April 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Sophiavor22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

this is a good blotting powder or touch up powder during the day. this is a very sheer powder it doesn't give any kind of coverage. the price is 24$ at nordstrom or mac store. the product comes in a black powder case with silver lettering and a puff and decent mirror. i like coverage in my powders so i wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by dalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this thing over 10+ times and it does a fair job of setting my liquid foundation, but if you need a little more coverage over your foundation, this product is not it. It does say it is a sheer powder, so don't expect any coverge..For the price and performance, it is not really worth your money..other powders can set ur foundation for cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Liliaceae2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder isn't bad, it's just not worth its price. I don't wear foundation at all, only a concealer when I think it's necessary, so maybe that's why it looks way too powdery on my face and highlights every little piece of dry skin. I've got this on NC5, the lightest shade, and honestly the only reason why I bought it is because it's the only powder that's ever got close to matching my chest's skin tone, even if it's still a little bit too dark. I wouldn't buy it again if I ever hit the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Originally, I had this in my bag as my touch up powder. Recently, I've started using it more. I sometimes wear it with nothing but lip-gloss and I get compliments on my skin. I also use it as a setting powder with BB creams and it looks great that way too. This is a great powder without the dry feel that pressed powders can give to drier skin types. I love the coverage as it is perfect for me. This is my favorite MAC product. For reference, I use NW 20 as my color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using this pressed power (NW20) for years now. A compact of this stuff lasts forever, although I only use it in my t-zone during the day to give a more matte finish. So it's a touch up kind of thing for me, not something that is part of my daily routine. I use a BB in the morning and MAC pressed power a few times over the course of the day. I don't find it drying and it matches my skin color perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, I know it's supponsed to be sheer... but the coverage of this is just too poor. It also doesn't mattify well and may oxydize a little. I have it in NW20, and I think it's a little darker than other MAC products of the same shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by theleia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Third or fourth repurchase. I've lost count. Jet-milled, super fine matte powder that perfects what my foundation cannot perfect, and doesn't settle into the creases under my eyes. Slight coverage. Even when I get oily during the day, this keeps me from looking like a greaseball.

Ten times better than MAC studiocare, which has a grittier texture. Also, some pressed powders/foundations have the tendency to settle obviously into pores when the skin gets oily. This does not do that at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG powder. I use it as my foundation, with primer underneath. I adore that it is a sheer powder because I have nothing that I wish to conceal and I like my freckles to show, but I need a mattifying and smoothing effect. And that is exactly what this product gives me! I use Too Faced Primed & Poreless, followed by two light layers of this, buffed on with my big MAC buffer brush (I forget the number but its the short, fat, kabuki-style one), then concealer underneath my eyes and primer on my eyelids. I have a flawless complexion that stays matte and in-place all day. Colour selection is fantastic (I'm NC45 and mineral powders tend to make me look orange-y and sometimes a bit on the shiny side while traditional powders come right off). Thumbs up for Sheer Pressed Powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this to replace my Benefit Hello, Flawless. I needed a different color by mid-summer (Benefit's range is pretty slim), and MAC was a bit cheaper. I ended up with NC45 (I should note that this is probably the only MAC product in which I would need NC45--I'm not that dark, usually, even with a tan). I have used this with a kabuki to finish off my face makeup (liquid foundation and concealer), but lately, I've been using a lighter dusting of this powder with a regular, large powder brush. It does help to blend out my makeup and give me more of a matte finish, but it doesn't prolong oil breakthrough. I used it yesterday with just a bit of concealer, and while it certainly didn't cover much of my acne scarring completely, it did help blur those marks out a bit more than I'd expected. It faded pretty quickly, though, but I should note that I also didn't use a primer (which I typically do on full makeup days).

Overall, this is a decent powder if you just need a little extra setting in the mornings or for touch-ups during the day, but I'll probably try to find one that helps more with my oily skin after I finish this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by stls

I have repurchased many times. It's a very decent powder that doesn't break me out. I used it to set foundation but not any more because I don't want to add more color. So, the best way for me is to use this one over concealer for the lazy days since it provides light coverage and mattifies. I keep buying select sheer for that purpose.
Downsides: if you keep adding powder the colour gets deeper and unnatural (but this could happened because of wrong color match too). It can end up cackey too and doesn't keep oil at a bay for long on its own.