April 18, 2014 | 1838 users online

Mascara - Trish McEvoy - High Volume Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by airis

Absolutely love this mascara, and I love how it washes off when you're done. I have short, thin asian lashes and this mascara makes them look like they're actually there! I added a photo in the gallery of the before and after... I think the effect is amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I am a product junkie and although I have found my HG of mascara in YSL's faux cils, I like trying something new. With that said, I purchased this along with some foundation items. The MA raved about the easy removal and how it comes off in little tubes but that wasn't a buying point for me as I usually dont wear waterproof mascara or have a hard time getting YSL off.

This is probably one of the worst mascaras I've ever purchased. It didn't add any volume. It darkened my lashes a bit but that's about it. Yes, it comes off easily in little "tubes"... that end up all over your face, around the edges of your hair and sink.

This is most certainly going back...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't believe I actually spent $28 on mascara. That being said, I love this mascara and will probably be using this as long as they make it. My co-worker recommended it, and after a few months of hemming and hawing I bit the bullet and picked it up. I love it. I apply it after I curl my lashes (I put on one coat in a zig-zag motion, followed up by combing through it with a lash comb) and it easily reaches every last lash. It lasts from 6 in the morning until I take it off before bed, with no flaking and no smudging, even when I'm wearing a ton of undereye concealer. And it's incredibly easy to take off--I just wash my face in the shower and running water over my eyes makes the mascara fall off in tubes. No tugging, no rubbing, no leftover black circles underneath my eyes. It's been a while since I've found an HG product, but this is hands-down my favorite mascara I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by pippin8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great mascara. First of all, I have straight lashes that dont't hold a curl, so when I blink the top lashes touch the bottom lashes. This mascara stays on all day and doesn't break off, leaving me looking like a racoon. I've slept in this mascara and don't wake up with mascara bits on my face. Also, when I blink with this mascara, the top lashes do not get stuck to the bottom lashes (something that I found with the Shu Uemera mascara). This is the most expensive mascara that I've purchased. Prior to this I had Bobbi Brown mascara which was ok, but always seems to get clumpy on me and then I'd have to comb my lashes to get the clumps off. With this mascara, I don't have to do that.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by thecreativelogic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this luckily while getting my makeup done recently at Nordstrom. I am just falling in love with Trish makeup so I really wanted to try out her mascara that the SA/MAs just RAVE about. A "tubing" mascara that comes off with warm water but is just wonderful, according to them.

Now I have tried other tubing mascaras and here are my thoughts in general: if my sensitive eyes are acting up I can use a tubing mascara knowing I can take it off anywhere, even a public restroom, but ALL tubing mascaras weigh down my curl and put my lashes basically flat.

I won't give this mascara a "1" because it was really, really JET black, which is nice, and also because it didn't completely flatten my lashes, just mostly. However getting it off is the most difficult thing to do, and this is SUPPOSED to be a tubing mascara! I rinsed with warm water, I tugged, rubbed, and eventually used soap. YUCK! Not at all what I expected. Also, for me if a mascara is going to be hard to remove it better perform pretty darn well. This was subpar, especially in comparison with other Trish products. Sorry, I can't recommend this. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by CeeZeeCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has become my HG mascara. I've been using it for a couple of months now and really love it.

It doesn't irritate my eyes, it stays all day, it's waterproof, it comes off easily with warm water, and it doesn't clump. The narrow applicator lets you get mascara on the whole lash without difficulty. My lashes are pretty long and full already so I don't need anything to add volume or length and I don't think this would do a good job doing either. But if you're looking for a easy to apply, separating mascara, this is it.

I hoping that it won't dry out too soon (as some have reported) but even if it does, I'll replace it with another.

I've tried many, many mascaras over decades and this is the first to not irritate my eyes over the course of a day. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaCB

Trish McEvoy's High Vol. mascara is almost the same thing as Kevin Aucoin's The Volume mascara only this one is a few dollars more expensive ($28 + tax.. very pricey) and dries out faster. I used this a few times and then passed it on to my mother and a month later she said it had already dried up and I'm pretty sure she doesn't even use mascara daily. Other than that, this is a nice natural mascara, it does add volume like it says it will and it also gives a hint of length, it doesn't smudge and there is very minimal flaking. It is somewhat water resistant but I wouldn't go swimming or what not with it on (which is how I feel about most tubing mascaras). It has a very small brush which makes it easy to apply precisely to every lash. It is difficult to get well defined lashes using this unless you comb them out. I would not repurchase this because it is so similar to the KA mascara mentioned above and you can save $3 (not much.. but it can add up) by getting the KA one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by audge723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara works great to lengthen and add volume. It doesnt irritate my eyes at all. You need to remove it with soap and water. Eye makeup removers do not work. Overall, its a great mascara but it is pricey. I use it when i go to work or go out at night, otherwise i use my clinique high impact for days that i dont care as much. hth

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by cosgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara and the Trish Lash Building mascara are both without a doubt the WORST mascaras I have EVER used and that says a lot. I'm a mascara whore and I've used them ALL. Everything is wrong with these. They clump on application, "harden" lashes, and then flake off everywhere for the rest of the day! Also, getting them off is a horror show. The sales rep. told me how wonderful these are to remove because the product "slips" off your lashes in "tiny tubes." Yes, tiny tubes that need to be pulled or rubbed off, first from your lashes then from your whole face! Yuck..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by enialennyl

Alone it didn't work for me. I had to use the primer, the volumizer, and the curling to get the effect I wanted. It took too much effort and was very expensive. The only plus was that it was so easy to remove! Not worth the time and money.