September 17, 2014 | 1735 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Aichina

I have normal hair but it's colour-treated so sometimes it feels a bit dry. I usually spend a lot on conditioners and I got this one because it was super cheap (Ä3, which is like... $4 I think!) and I was intrigued by the scent. I am LOVING this. The scent is just plain amazing: banana, cocunut, fruity and gourmand. I just wish it would linger a bit longer.
I leaves my hair soft and shiny just like my other conditioners, that usually cost a lot more. I love the texture and smell and will definitely repurchase, especially since it's quite cheap here. It's no miracle worker, but if your hair is not very damaged I think it's great.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by joc267

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Retails: $18AUD each bottle in Australia.

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for about a month now and straight up: not worth buying.

The smell is fantastic. It is the banana fruit smell and not the artificial banana candy smell (much to my disappointment actually, but I still like it). However, when my hair dried and I went out a few of my friends said my hair smells like coconut, not banana.

The conditioner did make my hair feel smooth when wet but when it dried my hair didnít look spectacular. I find that I get best results if I blow dry it, smoothing down my hair shafts; but I donít want to do this everyday.
I have long hair so this might just be my problem but I find that my hair tangles a lot more than usual after a few hours of washing it.
As advised by a review on this website I used a tiny bit of the conditioner as a leave in conditioner after towel drying my hair. It did help de-tangle and didn't make my hair look dull once dried (as some rinse off conditioner can).

Honestly $36AUD for the shampoo and conditioner is a complete waste of money. My expectations of these two products werenít high to begin with as well! I only bought it because they smell delicious and I have always been curious if The Body Shop hair products were any good. I have used way cheaper supermarket brands and I get the same and/or better results, as well as better and longer lasting smelling hair.

I would not recommend this product unless you like the smell and want to try it out for yourself. 3 out of 5 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I like it! It makes my hair feel really soft after using it, although after awhile my hair gets used to it and then the effects just plateau. But I suppose thats inevitable for any product. Definitely worth giving a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have gone through two bottles of this stuff in the past couple months after trying it out a few years ago. I have to say that the smell is amaazing and totally gets complimented on by the opposite gender ;) What I like is that it doesn't contain anything gunky or unnatural and it does a pretty good job of providing moisture to my hair. Even though I have extremely fine but thick hair I love dense conditioners, even though they are too heavy for my hair. This is not dense, so I used to be unsatisfied with it, but now I understand that this is just what my hair needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

What a terrific conditioner! Not only it smells amazingly fruity, but it leaves my hair SO super soft and healthy! Since a long time, I've changed many shampoos but this has been the only conditioner I've used. My hair is fairly thick, normal and reaches my back and this conditioner leaves them incredibly soft, nourished and detangled. I've already stocked up just in case TBS plans to discontinue it, which will be heart breaking for me. For sure my Holy Grail conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Meisie100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Brought this yesterday as liked the idea no sulphates, protein or cones. I try to do the CG method but do use a low poo to wash once a week. Currently no product on hair. So I was a bit miffed that the conditioner lathered?????? So I do feel I have just shampooed (low poo) and that's it! Will update if my view changes over next few 'washes' I might try it as the co-wash in my CG method, unless people say they never had lather and I will check I haven't got the shampoo in the conditioner bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Wow! I tried this conditioner back in the 1990s and to paraphrase Paula Begoun, it was definitely "not a conditioner." It smelled great- but basically did nothing at all to condition hair (imagine smearing liquified banana pulp through your hair, then trying to get a comb through it!). 8-O

Well, since The Body Shop reintroduced the Banana shampoo (which was always great and still is) and conditioner, I decided to give the conditioner another shot. I was a bit wary- but boy, I'm glad I did! This conditioner has been reformulated and is now fantastic, even on my thick, coarse, curly hair. I don't know what changed in the formula, but they managed to keep banana as the SECOND ingredient. It has the same wonderful natural banana scent (a tad "spicier" than the shampoo's scent) but the conditioner now has a wonderful slippery feel that seems to "sink" into my hair and allows me to comb thru wet knots and tangles with ease, even on a 2nd or 3rd-day washing. If you've never ventured into The Body Shop for your hair-care needs, I highly recommend the banana line! ******
UPDATE April 2013: They've now included Honey in the ingredients, which is a great addition and enhances an already great formula!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Like in my other review for the shampoo, I wasn't impressed initially. But I got over that and my hair really likes this. I love that it is protein free and cone free, something that is very hard to find especially when you are also looking for conditioning qualities.

The smell is banana, but to me its not fresh banana its kind of like a play doh banana. Doesn't bother me and I look forward to using this with the shampoo every time I shower. It does make my hair soft and shiny, not heavy weighed down. I just recently ran out and I am going to go and stock up soon!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Evelyn79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent conditioner. I also like the fact that it really has banana in it (second on the ingredient list!), not just the fragrance. I just love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lovetosparkle

I was attracted to this product because of the smell. It has a strong, delicious banana scent, but does not leave my hair smelling like bananas. Here are my pros and cons of this conditioner:

Pros
- beautiful scent
- reasonably priced and although the bottle is not that big, it has lasted me a long time
- not tested on animals :)

Cons
- bad packaging: the conditioner is fairly thick and it is hard to squeeze out of the bottle. I had to store it upside down to solve this.
- not a miracle conditioner: hydrated my normal hair, but did not make it overly soft

Overall, I am happy that I tried this product out, but my new salon conditioner works much better on my hair.