December 21, 2014 | 953 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - One-Step Facial Cleanser (with Orange extract)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Cosmetalogical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice product, I like the mix of water and oil and it is effective at make up removal although I wouldn't use it to take off eye make up. The fragrance is nice but strong and its irritating my skin, this is why I cannot use this again. More mature skins may get on with this better due to the oily film it leaves on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by HeatherSung

I love this new formula. With 2 cotton pads, it removes my full waterproof makeup and stubborn waterproof mascara without stinging. The orange extracts perk me up. My face feels moisturised and cleansed. Despite the half oil - water formula, it does not leave a cloudy film in my eyes. I would say, the "oil" component is so light that i would have thought that the formula is oil free.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by cheathamk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is NOT the one to use if you want that "squeeky clean" feel on your face, That said, I found it very useful when I went on a trip to Bolivia and in the high altitude where I was, it was a perfect way to take off my makeup, cleanse my face and not leave it totally dried out. I would definitely buy again, and use in the winter when even my oily skin gets dry or for travel at as a quick "pick me up" refresher for my face. I applied it with DHC silky cotton pads, so I felt like I didn't waste much product and I used every last drop. Like most Clarins skincare, I fell in love with the scent! It makes a great companion to the One Step Exfoliating Cleanser, and the only reason I have not repurchased so far is the price. It's more an indulgence than a necessity for me right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my...this smells divine. I use this cleanser in the morning. It has just the right amount of scrub to gently exfoliate my skin and of course leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. Just wonderful :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by maashi

I had to give this a middle of the road review... not sure what to make of it.
The smell is FANTASTIC, absolutely love it! BUT -
1. it does not take all my makeup off, not even after 8 hrs of wear, when in theory a lot of it would have worn off. (FYI I had Stila Pivotal Skin foundation and MAC blot powder on. My skin is fairly oily.) Thank goodness I was jumping into the shower anyway so could further cleanse.
2. It does leave a nice feeling afterwards, but I am not sure if it is also a not-totally-cleansed feeling.
3. I used it for the 2nd time today, and afterwards I felt a tingle on parts of my face, not sure if it is an allergic reaction. Will update if I do get a reaction.
So far I'll give it a so-so because I prefer proper cleansers...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by t2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite product. I use it in the evening to remove makeup. U have to shake the bottle, put it over a cotton pad and dub it over your face gently. no need to rinse it off. I u see the cotton pad is realy dirty the repeat this process again till the pad is clean. usally 1-2 times is enough for me (depending if u have heavy makeup or not). when u finish u can turn the pad the other side and dab it over your face or if you feel oily take a tissue and absorbe gently the oiliness from the face. excelent prodcut

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Beebz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser was recommended to my by my local Clarins counter for my skin type (combination with an oily T-zone and slightly acne prone). I used it at night for the first time and the first thing I liked about it immediatley was the smell! Its a lovely, light orangey smell that makes you want to keep sniffing the bottle! However, that was probably the only major plus point I found with this cleanser... unfortunatley.

I wasn't wearing much make-up, yet I used about 7 cotton wool pads to get it all off! This despite the fact that I was told it was oil-based so would remove all my make-up very easily... Thought it did indeed get it all off (eventually), it was too much work for me. I suppose I'm more of a facewash-cleanser person, so for people like me, this is a major negative feature of this cleanser...

Afterwards, my skin did feel nice and soft to touch... it didn't strip my skin in any way and was gentle. However, I felt like I wasn't done or as if I had to do something else to "complete" my cleansing regime. I've never felt the need to tone, and with this cleanser I definitley did. Though my skin felt nice/soft, it didn't feel clean enough...

Advertised as a great cleanser "to travel with", I'm not sure I can agree with that as it was far too much work! When travelling, you need something quick and easy... and I need that regardless of whether I'm travelling or not! So unfortunatley the gorgeous smell is not enough for me to justify spending money on this cleanser again...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by shireenns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser but times are tough. Does anyone know a less expensive duplicate for it? Or anywhere to purchase it for a steep discount? It's definitely my favorite cleanser but I can't spend this money right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin but it still makes my skin feel so soft and leaves it oil-free for about 7 hours. I think it is worth the money and the drive to sephora. Definately will be a new regular in bathroom!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Sushischnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser! Nice feeling after cleansing, skin is very soft an looks healthy. It's expensive, but worth every cent! Would buy again!