November 28, 2014 | 1848 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Corfu

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by nclancy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I caved after I read Mandy Moore's review in September's Lucky issue. I like her make-up style, simple and natural. And now I'm a fan of Corfu. It's a sheen and glossy colored taupe. I wear it mostly during the weekend days. It gives my eyes a perky glow without looking like I applied eye shadow to run errands, even though I did. ...Shhh... this can be our little secret.
The downside. It does crease. Not a bad crease, but it will happen. Thankfully it's a cream so you just pat your finger back and forth over your eyelid a couple times and crease be gone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sparky17

Let it be said that this is a cream eyeshadow and will behave accordingly - some creasing and not being long lasting are to be expected. Having said that - this has the amazing property of being able to be brushed over a powder eyeshadow without causing the power to clump up in bunches. When done as such, it gives a nice glossy effect to the eye. I also like this used alone over a bare eyelid because it livens up the eye without being overly glossy or glittery. The color also works well on multiple eye color (tested beautifully on my hot-lady friends' baby blues and greens as well as my heavenly hazels)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by rebeccam_br

This is the perfect shade for me. I have large hazel-brown eyes with a light-medium complexion with golden undertones (NC25 in MAC-speak) with medium brown hair with auburn undertones. I am a student, but considering I am a "less is more" type & would rather have one really nice quality product than a tonne of mediocre products (*cough* MAC *cough*... keeping in mind that I am educated as a chemist and have also worked as a model). I am also into keeping my mornings & my look simple & effortless -- this is the first product I have found that can do both things.
For those of you looking to complete a natural look for going out... either to dinner or to work and school with a similar colouring to me and want something simple...
days... corfu & belle du jour
nights... same as above with a 'touch' of eyeliner & a little orgasm on the cheeks

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I don't usually give a bad review on NARs products because I am such a NARs fan. However I feel obligated to tell fellow MUA reviews about the terrible Corfu. I purchased Corfu under the advise of the girl @ Meccacosmetica.. apparently NARs cream eyeshadows acts as a good base for their eyeshadows... APPARENTLY it's suppose to stop your eyeshadow from creasing and make it last longer... What a load of rubbish! My NARs eyeshadows lasted longer and creased less WITHOUT this silly creameye shadow .. in fact with corfu on as a base my eyeshadow didn't even last til morning tea before it started creasing badly.. I am now too scared to purchase another NARs cream eyeshadow.. I think i'll just stick with purchasing the regular eyeshadow duos I am so fond of.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by roboticepop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not cheap, but I will say I never really purchased too much from the NARS brand. it always seemed like great quality makeup but so did MAC.. and mac is more affordable for my student with one job income. I purchased a cream shadow by NARS called corfu a few months ago.
I dont know about you but sometimes I get a bit lazy leaving for work/school early in the morning and just need a cute swipe of color that will last almost all day and look like i actually put some effort in to look good haha.

This shadow is perfect for that. It's also perfect over a MAC paint pot, giving your shadow double coverage..making it stick almost 24 hours, and giving your top shadows a nice sheen from the corfu.

Cannot say enough about this shadow. Will definitely purchase it again. I think it would look absolutely beautiful on anyone. Classy and Sexy all at the same time. Build it up for a night time look, or wear it light for a natural glow. Can also be used as a highlighter!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Priestess05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely not worth the $21 price tag. Gives lids a barely detectable bronzy, iridescent sheen. A similar effect could probably be acheived with a mixture of MAC Tempting Shadow and some Vaseline. This went right back to Sephora. Shame the contents of the cute packaging didn't live up to the build-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by mangolola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really like this product. Its a nice shimmery golden taupe color, but its not overbearing. I wear this on my whole lid without looking too dark. It's a nice mellow brown color. I do wish it had more golden flecks in it, but its nice. I havent noticed it creasing up on me yet, but i do wear a powder eyeshadow on top (NARS Voyage) and it looks great.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cream eyeshadow was such a disappointment. I, too, read all of the reviewers who said NARS cream eyeshadow creases badly but for whatever reason, I didn't listen. I purchased Corfu because it is such a beautiful color on my eyelids - a gorgeous shimmering taupe that brightens my eyes and compliments my skin tone. This beauty lasted for about 1 hour and then the shadow creased so badly that I'd have to start my eye make-up all over again. I do not have oily skin and I have never (NEVER) had a problem with other eye shadows, cream or powder, creasing like this one did. It was promptly returned to the store where I purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

So after falling in love with the NARS smokey look on the sephora site, I had to get the products to re-create the look. So i got corfu and ashes to ashes (the other colors i had dupes of in my stash already). I am so happy with corfu! Its a gorgeous sheer taupe-y nude shimmery wash of color. I layer it on top of a nude/flesh toned matte e/s. Then layer NARS ashes to ashes on top and its my HG everyday neutral look that i can vamp up and smoke it out or leave wear it alone on top of a flesh/nude e/s for a fresh natural look. I find that applying it as a layer versus a "primer" keeps this from creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by tiffyxx420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this cream eyeshadow and literally fell in love with it. It compliments any color perfectly. Especially browns, taupes, and purples. It does take a few little tricks to keep it from creasing. I definitely recommend applying it with a brush and not a finger, using a primer, and being light-handed. I love Nars packaging. Pricey but Nars is usually worth it.