November 26, 2014 | 1698 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice texture. I like it. Someone has to be very careful with the quantity though. The smell is very discreet, but it does not smell like chocolate to my nose. mostly like a nutty butter or so :-) all in all, i am happy to use this product. i would not rebuy it though. i'd rather try out the olive body butter next!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Body shop body butters are always very good! i like the warm/buttery/ nutty smells like the cocoa butter. (im not a fan of any fruity scents at all).
this smells FABULOUS!! its very hyrdrating and keeps my skin feeling soft and smooth.
ok so they may be a bit pricey (around 12!!) but they do last a long time and a little goes a long way. the scent lasts for ages too. i normally get mine when they are on offer.. bargain ;)
cocoa is definately my favourite one. and i will definately buy again once i finish my others! (coconut and brazil nut butters)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

mmm, such a nice smell, i got this and the vanilla duo body butter in a deal for 15 and im so glad i did. im a sucker for vanilla scents but when i smelt this i was so happy, its just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

yummy! very light cocoa fragrance. I hate cocoa butters that have the overly fake chocolate smell or overly coconut. This is a perfect balance. For dryer skin- so if you have normal skin, it may feel like it takes awhile to absorb. But great for those with super dry skin or living in dry climates like myself.

UPDATE: I'm 9 months pregnant and use this product every night, after the shower on just my belly. Its really great for that deep moisturizing to avoid the itchy skin feeling. Absorbs quickly and love the smell. I do think it would be a bit much all over the body though. I use the raspberry body butter for all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by fireyhanabi

I absolutely love this body butter. I can use it pretty much anywhere (including my face) and not worry about it irritating my skin (e.g. causing acne breakouts or worsening the eczema on my legs). It's very creamy and I don't even notice the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by BebeMolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yummy, yummy, yummy!! This smell is AMAZING, like soft cocoa puffs. I am pregnant & I just love it! I do not think this is overly greasy at all. Palmers "Tummy Butter" is super oily compared to this. I have also used Lush which I also like, but this by far seems more moisturizing & quick absorbing. Rubs right in. A very, very happy pregnant lady!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this body butter! I ADORE the chocolately-nutty scent; it's just divine. I find it much less artificial smelling than other cocoa butters e.g. Palmers. Compared to TBS' Coconut Body Butter, I find this one to be much richer even though they're both supposedly for dry to very dry skin. TBS recommends different butters for different skin types (see my link below). It takes a little while to absorb but it's worth it because it's so nourishing. As other reviewers have noted, this one has a firmer feel to it whereas some of the other TBS Body Butters melt into a more creamy texture. I've noticed that one is harder to spread and because of this, I end up using a lot using more so I've given it four lippies instead of five. Also, I tend to moisturise my whole body every time I bath or shower so I can easily end up getting through a pot per month, which is quite costly! That said, as long as I can afford it, I'll keep repurchasing because these are the best - they smell lovely and provide more than just a superficial layer of moisture on the skin. http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/content/bodybutter/bodybutter.aspx?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by heidir1028

I use it every day after i shower, it's my ritual. It leaves the best texture, the smell isn't that overwhelming, dries nicely on, I simply love it. Just make sure to close it well if not it'll dry up. I definitely recommend rubbing a good amount onto legs when you are going to wear anything short (dress, shorts, skirts) it works almost like a glow moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not crazy about the smell of this product, as I prefer unscented lotions so I can wear perfume. However, I love the texture and it's incredibly moisturizing. It is rich and creamy, but also sinks in quickly. I plan to use this a lot in the summer after days at the beach.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by rgngomez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I work in a spa, and have access to organic cocoa butter. Now, anything else smells like cheap chocolate scented plastic to me. This body butter was given as a gift to me, and I promptly returned it. The packaging is ok, it moisturizes ok, but the smell is headache inducing. This is nothing compared to the real stuff. Ugh, the spa has spoiled me.