Sephora Eyeshadow

3.6

on 8/22/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a couple of Sephora eyeshadows because they were on sale for $5 each as compared to my $15 MAC eyeshadows. This was when I first went to Sephora and I figured their brand had to be good. I bought 3 of the shadows. I must say, they are the worst I have ever purchased. To get color on, you really have to put many coats on. The absolutely worse thing is that they flake everywhere. After applying a dark color, I have color all under my eye that I have to use cream to take off and re-apply my foundation over. It was a huge pain in the butt to apply this and I finally just got fed up and exchanged them for store credit (yay once again for Sephora's return policy). I will never buy Sephora brand again because of this experience. No wonder they were so cheap. My mom even bought the whole palette and the same problem happened.

PROS: decent color selection

CONS: poor pigmentation (need several coats to apply), flakes off everywhere during application, comes off quickly

Would not recommend this eyeshadow to anyone.

on 7/8/2010 7:27:00 PM

I have to say I am really disappointed in this eyeshadow. It is very dry and hard for me to put on evenly-even with a good brush. The only thing I like about Sephora eyeshadows is their color selection-it's fantastic. I wish they were more creamy and not so dry.

I love Sephora eyeshadow. The pros are: long-lasting, great appearance of smoothness , glides on pretty easily with a good brush. FANTASTIC color selection! Almost everytime I wear it, I get compliments because the shadows wear themselves really well!
The cons are: The packaging is difficult to open up sometimes cuz there is no real indentation where you flip up the lid, the eyeshadow formula is more on the dry side so you should really wear with a primer underneath.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This review speaks to the 'must have no. 6' in matte jet black. I really like this eye shadow, it's quite pigmented and is a good basic matte black. It's difficult to find a matte black that is pigmented and after going through many black eye shadows, this is the best one I have come across. It doesn't have any fallout, gives a good color payoff and has become a staple for me. I do have to say I am quite surprised as I didn't think that I would enjoy Sephora brand eye shadows but this one is good enough to convince me to try other colors as well. The only thing that's a bit of a downer for me regarding this eye shadow is that I find it...dry? I'm not sure what the best way to describe it would be. It's not chalky, but it's just very dry, very packed in. The other minor annoyance is the packaging. The lid has no indentation or anything for you lift it up so until you've used it a few times to loosen it up, it's kind of difficult to open up the lid at first.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolute love these eyeshadows. Theyre very smooth and pigmented and last all day.

on 5/6/2010 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I couldn't find a place to put this review, but this is for the Sephora Collection Colorplay eyeshadow set that has 5 palettes with 10 colours each (50 shadows total!), plus lip glosses and blushes. (about $40 CAD).

I haven't tried Sephora's regular eyeshadows yet, but I was very happy with this kit. The pigmentation is good (much better than drugstore brands) and there's a LOT of colours to choose from.

Lasting power - great when lids are primed with foundation
Pigmentation - pretty good, esp for the price (one Sephora palette is $30 CAD)
Color - contains more shimmer/sparkly ones than matte. I would have liked to have more of them in matte.

on 5/3/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I bought the palette for about $25 and this is way overpriced. Its chalky, hard to blend, and crappy pigment for 3 out of the 4 shadows. It also creased on me and I don't normally have that problem even though I have oily skin. So overall, a total waste of money.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

SIMPLY PUT : Better than you would think! :) I got a sample of 4 eyeshadows including Starry Night (black) Engagement Ring (silver) Midnight Kiss (purple) and My Favorite Jeans (deep blue). I will admit before i tried these shadows out the name brand diva voice inside me thought to myself, "these are going to suck, i should just throw it away" since it wasn't one of my favorite brands. But WOW i was SUPRISED! The quality amazed me. For all you green eyed babes out there i recommend trying out the Midnight Kiss shadow it is gorgeous! :) Just the perfect amount of shimmer, and little fall out (at least when i tried it!) I didn't use a primer or anything, and truly the colors were superb. I now can't wait to get my hands on these Sephora shadows, they are definitely worth the money! :)

on 3/22/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in 'aspen summit' (shimmery white) and use it sometimes to make me look more bright-eyed (by applying to the inner corners). It's pretty good, but I find that it doesn't last too long and sometimes it smears. I also don't like the that it's shimmery; I would prefer a matte white. Quality-wise it's alright ... the best thing about it, though, is probably the neat packaging, which closes and actually stays closed.
I think that if you want to use this product, you need to have the right tools for applying it . I have a small brush/sponge that works quite well. But overall: when it runs out, I'll be looking at other brands.

on 3/5/2010 11:02:00 PM

i usually dont look at sephora products because most of them don't seem very good judging by the reviews, but i got an eye shadow from sephora as part of a birthday freebie gift. i have this in aspen summit no. 23 which is a shimmery white eyeshadow. i wont say this eye shadow disappointed me though because i never really had high expectations. first of all, the colour payoff isn't that great. i tried using this as an inner corner highlight and it barely even showed up. second, its not very smooth. compared to mac shadows, which feel very silky, these feel quite rough. third, it doesnt last very long. i couldnt even see the highlight at all after a few hours. i'd say save your money and go buy better quality shadows such as mac.