November 29, 2014 | 1180 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm only on day 1 of using this, but I already like it. I used to use BP washes (acnefree, Clean & Clear), but they left me a little red and ruddy. I've tried more expensive ones, too (Clinique, Boscia, PRR). Was not impressed. I just want a basic, gentle cleanser that doesn't dry my face up, removes makeup and oil, and doesn't aggravate breakouts. So last year I started using CeraVe products. The hydrating cleanser wasn't a good match for my skin type, and I felt it didn't clean well enough to get up all the acne-feeding gunk. But I really liked the Foaming one, so I stuck with it for 6 months or more. I like it, but my skin is still a little bumpy (those tiny bumps that take forever to go away) and feels pretty tight after washing. It is pretty thin and foams well but doesn't seem to be really slipping around enough to make my face feel nourished rather than stripped. So, I tried Cetaphil...

Compared to CeraVe Foaming, Cetaphil for Oily Skin is...
1. Cheaper (slightly)
2. Less drying
3. Better at removing makeup.

The smell is a little "old lady," but it has more slip so it glides more easily to cover my whole face. I still get a slight dry/tight feeling a few minutes after washing, but my face feels more nourished and soft overall. I'm hoping it will help with the tiny bumps and oil and not contribute to more acne.

I'm going to stick with this for a while. I do wish it didn't have fragrance and was cruelty free :(. I'll update if anything incredibly awesome or devastating happens from this switch...

NOTE: this is close to identical to Paulas Choice Clear Cleanser, if you want to save money...the first 8 ingredients are identical, and the others are almost all mixed in somewhere after that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by helscion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using the regular cetaphil cleanser while looking for a gentle cleanser that didn't dry out skin while I was on Accutane. Post Accutane, my skin is reasonably clear, but the original amount of oil production came back and I started getting some small pimples. The regular cetaphil was too heavy for my skin, especially in the hot humid weather where I live. I went from using a lot of OTC acne cleansers that only seemed to dry out skin (making it more oily) and never helped with general condition of my skin. I thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to go back and use Cetaphil again since it worked before, when I found this one for oily skin. This works really well for me. Gentle action cleansing but with oil control. My skin has cleared up and hydration-wise it is much more balanced and therefore less oily and prone to pimples! Sticking to this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this at the same time as regular cetaphil. I've been using the gentle one for a few weeks, but used this for a stretch in there as well. First off, my skin sucks and I break out to any and everything. For years I tried every product, even diet changes and nothing works so I have to assume it's not just what I put on my face but also internal and therefore I can't blame a face product unless it makes it horribly worse.

So that said, I first hoped this would be foaming enough to clean, but gentle enough to not strip me and make things worse. The smell was instantly offensive and I almost didn't buy it. I can't tolerate additives like that and though they say they use it to mask the smell, I have to wonder how bad the original smell is if that's considered an improvement. YUCK. And I can handle a lot of smelly products. But no.

The first time I use this, like any other product, I liked it. But for some reason I felt like I noticed the bumps more after using it. Some products do that, they almost 'highlight' them for you. Maybe it's helping to expel them, but I've been dealing with a lot of face products over the years, and it's never a good thing. All the times I tried to use this, my temptation to pick at my face was heightened and I did it, which of course made everything worse. It isn't drying and from what I can tell,it wasn't causing any major acne issues (I still have cysts with the cetaphil gentle which is not ok and yet it's still the better of the cleansers I've tried :P). I think this would work on normal people who didn't have my issues, but because of the smell, I wouldn't try to keep using it if I could use anything. I think I'm going to return it and suffer in silence with my cetaphil gentle until I can get insurance to see a dr about my skin issues. (Dr didn't help, btw. Unfortunately....)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by xoxomalak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why does this not have 5 stars? I love this. Simply love. I had a huge outbreak of cystic acne thanks to a horrible bronzer. I used this and it literally calms down acne over night. My cystic acne was very bad so it took about a week to get it to calm down but thanks to this cleanser, its gone. Whenever I get home from the gym, I love using this because it takes off all the oil and gunk! Will never switch to anything! I have super oily skin and this is a life saver.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First,it is a very runny gel almost like water consistency,and has a very strong chemical baby powder smell,it doesn't foam at all,nor does it absorb oil,it just makes my face slippery and slightly burn,very bad and overrated product,bought the tiniest 125ml bottle for $13 what a waste!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by apkota

I have tried this cleanser several times over the years in hopes to make it work. Unfortunately, I have to "Throw in the towel". Initially it works so well and cleans my skin great, but over time I start to get flakey skin. I gave it 4 lippies because this is an awesome cleanser for someone with the intended skin type "Normal to Oily". It removes make up. I like it enough to have tried it several times. It just isn't for me personally because apparently I need something more moisturizing. I think if you have the intended skin type, this is definitely worth a try. It does have a masking fragrance, that I personally like. Some may not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I actually picked up a double pack accidentally at BJ's. Initially, I was very upset that I bought this instead of the regular Cetaphil. By the time I got around to realizing that this wasn't the "regular" Cetaphil, it was too late to return it. So, I tried this. I actually like it better than the regular Cetaphil.

I have combination skin. This works better than the original for my skin type. My skin feels clean after using this, but not tight. Like the original Cetaphil, it doesn't really lather up. The only thing I find strange is that they decided to add fragrance. I'm not bothered by it. However, I know a lot of people with sensitive skin do avoid fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by halfnakedlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for the last three months. So far, it works wonder for my oily and acne prone skin. It cleanse without leaving my skin too dry that a light oil free moisturizer can't handle. I bought the 16 fl oz pack of two for only $16.94. it's cheaper than all of other cleansers i've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've recently started using this product and I swear I stopped breaking out from it! I have very acne-prone skin and nothing I try ever seems to clear up my break-outs. But a few weeks into trying this cleanser out, I noticed I wasn't breaking out anymore... Only one or two pimples would come up, but that is a huge decrease compared to the clusters of acne I've battled with. I feel like if I continue using this, maybe my break-outs will stop altogether. Really hoping so!

I didn't notice a difference in it controlling the oils on my face, but my major concern is clearing up my acne, which this product seems to be doing.

There is a subtle scent to it, nothing major, bad, or annoying IMO. The packaging also indicates that it foams.. but I can't seem to get it to foam no matter how much I lather it between my fingers before even applying it onto my face. It comes out as a gel consistency.

UPDATE: Officially my holy grail face product! I think I am finally done my years of breaking out, thanks to this product! My face was out of control for about 5 years now.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS if you have troubled/acne-prone skin. You won't need no cream or gel, any prescribed topical or pills. The secret was in this CLEANSER all along!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by andikacitra25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've just been using this product for two days, but I can say that it works wonders to my skin. I have a major breakout because of my previous cleanser. This cleanser gives me a clean and fresh feeling after washing my face, but it doesn't make it overly dry. It's really gentle and doesn't irritate my skin. I still have pimples but I think they got better. I'll continue to use this product,, ah, and I love the smell too.