MAC Lustre in Jubilee

4.3

on 2/27/2012 9:27:00 AM

This lipstick is a great staple in my makeup bag.
It's a very neutral tan/brown color. I wouldn't say it's MLBB because for me, there's too much brown and not enough pink (I'm NW15). But I say it's a staple for two reasons:

1) It adds just a little bit of pigment to my lips without being obvious. The color is buildable to about two or three layers and with Subculture liner, it's the perfect nude lip without having concealer-lips.

and

2) It is the BEST, BEST, BEST lipstick to mute a brighter lipstick! For example, sometimes I'll wear Vegas Volt and half way through day, I won't be in the mood for bright lipstick anymore. So then I'll put one layer of Jubilee over Vegas Volt and the combination is the perfect, muted coral color. So far I've been able to use Jubilee with every bright lipstick and it works beautifully. I'd definitely repurchase.

on 1/4/2012 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I received this as my B2M free lippie. I was lucky enough to get it, because the SA said they have been out of that color for 2 weeks and they JUST got it in. I have been in the mood for a nudey-brown color and I have just been reaching for those colors the last couple of months. This is similar to half n half or taupe but a little nudier. I like it and it compliments my nc35 skin well - i pair it w/ my favorite Spice liner also by mac and it works well. Will definitely repurchase if i run out.

on 10/7/2011 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This a nice colour i am a NC40/42. This is very similar to my own lip colours so comes on very nude. i am happy with it and i wear it mainly in the day for work. It does remind me off Mac half and half this is more on the light brown side. The colour does stay on for a couple of hors then needs to be reapplied. Its moistorising.

on 10/1/2011 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is literally the EXACT same color as my lips, but I wouldn't quite call it My Lip but BETTER because it is just a tad too brown to really complement my NC25-30 skintone. Compared to Hug Me, this is a little browner, which makes all the difference. The finish/pigmentation/wear time is the same between these two but I definitely prefer to reach for Hug Me over Jubilee. Jubilee is good for smokier looks just because it is more neutral and has less pink undertones. It is semi-sheer but buildable and lasts 3 hours max on me.

on 9/12/2011 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I heart this shade. I'm a neutral makeup lover and this shade along with Clinique Tenderheart are my favourite everyday nude lipsticks. On me Jubilee is a sheer nude pink with a hint of beige- no orange or brown here. I was initally a little afraid to try this as most pink/beige toned nude lipsticks have given me the dreaded 'concealer lip' look, but this shade doesn't at all. It has no shimmer and true to its formula name, has a lustruous glossy finish. A great everyday, 'goes with anything' type of lipstick shade. Would definitely repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Such a beautiful everyday pinky-beige. I love how moisturizing this lipstick is. It doesn't collect in my lip lines and has such a nice sheen.

on 7/29/2011 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm usually a dark lip color girl, but my makeup artist used this on me for my wedding and I fell in love! A perfect nude shade, nice texture. I didn't find it particularly long-lasting, but what lipstick truly is?

on 6/26/2011 11:23:00 AM

Jubilee is a lovely lipcolor. It is a lustre and retails for 14.50$. It is a perfect MLBB shade: browned peachy pink. Universally flattering. I am NC20 and it lightens my pigmented lips without making me look dead. Very subtle. Nice moisturizing, glossy finish. Will definitely buy again.:)

on 5/17/2011 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipstick. This was probably my first nude lipstick that i purchased a looong time ago. Someone actually helped me pick it out at MAC & at first I wasn't using it as much but one day found it in my stash & tried it on & i fell in love with it! It's my perfect nude lipstick for my skin tone. It's not too light that it washes me out & makes me look dead. It's just perfect, almost the same shade as my lip color but it gives it more of a glossy look. I have purchased a bunch of nude lipsticks at MAC & this one def is my favorite one! My to go lipstick, holy grail & I have 3 back ups of this shade because I'm afraid it might get discontinued, lol.

I'm not particularly fond of Lustre finish lipsticks from MAC, but after trying on Jubilee from the counter, I liked how it was a shiny kind of nude. Jubilee on its own looks great under good lighting, but otherwise it kind of looked dead on me (I'm an NC25-30). I was afraid that I got the wrong shade, (I wanted Blankety, but the store didn't have it) because it was quite sheer, the pigmentation seemed more to me like a gloss.

BUT! I found a way to make it work perfectly with my lips. I fill in my lips first with NYX Natural lipliner and top it off with Jubilee, and it looks amazing. Mostly brown/peach with a hint of gold. And because it's sheer the mauve from the lipliner comes through, making it a perfect dark nude for wearing to serious occasions like interviews and meetings.

So glad I didn't give up on this one :) I thought I'd only like Amplified and Stain finishes from MAC :)

I won't buy it again right away though, I'll have to try Blankety and Creme Cup first.

Popular Lipsticks