September 2, 2014 | 1205 users online

Crème - Boots - No.7 Intelligent Colour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by suzeuk

Well I am surprised! Got this in medium (as part of a freebie) and as one of the reviews said it is a scarey shade. Nearly did not bother! However it was very natural.

Well it is unusual it practically slips on. The only problem is it is not very covering (I would have given it 5 stars), but I bung some cover up on the broken veins and am pleased with the result. I was trying to describe the texture - it goes kind of watery then velvety - probably not a good description but it is cetainly not thick and creamy anyway.

I would probably buy it again - especially in summer when my skin seems to be at it's best anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by kellykeith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Boots number 7 foundation drys very quickly when applying it doesnt go on very evenly and by the end of the day goes all oily

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by alasindocs

I love this product.
It goes on like a complete dream.
I agree that it's light coverage (so if you're looking it HIDE anything, pass on this) but I prefer lighter coverage. It evens my skintone out and looks lovely on me.
One thing I loved about this is it's versatility. It transitions perfectly from fading tan fall all the way through to spring (I loathe foundation in the summer)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by idontcare

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

meh pretty average product, not that great nothing terribly wrong with it. Plus points were that it doesn't give me spots, although I don't regularly wear it all over my face, and that it somehow evens out the skin tone and gives a ncie, healthy look without me being able to pinpoint how it actually shows up at all. If you think of it as a tinted moisturiser I would reccomend it but not as a foundation, especially not if you have bad skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by marie66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought it because the marketing campaign was so good and I thought it would bring some colour to my skin...crap product though, first of all, how are you supposed to shake it? it just sits on the tube! Second, it breaks you out, even now, when my skin is pretty "quiet", I gave it another go, and there they were again, irritated tiny zits in my chin and nose...and the pale tone is not pale enough. Don't waste your time. Helena Rubenstain does one that is much nicer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2005 5:30:00 AM More reviews by zebraempires1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff but use it on good skin days only 'cos the coverage is pretty sheer. It does, however, give a pretty veil of colour and evens out my skin tone. (I'm a NC30-35 so the Medium shade is perfect. I'll admit though, it does look pretty scary when you first squeeze it out - a deep, muddy brown!) Also, because I get a little oil in the T-zone area, I was worried about this smooth, silcony-feeling product turning me into a slick. Fortunately, when used with a little Mac Blot Powder, it stays put and doesn't break me out. Yay!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2005 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jezebelthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like the texture of this at all, it felt really weird under my fingers and made my face feel really greasy yet tight and itchy at the same time and I have no idea how it can manage to do both these things at the same time.
The coverage is awful, covered absolutely nothing at all yet it still managed to show up in dirty looking patches all over my face and I actually found it way too orangey and didn't think it adapted to fit my skin tone well at all, which kind of defeats the whole point of the product in the first place I think.
Maybe if you had good skin that needed very minimal evening out and you found one of the thre shades in the range suited you this would be good.
I will say it blends in pretty easily, doesn't dry that quickly unlike some foundations I have tried.
Maybe I got the wrong shade but I wouldn't really try this one again even in another shade just based on the horrible texture, the price is not that cheap for a drugstore foundation either so IMO it's really not worth it.
I wouldn't really recommend this product at all.
I have tried Lancomes Colour ID and Cliniques Perfectly Real skin tone matching foundation and was not that impressed by either but this is by far the worst of the three.
I guess I'm still on the lookout for the perfect skintone adaptive make up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2005 3:51:00 PM More reviews by diablina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so intrigued by this idea. I got a large size sample tube in a GWP from Boots. The shade said Medium, but when I squeezed some out it was chocolate brown! I am NC35 so I was confused/hesitant about how this was going to look on! I'm very adventurous, so I slapped in on anyway, and it melted right in! The texture is flawless! Feels just like the MAC "Matte" texture, if you've ever tried that. It is a lightweight silicone-base so it has that dry, velvety powder feel. The coverage is feather-light, so it works best with at least SOME concealer dotted on spots (unless you have perfect skin, in which case you wouldn't need any foundation). I feel ambivalent about this, I like it but definetely for a "casual" look. I don't like the really made-up look for my own 35 year old skin, so this is enough for me. If you want good coverage though, try something else. Will definetely use it, but don't know about buying it, it's quite expensive to import! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2005 10:35:00 AM More reviews by kittyfairie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NOOOOO! I will NEVER use this product again, even if desperate. Firstly, there are three colour shades, which are meant to adapt 'perfectly' to your skin tone, of course they dont take into account that some people have cool skin tones, some have warm. I chose medium and it was a bit too light and washed me out, I have no idea how it managed to do that as i'm nowhere near dark! Madness! I have to admit, the texture was LOVELY and the best part by far, it was very soft and velvety, and sank right in, I really wanted to like it :( .This stuff does NOT cover blemishes. I have mild to moderate acne, sometimes I get laods of tiny little bumpy spots, but this did not even cover them! As for the biggest spot on my face, leave me alone im a teenager, it did nothing to disguise it, at least it didnt make it worse, I guess, but this product is NOT worth the money for what it does.
Also, it is shocking how something of such a light and soft texture can suddenly turn so muddy and horrible to get off. I had to wash my face twice to get this off (rubbing quite hard) and still didn't get it all. DEFINETLY not for acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2004 4:29:00 PM More reviews by funky_diva501

This product is really good! Its really lightweight so it gives just a natural, even base of colour. i love 2 use it on days when im looking a little peaky, i just apply it with my finger tips and a little goes a long way. u have to make sure u shake it before u use it tho otherwise u will end up orange! mines lasted 4 over 6 months and i use it everyday! its fab!