toner should do, I wouldn't say it's better or worse than most others I've tried. The packaging is fantastic, the nozzle produces a large, soft spray.

I wouldn't buy this product if I were looking to keep a budget, there are other options that work just as well. But if you have oily/red skin and are looking to treat yourself, this is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I've been using this with 9 to 5 and ultra band. The smell is light and fresh and not over powering or irritating to the skin. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with an oily t zone. With using this with 9-5 my skin is left feeling clean soft and a little tight. And I definitely have to use lotion. When used with ultra bland I don't think it gets everything so my fAce feels clean but still kinda oily. It's also really good for a quick sprits half way thru the day for some oil control. This and 9-5 are my hg for lazy nights I don't wanna splash water on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the smaller size bottle of this along with a face mask a few months back because in a demo the sales assistant used it on me and being a sucker to persuasion I bought a bottle. Although the face mask I went there to buy has been long since binned I still have my bottle of Tea Tree Water and I'll be going back to buy another as soon as this finishes.

I could never see the point of toners before I had this but now I totally understand! It's got a really nice fresh smell, it's not overpowering but actually just really clean and refreshing. The spray bottle means that it can either be sprayed directly onto the fact but I prefer to wet a cotton pad with it and then wipe my face as I can actually see dirt that my cleanser missed coming off, which only adds to the clean feeling really!

Initially I only bought the small bottle and so far that's lasted months, I may buy the bigger bottle next time as now that I know I'll use it all up it works out as being better value. However the smaller bottle is the perfect size to keep in a travel bag for use on-the-go so I probably won't be throwing away the bottle but rather refill from the bigger one and use both together.

It works so well in a simple routine, I've tried the hot cloth cleanser and after briefly declaring myself a convert the truth was even they were too harsh for my skin. Instead now I use a half and half cleanser and make up remover from Garnier, and straight after wipe my face with this and it's more than enough. I don't even feel I need a moisturiser after!

If you're looking for a good toner with all natural ingredients and it's suitable for Vegans then definitely give this a try. It's excellent and my skin really is notably better since I've began using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Ewitts

LOVE LOVE LOVE this toner X a million! Cleans out my pores but yet very gentle on my skin, this toner was sent from heaven :) I'd buy this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by paigemavis

Love this toner!
Doesn't dry out my skin like most toners, and made my skin feel refreshed.
Defiantly going to buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although it has a pleasing smell, this product did absolutely nothing for me. It does take off makeup very efficiently but for that price I can just buy a cheaper toner to do the job.

I feel like my acne stayed the same after I used this product. It is very refreshing first thing in the morning but I noticed that after I put this on my face, followed by my moisturizer, my foundation wouldn't go on nicely. After working all day, I felt that my face was more oily than usual if I put this product on before my foundation.

Save yourself the cost, look somewhere else!