July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this just about everyday. I have it in NC40 and I also have one in NC45. Since I mix my foundations to get the right shade I'll use either one depending on how dark/light my foundation looks that day. Does that make sense? Meaning if my foundation looks a lil dark, I'll use NC40 and if it's looking too pinky/light, I'll use NC45. I also use the darker one a lot more in the summer months. This looks powder creates a flawless finish over Revlon's CS/PR...an airbrushed look. This keeps my T-zone matte but not dry (I have desert dry skin), but not so matte because I like the dewy look and I can still achieve it with this. It sets foundation wonderfully. Only thing is the packaging looks great but way too much product comes out of the little holes so if you travel with this you have to be really careful because a lot can spill out. And these literally last forever but I think mine last a lot longer since I alternate between the two colors. I wore it alone once and it was OK but I much rather wear it over foundation. I used to buff it in with a Kabuki but I like the results much better when I use it with my E.LF. Studio Complexion Brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by babydoll87

I just bought this powder and thought it was ok. It doesn't come with an applicator so i just used my kabuki brush and buffed it in. It wasn't too expensive i just found that my Jane loose powder i had worked better with my oily skin. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by minarashid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it was about 17 CAD which is a bit
the packaging was really nice
only thing i didn't like was that it didn't stay in place throughout the school day
its good as a setting powder
when you apply it alone, it looks okay at first but in the next 2-3 hours it fades

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love it! I've been looking for the right powder for YEARS because I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and it's hard to find a powder that works with all of those skin problems but doesn't make my face look overly chalky or powdery. I've been using this powder every day for the last 3 months and haven't broken out from it at all! MAC face products usually match my skin tone better than most brands but they tend to break me out. After I saw this powder on sale at BuyMeBeauty, I decided to purchase this in NC40, which is a little darker than my skintone but the powder is sheer enough that it just gives me a healthy bronzed look. I like this loose powder because it sets my makeup and helps prevent shine and prevents my oily skin from making my makeup slide. I definitely notice that it takes longer for my face to get oily when I use this. It's a medium coverage powder- I like that it doesnt feel heavy or caked on after I apply it and it doesn't my face look chalky but makes my complexion look even and matte and GORGEOUS! I cannot live without this now! I will definitely repurchase when I run out of this- hopefully BuyMeBeauty will get some more NC40 in stock :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by EmmaAlford

I dont know how anyone could write a bad review on this powder. it lasted me 3 months and kept me non-oily for atleast 6,7 hours. i have combination skin and i do have dry patches where the powder usually goes on weird... but not select sheer it glides on and doesnt give that cakey look more of a natural, dewy look. i recommend it i bought it when i was in america for $17 i think.. WELL WORTH IT :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

Dud Product!!

I didn't like this loose powder. You would think by its name that it's supposed to be sheer and light but it isn't.

The colour does not apply evenly, can be a little streaky, oxidises throughout the day and makes my face cakey and dry. The worst thing about it is that it significantly ages you becuase it enlarges your pores. I have tried it over just moisturiser or over liquid foundation or cream foundation with a powder brush and puff and I still got these negative results.

The packaging is boring, nothing special. Even though it has a sifter, the powder easily spills out even when I put a new sticker to cover the holes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by tbnguyenphan

I had no problem of the powder caking up or anything, even when I used it to set my Studio Sculpt foundation... but maybe because I try to use as little product as possible. I didn't properly time it or anything but I believe it left my T-zone matte for over 7 hours, for which I am really impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by prettypoodle05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

nw 45 here! I like this powder. i hate macs foundations because it destroyed my skin but suprisingly this didnt do any damage and when used on top of a concealor gives nice coverage. I spray with fix + and good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by anamatovska

This does what it's supposed to... Any finely milled powder that is loose is my supposed to provide foundation like coverage you are in the wring section If you are looking for that
Odor - none
Shade - nw20 so natural and perfect in color no one knew I was wearing it!
Dry/ oily? : the ingredients slight dry skin not to mattify oily skin.
I have had it for a year I don't use foundation I only use Mac selectcover concealer and this powder and no one knows I'm wearing anything!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an ok product for me but that is it. Think I had too high hopes for this that this was going to be the ansers for my dreams.
I orderd it online in nc20. My first reaction was omg this is to dark and yellow-orange but it goes on sheer.
My skin is in ok condition now havn't had any bad acne for over 6m, so I don't need anything that gives cover, I need something that will help with my oilyness and shine and hide pores.
This helps me, but I have the prep+prime transparent finishing powder and it does the same without giving a sheer color that will oxidize and make me orange looking.
Also the prep+prime hides the pores better.
An ok powder but try the prep+prime insted, it is transparent so you can use it all year around.
Talc, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tetrasodium Edta, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Ultramarines, Ci 19140