Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 9/24/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. I broke out like crazy and my skin produced more oil.
They did not clean very well at all!
As a matter of fact I have better cleaning results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

on 9/12/2014 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my absolute HG face cleanser! I have used so many acne washes and medications, I've used high end "blemish" this and "acne" that and nothing works like this does. I recently made the mistake of trying the clinique blemish control range again (which I used to use religiously) and my skin was the worst it has been in years! I had to go on a course of antibiotics just to clear it up (won't make that mistake again) this wash is so cheap, and its isn't too "bubbly"(?) and I quite like the smell (baby powder-ish?) I use it with a clarisonic mia 2 and it keeps my problem skin under control. it doesn't dry it out, even when I'm using harsh medicated gels, and I have never had a stinging or burning feeling which I get with others. Such a great wash, so if you're struggling and are thinking of trying high end or expensive acne solutions, make sure you try this first!
xoxo Miss Skye

on 8/30/2014 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Best face wash for my acne-prone, medicated face. When initially on the medication, my skin would be super dry before it got used to it. I used the gentle version of this cleanser and it was a dream! I'm off medication now and I use the normal version everyday. My skin has maintained a beautiful and clean glow besides the one or two hormonal time-of-the-month break outs here and there. Every during those times, this facial cleanser works wonders. Who knew that using a product without all the acids and chemicals used in acne-clearing products would clear my skin better than the ones that include them! HG for sure.

on 8/29/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first, I liked this cleanser. Although, I don't think I will be repurchasing.
I started to notice my face was more dry than normal. I think it was because I was washing with this.

on 8/8/2014 4:05:00 AM

This cleanser has become my holy grail cleanser of all time since it's super gentle on the skin but also gets rid of all the dirty gunk and oils left over on the skin from a long day as well. I have acne prone skin and suffer the occasional pimple here and there but this product keeps my skin at bay and cleanses it very well.

on 7/27/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this and the gentle version of this for years. I tend to rotate between the two. I really like this cleanser as it removes all my makeup well and it keeps my breakouts at bay. It foams and lathers really nicely and I like the scent. One of my HGs.

on 7/22/2014 10:10:00 AM

I have been using this for a month now, and I am very pleased with it. I have combination skin and more oily in the summer. Using this in conjunction with my Clarisonic at night makes my skin clean and soft. It has a slight fragrance to it, but it smells clean not perfumy to me. It can be quite expensive at drugstores but I always get mine at walmart so the price is not so bad considering the size.

on 7/22/2014 1:54:00 AM

I have combination skin, and my t zone gets pretty oily by the end of the day. I got this cleanser and I stopped using it after 3 days because of the fact that it made my skin incredibly dry even when I put my usual moisturizer. I got some pimples but I'm thinking it was because of my dry skin. BEWARE OF DRY SKIN!!!

on 7/15/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a basic facial cleanser that is very good and doesn't strip my skin. I accidentally grabbed this about 6 months ago in the normal to oily skin version when I am dry skin. I didn't realize it until I used it. Alas, nothing to worry about. It didn't do any stripping or drying out of my already dry skin.

It cleansed it gently without causing any irritation with my rosacea. It removes my makeup well also without any problems. Great product and as you can see, I still have the same bottle with the pump 6 months later and use it daily. Little goes a long way. Definitely will buy again and again.

on 7/15/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

WOW this stuff broke me out so bad lol I literally don't understand why dermatologists recommend this brand to people. I've had pretty decent skin but I figured it was time to switch up my cleanser as my other one wasn't removing makeup/dirt very efficiently. My dermatologist recommended this cleanser to me. I found it at walmart for SUPER cheap, like 6 dollars at walmart and took it home. It foams up quite nice, clean smell and I felt clean at first without feeling irritated. I used it for about almost 2 weeks but I just couldn't do it anymore! I know have a huge cluster of flesh colored bumps on my chin and i started to get big red cystic breakouts on my forehead and cheeks! I'm still trying to clear up the ones on my chin and the ones on my cheeks left ugly acne marks. I used to be able to go makeup free during the day but not anymore. Now i'm stuck using a heavy coverage foundation because of all the acne this face wash left me with and I'm so angry. Turns out, it's really a soap full of junk, it contains methylparaben and masking fragrance. The cetaphil gentle cleanser isn't any better as it contains 3 parabens instead of 1. I don't know why doctors recommend this. Currently only using warm water and a light moisturizer to wash my face as it can't handle anything else right now from all the irritation I have right now. So disappointed. Don't waste your time or money on this product.