September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by peppermintcupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review speaks to the 'must have no. 6' in matte jet black. I really like this eye shadow, it's quite pigmented and is a good basic matte black. It's difficult to find a matte black that is pigmented and after going through many black eye shadows, this is the best one I have come across. It doesn't have any fallout, gives a good color payoff and has become a staple for me. I do have to say I am quite surprised as I didn't think that I would enjoy Sephora brand eye shadows but this one is good enough to convince me to try other colors as well. The only thing that's a bit of a downer for me regarding this eye shadow is that I find it...dry? I'm not sure what the best way to describe it would be. It's not chalky, but it's just very dry, very packed in. The other minor annoyance is the packaging. The lid has no indentation or anything for you lift it up so until you've used it a few times to loosen it up, it's kind of difficult to open up the lid at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by dramaqueen9002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolute love these eyeshadows. Theyre very smooth and pigmented and last all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I couldn't find a place to put this review, but this is for the Sephora Collection Colorplay eyeshadow set that has 5 palettes with 10 colours each (50 shadows total!), plus lip glosses and blushes. (about $40 CAD).

I haven't tried Sephora's regular eyeshadows yet, but I was very happy with this kit. The pigmentation is good (much better than drugstore brands) and there's a LOT of colours to choose from.

Lasting power - great when lids are primed with foundation
Pigmentation - pretty good, esp for the price (one Sephora palette is $30 CAD)
Color - contains more shimmer/sparkly ones than matte. I would have liked to have more of them in matte.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the palette for about $25 and this is way overpriced. Its chalky, hard to blend, and crappy pigment for 3 out of the 4 shadows. It also creased on me and I don't normally have that problem even though I have oily skin. So overall, a total waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

SIMPLY PUT : Better than you would think! :) I got a sample of 4 eyeshadows including Starry Night (black) Engagement Ring (silver) Midnight Kiss (purple) and My Favorite Jeans (deep blue). I will admit before i tried these shadows out the name brand diva voice inside me thought to myself, "these are going to suck, i should just throw it away" since it wasn't one of my favorite brands. But WOW i was SUPRISED! The quality amazed me. For all you green eyed babes out there i recommend trying out the Midnight Kiss shadow it is gorgeous! :) Just the perfect amount of shimmer, and little fall out (at least when i tried it!) I didn't use a primer or anything, and truly the colors were superb. I now can't wait to get my hands on these Sephora shadows, they are definitely worth the money! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by camillexvi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in 'aspen summit' (shimmery white) and use it sometimes to make me look more bright-eyed (by applying to the inner corners). It's pretty good, but I find that it doesn't last too long and sometimes it smears. I also don't like the that it's shimmery; I would prefer a matte white. Quality-wise it's alright ... the best thing about it, though, is probably the neat packaging, which closes and actually stays closed.
I think that if you want to use this product, you need to have the right tools for applying it . I have a small brush/sponge that works quite well. But overall: when it runs out, I'll be looking at other brands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by JU1CYY69

i usually dont look at sephora products because most of them don't seem very good judging by the reviews, but i got an eye shadow from sephora as part of a birthday freebie gift. i have this in aspen summit no. 23 which is a shimmery white eyeshadow. i wont say this eye shadow disappointed me though because i never really had high expectations. first of all, the colour payoff isn't that great. i tried using this as an inner corner highlight and it barely even showed up. second, its not very smooth. compared to mac shadows, which feel very silky, these feel quite rough. third, it doesnt last very long. i couldnt even see the highlight at all after a few hours. i'd say save your money and go buy better quality shadows such as mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by julie778

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm reviewing pearl no. 08. I haven't found anything else that compares as an every day eye shadow. I have undereye circles and deep set eyes so my number one eye makeup goal is to look more awake. If I wear anything to dark or even do much eyeliner, my eyes disappear. I look best with just one color allover the lid that is pale and a little shimmery. This gives the lid a nice sheen but isn't glittery at all. I find that most shadows are either matte or make you look like you're covered in pixie dust. This brings out my blue eye color and makes me look more awake. I put a tiny bit in the inside corners of my eyes and lower lid corners which I think makes my eyes look bigger too. Perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by runawaytrees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was fairly disappointed with this. I bought it in "Picnic in the Park No. 44". It's a shimmery green colour, and I was hoping to use it more for an eyeliner on the bottom. At the Sephora where I went (Newmarket, Ontario), I was told that with Too-Faced Shadow Insurance it would go on much more saturated and bright, and so I bought it for about $16 CDN. In all fairness it DOES go on better with the SI, but I'm not wanting to use SI every single day as it cost me quite a bit and I don't want to waste it.

The colour is VERY sheer, when I do a swatch on my skin it barely shows, and I would only wear this colour at nighttime, so I don't use it much. It's good to have, just for emergencies and having a range of colours at my disposal.

I give a 4 to the packaging because it looks quite nice, it's a smooth shape with the Sephora logo embossed onto the powder inside. The top is clear plastic for ease of colour selection.

I wouldn't buy this again, if you're looking for bright colours, I suggest HIP by L'Oreal.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by aseabeesprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the J C Penny sephora store just to see how it worked. I got a peachy shimmer tone I am not sure of the exact color, but it looked really pretty so I thought why not..... boy that was a mistake. I got home tired it out and it had no pigment what so ever. It felt like I was digging into the pot everytime, I used it finally I just gave up with it and threw it in the bottom of my train case. It is to high and I think I would got a better pigment by buying a cheap brand then this cause thats about it all it was. Just crap would never buy again and the same why with the blush....