MAC Lustre Lipstick - Pretty Please

3.9

on 9/25/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i love this pretty shimmery pink color the only sad thing about this is the day i bought it the bullet broke so now everytime i apply it wiggles everywhere but i still love this alone or over other lipstick

on 9/25/2011 6:42:00 PM

I have extremely pigmented lips and i am always trying to find a lipstick to go under my lipgloss...note- UNDER my lipgloss. I swatched this in the store and fell in love. I am pretty pale and with a couple of swipes, this was a pretty, pale pink color, which is what I am constantly looking for. When I put this on my lips, yes, it did look a little drying. But I never wear lipstick on its own, so this isn't a problem for me. All in all,I really like this.

on 7/6/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice light pink frosty color. I like to put this on some of my darker lipsticks to add a nice sheen or to lighten a color a bit. This can also replace lipgloss for those days you don't have full on gloss, this will add just a touch of shimmery non sticky highlight. However, I don't think it's worth the price so I'm thinking of exchanging this for another color. Decent though.

on 6/30/2011 9:10:00 PM

I personally love this lipstick a lot, and I'm surprised a lot of people hate it. Yes it's sheer, and yes it's pale, but you just have to know how to use it the right way for the look your going for. Lustre finishes are probably one of my favorite finishes by MAC, especially in the lighter shades because I have fairly pigmented lips and these give just enough coverage to help tone the color down a little. It can also be built up to be much lighter though. For an every day look, I'll just dab a little bit on my lips rather than just swiping it on, and I'll finish it off with a slightly darker pink lip gloss like Nymphette. I think it looks great on me and most people that I use it on. I'm NW 20 in the winter and up to NC 35 in the summer for reference.

on 6/30/2011 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

if you like white lips buy it but if your like me and want to look alive stay away from pretty please

on 6/17/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS!!!!! I find this colour so beautiful! I'm a huge fan of light coloured lips with a bronze face, and I find this colour brightens my lips and makes them look more plump, and makes my skin tone look darker since this colour is pretty light, it's my favourite! However, the only bad thing I can say, and this is about any MAC lipstick, is that I find that I have to keep reapplying my lipstick every hour or so.

on 6/14/2011 7:28:00 AM

This is my favourite lipstick!! It looks amazing! beautiful for a natural everyday look (maybe too sheer for the night). LOVE IT!!

on 5/28/2011 4:01:00 AM

It's funny how everyone on here with a darker skin tone is saying how terrible this looks.. well just to be different, I am going to say personally i think it looks AMAZING with a tan!
I'm naturally quite pale, but often wear a fake tan when i go out. i have very dark hair and eyes and this just compliments a smokey eye something amazing.. think kim kardashian. I got a compliment on my lips the first night i wore it (male) and my best friend asked what shade i was wearing. i think this can work with most skin tones, it's all about balancing all your makeup to achieve a look to compliment it!

on 5/22/2011 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only lipstick I can say I totally regret!!!!! Just chunky cheap looking glitter on me!!

on 5/17/2011 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay, so even though I hate that the mac logo scratches off of their lippies, I don't care with this one! ( It hasn't yet, but it'd never make me think any less of this lipstick)

This is probably my favorite Mac Lipstick and a "Holy Grail" product for me.

Alot of people seem to say this lacks colour and is unflattering and complain about it's sheerness as with most lustres...

I have NC15/fair pale skin and this is so so flattering to me, but I think this will genuinely look great on fair, tan, light and dark skin tones, both cool and fair, seriously <3

I have a meduim pink pigment to my lips naturally although sometimes darker as I get dry lips from time to time...

But this shows up wonderfully on me, it looks like a pale baby pink with an almost fleshy hint to it.

It's moisturising and it can applied sheer AND can be built to an opaque coverage. It can last anything from 2-5 hours I'd say but I find most lustres can.

I always put balm on 10 mins prior to ANY lipstick no matter what finish, and it seems to work for me.

I can re apply this very easily and as often as needed (which I can't with all lipsticks)

And even if your lips are slightly dry or red or flaky, this colour helps to neutralize them and actually makes you lips moister and lush and looks very even and neat.

love love love this colour and I will be getting as many back ups of this as I can, I would buy this product again and again and again... and again!! <3

Recommended for Medium Skin