July 31, 2014 | 1016 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Voyage

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NW 20. I would give this product five lippies i it wasn't for the outrageous price of this. Do I think it is ok to splurge on a product to treat yourself? To pay an insanely high price or a product that gives you a feeling of luxury? Absolutely. Do I think this product lives up to the expectations? Not really. Yes, the powder is nice. I love how it evens out the color in my sometimes ruddy skin. it is not really mattifying but it does set fdnt and gives you a nice and healtyh look. Since this is the matte version of the Mythics meteorites, you don't really get that "glow" everybody associates with Guerlain Meteorites. It is by FAR not as finely milled as many DRUGSTORE powders I know. Come on, Guerlain, you can do better. I take one lippy off for that. I take off another lippy for how TACKY the packaging looks. I know I know, it is supposed to be gold coated etc... but if you showed it to someone who doesn't know that... I doubt they'd be wowed by how it looks. Considering that compact costs about $100 (since the whole thing costs $150 and a powder refill around $50), I can't say the price is justified (I am glad I got mine for $60 on sale) at ALL. Also, I think the violet scent might be a problem with people who react to fragranced products. Personally I LOVE the sceent thought. So all in all... I am not wowed. It IS nice but not THAT nice. I wouldn't even rebuy it if I saw it on sale somewhere.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

I really like this product and I want to say that I would buy it again but it's just too expensive. I like the effect that it gives (kind of like a soft focus glow to the skin) and the scent is pleasing but not overpowering. I have a friend who has said that Physician's Formula makes a comparable product which I have yet to try but I find it hard to believe that a brand you could find at a drugstore would impart the same effect that Guerlain Meteorites Voyage does (but if it could, then great!) Meteorites does lend quite a lovely radiance to the skin so if you have some money to burn, go for this splurge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Ammit

For a face powder this is seriously expensive. I was very lucky though because I managed to get my hands on a refill on a MINI meteorites voyage. I never even knew that mini ones existed for the pressed powder! For a normal sized refill it costs £40, with the compact £98, but the mini one only cost me £26 which I was prepared to pay. I went in to look at the ball versions but they didn't have the colour i wanted and luckily they had this instead which is slightly more travel friendly.

I would dearly like to get my hands on a compact to go with it but I don't think that forking out such a lot for a compact is a good thing. Maybe I will someday who knows...they are achingly beautiful after all and would last you for a lifetime instead of throwing compacts away constantly.
I got the powder in mythic, i love the colours very much and my mum gave me a gold antique compact that she's had for years to put the powder in which was a score.

The powder itself smells just like Parma Violets which happens to be one of my favourite childhood candies so it is actually really nice for me although others have said they hate it.
On application this powder does give you that soft focus look everyone has been talking about and it does give you a glow as well but to be honest nothing over the top special. This has very fine shimmer in it as well which is nice and doesn't leave you looking overly sparkly.

I'd say overall this powder is gorgeous, it's got a very unique charm to it and along with the fragrance, colours and design it makes applying your powder a bit more special on dull grey mornings. I would have paid £26 for a bog standard flesh coloured powder in any case so to pay that for this uber cool stuff is something i'm more than happy to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jgar

