September 2, 2014 | 1938 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - One-Step Facial Cleanser (with Orange extract)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my...this smells divine. I use this cleanser in the morning. It has just the right amount of scrub to gently exfoliate my skin and of course leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. Just wonderful :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by maashi

I had to give this a middle of the road review... not sure what to make of it.
The smell is FANTASTIC, absolutely love it! BUT -
1. it does not take all my makeup off, not even after 8 hrs of wear, when in theory a lot of it would have worn off. (FYI I had Stila Pivotal Skin foundation and MAC blot powder on. My skin is fairly oily.) Thank goodness I was jumping into the shower anyway so could further cleanse.
2. It does leave a nice feeling afterwards, but I am not sure if it is also a not-totally-cleansed feeling.
3. I used it for the 2nd time today, and afterwards I felt a tingle on parts of my face, not sure if it is an allergic reaction. Will update if I do get a reaction.
So far I'll give it a so-so because I prefer proper cleansers...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by t2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite product. I use it in the evening to remove makeup. U have to shake the bottle, put it over a cotton pad and dub it over your face gently. no need to rinse it off. I u see the cotton pad is realy dirty the repeat this process again till the pad is clean. usally 1-2 times is enough for me (depending if u have heavy makeup or not). when u finish u can turn the pad the other side and dab it over your face or if you feel oily take a tissue and absorbe gently the oiliness from the face. excelent prodcut

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Beebz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser was recommended to my by my local Clarins counter for my skin type (combination with an oily T-zone and slightly acne prone). I used it at night for the first time and the first thing I liked about it immediatley was the smell! Its a lovely, light orangey smell that makes you want to keep sniffing the bottle! However, that was probably the only major plus point I found with this cleanser... unfortunatley.

I wasn't wearing much make-up, yet I used about 7 cotton wool pads to get it all off! This despite the fact that I was told it was oil-based so would remove all my make-up very easily... Thought it did indeed get it all off (eventually), it was too much work for me. I suppose I'm more of a facewash-cleanser person, so for people like me, this is a major negative feature of this cleanser...

Afterwards, my skin did feel nice and soft to touch... it didn't strip my skin in any way and was gentle. However, I felt like I wasn't done or as if I had to do something else to "complete" my cleansing regime. I've never felt the need to tone, and with this cleanser I definitley did. Though my skin felt nice/soft, it didn't feel clean enough...

Advertised as a great cleanser "to travel with", I'm not sure I can agree with that as it was far too much work! When travelling, you need something quick and easy... and I need that regardless of whether I'm travelling or not! So unfortunatley the gorgeous smell is not enough for me to justify spending money on this cleanser again...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by shireenns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser but times are tough. Does anyone know a less expensive duplicate for it? Or anywhere to purchase it for a steep discount? It's definitely my favorite cleanser but I can't spend this money right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin but it still makes my skin feel so soft and leaves it oil-free for about 7 hours. I think it is worth the money and the drive to sephora. Definately will be a new regular in bathroom!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Sushischnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser! Nice feeling after cleansing, skin is very soft an looks healthy. It's expensive, but worth every cent! Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very expensive for a cleanser, but awesome effects - cleans out my pores, gets rid of makeup, exfoliates - definitely leaves my skin looking brighter and feeling smoother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by lueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this cleanser by accident when buying a set of Clarins skincare products I was reaching for the Gentle Cleansing Water and somehow took this instead. While i was hugely dissapointed at first for I had ended up with two cleansers (the other one being Pure Melt Cleansing Gel) and no toner, this is starting to convince me. I generally like cleansers that have to be rinsed off, but lately I'm beginning to change my mind, because it's so convenient and fast, and the best part is that this cleanser cleanses perfectly well. I find the smell quite strong and somewhat medical and each time I cleanse my face I'm actually surprised that this doesn't irritate my super-sensitive skin (mind that it doesn't soothe it anyhow as well). I don't like the oiliness just after you've finished cleansing but then the fine oily layer dissaperars quite quickly. Might repurchase in future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loooove cleansing waters and am now so over milky or rinse-off cleansers, so when I found my Lancome Eau de Bienfait was becoming too drying after I hit my thirties, I looked around for a less drying cleansing water. I finally decided to try this out and am so far loving it! I'm finding that you use a lot of product with this, and you have to dab your face afterwards with tissue to remove excess, but I couldn't believe how great my skin looked after the very first application. You mix it up and apply with cotton wool and the oils dissolve all make up immediately. And also, this may sound gross but I couldn't help notice how the oils helped with, er, extractions. If you know what I mean. That was unexpected! My nose looks amazing now, and indeed all my pores look tiny. The best thing is that I go to bed without any tight feeling. It leaves skin soft and plump. Not crazy on the "orange" smell which is the fakest scent ever, but it's not that strong so I don't really care. I'll definately rebuy. EDIT: Have taken lippies off for price and packaging - too much comes out in one go so you just speed through the bottle! And it's too expensive to be buying every month or so. Am looking for some cheaper alternative, which is a shame, as it's a great product.