July 28, 2014 | 1093 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Estee Super Cologne Spray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Instant headache. Sort of like the old Revlon Moon Drops scent. This is a retro scent par excellence. If you like doilies, Waldorf salad, and the Champagne Lady, this perfume is for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

PHEW! Way too strong for me! I tested this today at the perfume counter and it smells very floral and heady. SOmething my mother would like for sure, but a definate "no" for me. Yikes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 1:58:00 AM More reviews by SuburbanSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a "sleeper" of a scent. I never hear anyone mention it. This is surprising, because Estee is a delightfully wearable, sparkling daytime fragrance -- confident without being too perfumey (although it gets close to the edge). It's similar to other aldehydic florals with woodsy drydowns -- think Hermes Caleche, Guerlain Liu, or Chanel No. 5 (but without the powder). Actually, the fragrance it most resembles, to my nose, is Arpege. The initial blast is the best part of this fragrance -- the topnotes are a delight, energetic and fizzy. It morphs into a less sparkling, mossy/woodsy scent on the drydown, but remains pleasant -- and is very long lasting. Give this one a try the next time you pass an Estee Lauder counter -- you might be pleasantly surprised. But don't pay retail, whatever you do. This is readily available from online discounters and on eBay; you can get a good sized bottle of the cologne or the EDP for $15 or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 3:26:00 AM More reviews by virgodiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a unique smelling scent. I first tried it many years ago, shortly after it first came out(late 1960s). I didn't appreciate it then,I was much too young and into the 'headshop' scents of the day. But now I do appreciate Estee! It's a fruity~spicy scent in a beautiful cut glass bottle with white metal.

I enjoy it most in cold weather though. I use the Estee Pure Fragrance Spray,instead of the cologne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by susand

I love this fragrance! It reminds me of an older scent from Avon I used to wear called Unspoken. It is quite "in-your-face" when it is first applied, but mellows a bit.This fragrance takes me back in a good way, and does linger on clothing in a good way. A keeper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 4:30:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was lucky enough to receive a sample vial from the generous gardengirl in a swap.Upon 1st application it is a bit strong. My first impression was of a much softer cross (less bitchy version per say) between Youth Dew & Cinnabar. Upon drydown this really has an original soapy, spicy & woody tone with just the precise amount of possibly mandarin.On me this also reminds me a bit of my HG Signature scent Dolce & Gabbana for Women, but Estee is lacking the sexy untamed & very long lasting basil/tangerine notes of D&G for Women. Estee would be the best for those like me who don't like the new Lauder fragrances such as Pleasures & Beyond Paradise. Estee is what I'd call a sexy classic perfume. I am 27 & would rather have this fragrance than the other 'sweet' fragrances. I will purchase a full size & bath powder if available. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2004 9:14:00 AM More reviews by kaylar

I am using the Estee Super Perfume. Best described as a "powdery wood/patchouli blend"-wish the wood notes were stronger and the powder much weaker. Actually, this reminds me a lot of an ancient perfume from a defunct (and to me, much lamented) company : Woodhue, by Faberge. My older sisters had the Faberge trio packs-Woodhue, Aphrodisia, and Tigress . They passed them on to me to play dressup with when I was a child (late 1960s) and of the three, I loved Woodhue the most (though the fake tiger-skin bottle cap on Tigress had a certain appeal.) Estee Super perfume is nice, and I'll use it again, but I won't track down the powder and lotion, and I won't rebuy when this bottle is empty. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2003 7:22:00 AM More reviews by SkyCandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my signature scent since I was in high school 20 years ago. It's definitely harsh when you first put it on, (don't breathe it in directly!) BUT, when it "settles in" for a few minutes it turns into a clean, soft, soapy, warm, floral smell. This is the one fragrance that I ALWAYS get tons of compliments on when I wear it. It lasts longer than any other fragrance I have. In fact, I have a dress in my closet that I haven't worn for 6 months, I put it on the other day and could still detect a faint hint of Estee on it! Another reason I love this fragrance is because the price is definitely right.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2003 7:30:00 PM More reviews by shiraz

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very pleasant surprise! I use the pure fragrance spray, which is, I think, comparable to an edp. It goes on a little harsh,
but within minutes softens into a
beautiful, soft, gentle floral with a slight soapy note in the base. A bit of a "good girl" scent, makes a good impression... Of course, it's up to you ladies to give it a darker
side!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2003 12:49:00 PM More reviews by chamade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently discovered Estée when I read that it was similar to Chanel No. 22, one of my favorite scent. Estée has an overal soapy note with a great dry and woody base, almost like burnt wood. Estée is an unknow jewel in the Estée Lauder fragrances collection. And the price is great! Estée was the favorite scent of the Duchess of Windsor (Wallis Simpson) as she stated in one of her last interview in Elle magazine.