I love the Guerlain meteorites, but they do not travel well. So instead I bought the refill compact (not the case) and bought a case at shiseido for $10 (the luminizing powder case which comes with a great little brush). The powder fits easily into the case, just slap a little rubber cement on the bottom of the compact to secure, and you're good to go!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This beautiful compact comes with solid powder in mytic. This is great for all skin types and tones. Some asians want lighter skin and I'm totally one of those. Although my skin is pretty light to begin with, I found this powder gave my skin a nice clean look without the yellow undertone. The powder comes in a combination of green, gold, white, pink, pearl and mavue. The green tones down any redness, the white lightens the skin, the pink gives skin a healthy glow, the gold and pearl creates highlights and brightens the skin. This is a very expensive compact, but it's a great addition to any collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 3:11:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! The secret is in the color spheres: Mauve attracts light, green tones down redness, pink imparts a healthy glow, gold and pearl create highlights, and white brightens. I apply it over my foundation. As someone who always seems to having trouble picking the right color match for my skin, this product relieves me of that decision and does what it says it will: brighten and provide the skin with a veil of perfection. I like this much better than BE Mineral Veil which seems to make me look pasty white no matter how little or which color I use and that defeats the purpose of a finishing powder. The packaging is beautiful and the compact is sturdy and will last forever. Refills are available so you only need to pay the big bucks for the compact once though these refills are getting harder and harder to find. That said, however, this lasts forever. I will definitely repurchase when and if mine ever runs out even though it is so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Anmol

DH just bought this for me from Asia and I am so happy that he did. It does impart a certain glow. It really evens out skintone and I personally don't mind the scent. I use a fluffy brush to apply it as a finishing powder and it makes my skin look great for hours. I am glad this set includes 2 refills, because I have been using this everyday since I've gotten it. I would repurchase this, even with its hefty price tag. I just wish it came with a nice small purse brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 8:05:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

Thank goodness I got the casing free - it made the pressed powder itself so much more affordable. Pros: Helps tone down shiny nose yet give face a nice soft glow. Lovely scent. Beautiful casing. Cons: Casing is HEAVY. Must carry extra brush. Expensive. In short, the finish is nice but I'd like to find a cheaper alternative. Meanwhile, will say that I will repurchase but only if I can't find a good alternative.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So everyone always praises the meteorites and MUA is not going to be a fan of me for doing this, but I’m going to poopoo them. This product has been the most expensive makeup purchase mistakes I’ve ever made. Granted, it’s not *bad* just totally not worth the money.

Overall, I’m obviously unimpressed. You would think that for your $150ish dollars for the compact or $50ish for the refill, you were getting some kind of miracle in powder form. This couldn’t be further from the truth. I feel like for the most part, people have been duped into praising this because it’s by *Guerlain*. Why did I pay so much for a product that does so little?! Of course I didn’t expect to see a huge difference, but I did expect that I would be able to notice some kind of effect, even if no one else would. I suppose there’s a small “soft focus” look...but not enough to warrant the praise that this has received. As far as looking “luminious”, there hundreds of products on the market that can create this look in addition to the “soft focus” effect. There is also no oil control in this at all. I believe if this product was by a drug store brand and came in an ugly compact, people’s opinion of this would be quite different. I prefer the loose balls version vs the pressed for the subtle micro-shimmers, but the pressed is certainly easier to apply. Which reminds me...there’s no room in the compact for a puff. That’s right ladies, you must carry around a brush with you, separate from the compact. All that money on a rather gaudy gold compact that you can’t fit an applicator into. (Although I have to admit, the special edition compacts in different colors are more desirable to me.) You can however, drop your $50 and put the refill into a compact by another brand. My advice is save your money and by some good quality mineral makeup which will give you a gorgeous soft-focus, ethereal look, will be less expensive, control oil and will be good for your skin. Sorry Guerlain, this is a low-rate product in elaborate packaging and a very expensive price tag...totally not worth it. P.S. You may want to try Givenchy’s Prisme Again face powders or Shiseido’s luminizing face powder for a similar effect at a lower price.

Not a chance that I’d buy this again...in loose or pressed form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 5:23:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Yes, this does gives me a luminous glow altho I don't see any shimmer at all. I love the smell (fortunately). I find that I hardly need to touch up when I use this. Coverage is buildable and because of this I have to be careful not to overload this as it does make me look a little ashy (i'm a little tan) if I put on more than 2 layers. Just a light hand all over my face and neck will do. Surprisingly it does control the oilies on my forehead and nose altho I'm more of dry/dehydrated skin. Lovely and I have no regrets splurging on this.