October 30, 2014 | 1657 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Voyage

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by konfetka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a truly great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Ladyblackwulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always wondered why this item was always $$$ holding it in my hands I now know why the compact has a nice solid weight to it, and is very well made, as for the product..i already love it, i use Meteorites at home as the final touch to my make up for my workday or just for a bit of a "glow" during my weekends

Now I have the compact perfect for touch up when i go home from work or out on a date

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by misstayva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel this product is far too expensive... yet I had to have it. The packaging is indeed lovely, and I got the refill at a steal for $28. I love toting this thing around 'cos it makes me feel like some top-notch glamour queen. I hadn't treated myself to any high-end stuff in a while and was feeling like crap when I bought it. I love Guerlain so I figured I had to have this... but still, a part of me is wondering why I spent so much on this. If anything, Guerlain is laughing all the way to the bank, giggling at all the nitwits who spent the dosh on this compact.
It's definitely more matte in formula than the traditional Meteorites. It has the tendency, however, to look ashy if over-applied or if applied on dark skin. The major pain is having to carry an extra brush or puff to apply this stuff. I'd recommend staying away from the Meteorites brush-- what a scratchy piece of crap!
I dunno, I'm on the fence about this one. I reserve it for special occasions and use Physician's Formula Multi-Coloured Highlighter compact for every day use (it looks exactly the same). If you don't want to shell out the dosh for this, buy the cheap d/s one. The only difference, really, is the look of the compacts (and the PF formula comes with a nice, soft little brush).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NW 20. I would give this product five lippies i it wasn't for the outrageous price of this. Do I think it is ok to splurge on a product to treat yourself? To pay an insanely high price or a product that gives you a feeling of luxury? Absolutely. Do I think this product lives up to the expectations? Not really. Yes, the powder is nice. I love how it evens out the color in my sometimes ruddy skin. it is not really mattifying but it does set fdnt and gives you a nice and healtyh look. Since this is the matte version of the Mythics meteorites, you don't really get that "glow" everybody associates with Guerlain Meteorites. It is by FAR not as finely milled as many DRUGSTORE powders I know. Come on, Guerlain, you can do better. I take one lippy off for that. I take off another lippy for how TACKY the packaging looks. I know I know, it is supposed to be gold coated etc... but if you showed it to someone who doesn't know that... I doubt they'd be wowed by how it looks. Considering that compact costs about $100 (since the whole thing costs $150 and a powder refill around $50), I can't say the price is justified (I am glad I got mine for $60 on sale) at ALL. Also, I think the violet scent might be a problem with people who react to fragranced products. Personally I LOVE the sceent thought. So all in all... I am not wowed. It IS nice but not THAT nice. I wouldn't even rebuy it if I saw it on sale somewhere.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

I really like this product and I want to say that I would buy it again but it's just too expensive. I like the effect that it gives (kind of like a soft focus glow to the skin) and the scent is pleasing but not overpowering. I have a friend who has said that Physician's Formula makes a comparable product which I have yet to try but I find it hard to believe that a brand you could find at a drugstore would impart the same effect that Guerlain Meteorites Voyage does (but if it could, then great!) Meteorites does lend quite a lovely radiance to the skin so if you have some money to burn, go for this splurge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Ammit

For a face powder this is seriously expensive. I was very lucky though because I managed to get my hands on a refill on a MINI meteorites voyage. I never even knew that mini ones existed for the pressed powder! For a normal sized refill it costs 40, with the compact 98, but the mini one only cost me 26 which I was prepared to pay. I went in to look at the ball versions but they didn't have the colour i wanted and luckily they had this instead which is slightly more travel friendly.

I would dearly like to get my hands on a compact to go with it but I don't think that forking out such a lot for a compact is a good thing. Maybe I will someday who knows...they are achingly beautiful after all and would last you for a lifetime instead of throwing compacts away constantly.
I got the powder in mythic, i love the colours very much and my mum gave me a gold antique compact that she's had for years to put the powder in which was a score.

The powder itself smells just like Parma Violets which happens to be one of my favourite childhood candies so it is actually really nice for me although others have said they hate it.
On application this powder does give you that soft focus look everyone has been talking about and it does give you a glow as well but to be honest nothing over the top special. This has very fine shimmer in it as well which is nice and doesn't leave you looking overly sparkly.

I'd say overall this powder is gorgeous, it's got a very unique charm to it and along with the fragrance, colours and design it makes applying your powder a bit more special on dull grey mornings. I would have paid 26 for a bog standard flesh coloured powder in any case so to pay that for this uber cool stuff is something i'm more than happy to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jgar

I love the Guerlain meteorites, but they do not travel well. So instead I bought the refill compact (not the case) and bought a case at shiseido for $10 (the luminizing powder case which comes with a great little brush). The powder fits easily into the case, just slap a little rubber cement on the bottom of the compact to secure, and you're good to go!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This beautiful compact comes with solid powder in mytic. This is great for all skin types and tones. Some asians want lighter skin and I'm totally one of those. Although my skin is pretty light to begin with, I found this powder gave my skin a nice clean look without the yellow undertone. The powder comes in a combination of green, gold, white, pink, pearl and mavue. The green tones down any redness, the white lightens the skin, the pink gives skin a healthy glow, the gold and pearl creates highlights and brightens the skin. This is a very expensive compact, but it's a great addition to any collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 3:11:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! The secret is in the color spheres: Mauve attracts light, green tones down redness, pink imparts a healthy glow, gold and pearl create highlights, and white brightens. I apply it over my foundation. As someone who always seems to having trouble picking the right color match for my skin, this product relieves me of that decision and does what it says it will: brighten and provide the skin with a veil of perfection. I like this much better than BE Mineral Veil which seems to make me look pasty white no matter how little or which color I use and that defeats the purpose of a finishing powder. The packaging is beautiful and the compact is sturdy and will last forever. Refills are available so you only need to pay the big bucks for the compact once though these refills are getting harder and harder to find. That said, however, this lasts forever. I will definitely repurchase when and if mine ever runs out even though it is so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Anmol

DH just bought this for me from Asia and I am so happy that he did. It does impart a certain glow. It really evens out skintone and I personally don't mind the scent. I use a fluffy brush to apply it as a finishing powder and it makes my skin look great for hours. I am glad this set includes 2 refills, because I have been using this everyday since I've gotten it. I would repurchase this, even with its hefty price tag. I just wish it came with a nice small purse brush.