July 29, 2014 | 1949 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by halfnakedlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for the last three months. So far, it works wonder for my oily and acne prone skin. It cleanse without leaving my skin too dry that a light oil free moisturizer can't handle. I bought the 16 fl oz pack of two for only $16.94. it's cheaper than all of other cleansers i've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've recently started using this product and I swear I stopped breaking out from it! I have very acne-prone skin and nothing I try ever seems to clear up my break-outs. But a few weeks into trying this cleanser out, I noticed I wasn't breaking out anymore... Only one or two pimples would come up, but that is a huge decrease compared to the clusters of acne I've battled with. I feel like if I continue using this, maybe my break-outs will stop altogether. Really hoping so!

I didn't notice a difference in it controlling the oils on my face, but my major concern is clearing up my acne, which this product seems to be doing.

There is a subtle scent to it, nothing major, bad, or annoying IMO. The package also indicates that it foams.. but I can't seem to get it to foam no matter how much I lather it between my fingers before even applying it onto my face. It comes out as a gel consistency.

UPDATE: Officially my holy grail face product! I think I am finally done my years of breaking out, thanks to this product! My face was out of control for about 5 years now. I'm in shock that no new pimples have erupted onto my face. This is foreign to me... To have a face clear of bumpy blemishes.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS if you have troubled/acne-prone skin. You won't need no cream or gel, any prescribed topical or pills. The secret was in this CLEANSER all along!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by andikacitra25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've just been using this product for two days, but I can say that it works wonders to my skin. I have a major breakout because of my previous cleanser. This cleanser gives me a clean and fresh feeling after washing my face, but it doesn't make it overly dry. It's really gentle and doesn't irritate my skin. I still have pimples but I think they got better. I'll continue to use this product,, ah, and I love the smell too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by CatClosser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading a few reviews and articles about how well it worked. After using it for a few weeks I'm now hooked!

I have combination/oily skin that is sensitive and I also have some mild acne and rosacea, so problem skin all around. I have tried several expensive brands and gentle brands. For a while I was using products from The Body Shop and they worked ok. I picked Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser up on my last trip to Ulta and I'm so glad I did.

I liked it after using it the first time but I wanted to see how well it would perform after using it regularly. It's now been almost a month and I use it daily. My skin is clearer and seems to produce less oil. I use 1 pump all over my face and neck and follow with a toner for sensitive skin and light moisturizer. It leaves my skin clean and dirt free without feeling dry and tight. There is a slight scent but nothing bad, in fact I kind of like it because it's not really flowery like some others are.

I wish I had tried this years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of money on trying expensive brands. I will definitely buy this again. In fact I'll probably get another bottle to leave in my shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

I have decided this is my HG cleanser (along with Noxzema). Here's why:

Removes face and eye makeup
Works well with clarisonic, washcloth, or apricot scrub for extra exfoliation
Available at any drugstore in different sizes (8 oz, 16 oz, sometimes 20 oz.)
Tames my oily skin beautifully without dehydrating it
Helped me get through TTOM with minimal breakouts
Scented but not annoyingly so
Cheap! ($6 for 8 oz at Target)
I can't stop touching my cheeks after I use it--seriously soft

This cleanser is SO much better than the gentle one for me. Suits my needs perfectly. I'm looking forward to rebuying this

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupfanatic123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I tried this a few times because my sister had it and thought it was alright, it cleaned okay but just made my skin feel tight after using it a few times. Well I just tried it again after removing my makeup and it BURNED ! It stung my cheeks as soon as I put it on and now I have red, burning discoloration on my cheeks :(. I didn't expect this because it's supposed to be so gentle.. I know it works for many but unfortunately it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by madeleinekate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser. It's a gel cleanser that foams slightly.
It suits my skin type well (combination) as it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry but it really does get rid of the buildup of oils/leftover makeup/whatever nastiness is on my face by the end of the day and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh.

If my eczema is bad it can sting my face a little, but it's not too bad and it doesn't seem to make my eczema worse or anything. Just a slight sting when I apply the cleanser.

I do however find this it is great for my acne! I was using this product religiously a while ago when my acne wasn't too bad. I then stopped using it in search of a more natural cleanser. During this time my acne got much worse. After a few months I decided to go back to this product as I couldn't find any natural cleansers that didn't break me out. Pretty much as soon as I started using this again my acne cleared up significantly. Not completely, but it definately does help to keep it at bay. I'm not sure how, but it does!

I also love that it comes in a big bottle with a pump. So convenient.

I really recommend this cleanser if you have sensitive, combination/oily skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Star28

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for about 6 months now and must say it's the most gentle, non-drying cleanser I've ever used I'd tried the regular Cetaphil Gentle Daily Cleanser but found that one didn't do a good job at removing makeup at all, so decided to give this one a try. Even though it says it's for Normal to Oily Skin, it does not strip my face or make my dry patches (in winter) drier.

Many so-called "gentle" cleansers leave my face feeling tight (still haven't figured out what ingredient causes this for me!) but not this one. I've also found I don't need to use a toner after washing with this cleanser.

Seems pricey but you get a BIG bottle for your money, and even using it 2x/day a bottle will last me for months. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by ashcarole

I have I say that I am impressed with the Cetaphil cleanser. I had always seen it at the store and never really gave it a second glance. After doing research, I found that a lot of people really like using Cetaphil as it is gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling clean and fresh. I have combo/oily skin so like I have said in other reviews it is very hard for me to find the right products for my skin. I'm always switching them up. I love this cleanser. I use this and then afterwards I put on the Boots Shine Control lotion. The combination of the two work wonders for my skin. This cleanser deep cleans without damaging your skin. It's a wonder product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I have used Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser on and off for the past 10 years. It has helped me through my teenage breakouts and continued to calm my skin in my most recent years. I never forgive myself for venturing off into other products but this cleanser is so gentle and mild that I can always depend on it.

I do have a couple suggestions for others though. Even though buying in bulk sounds tempting, unless you go through these bad boys in three months I would not suggest buying it in bulk! I bought Cetaphil at BJS and it lasted me years but this nice translucent cleanser eventually became.. opaque and viscous. At one point I was sure it was expired! And it was breaking me out! Next, I also advise those who lean on the more sensitive skin side (as I do) to try out the gentle facial cleaner. This can irritate your skin especially in the winter.

Nonetheless, it is a staple in my house and life!