April 17, 2014 | 1362 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesnt reduce dark eye circles. It only moisturizers but even that doesnt last very long. Im not buying it again in the hopes that theres a better eye cream out there. I will finish the tube though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Kikuri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's good, but I was expecting it will reduce the lines under my eyes. But it did make my eyes soft, and look more awake. :) Just be careful to get it in your eyes, it stings in mine, and a little blurry, but it will go away after a few minutes. I'll probably buy it again but maybe after I find something that effectively reduce or made the lines under my eyes disappear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish I could give this a 3.5 as it's really a little better than a 3. I am in my late 40s and I don't expect miracles from any eye cream. This product says it will moisturize, reduce bags and reduce dark circles. As I expected, it did nothing to reduce bags, but neither has anything else I tried, so I didn't get too mad about it. (I don't have a big problem with dark circles, so I can't speak to that.) What I like: It has a nice texture (not too watery, not too oily or greasy), absorbs quickly, and has no detectable scent. I also like the compact, hygienic tube--and I love the pale pink color. What I didn't like: At $17 normally I feel this is a bit costly, although I guess that's really par for the course for even drugstore eye cream these days.

Overall, I am very happy with this product. It does a nice job at moisturizing, without being TOO emollient. Some creams that are very thick actually seem to exacerbate my undereye bags, while this one did not. I typically use this in the daytime and a heavier cream at night. This one is good under makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Oldie49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It may be aged related, but I find this product provides good hydration. I like that it contains skin rejuvenating Vitamin E.
I have used it for about 3-4 years and will continue to buy it.
It may be part of the reason that I often hear that I don't look my age.
I also like Clinique "All About Eyes" which I use after the Vitamin E eye cream from the Body Shop.
I think the combination is effective on this 62-year old.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by moonwave11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first eye cream and one that my friend recommended me so I decided to splurge and purchase this ($20 is expensive for a normal drugstore products girl). It worked AMAZINGLY for about a week. My boyfriend even commented on how my eyes seemed brighter because my under eye circles disappeared literally within 3 days after I first used it. Sadly, whatever the magic was that happened didn't last long and after about a week, my dark circles and bags returned overnight. The cream was moisturizing and it smelled nice but I'd trade it for one that continues to work for a longer period of time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by windson2279

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I felt like i wasted my money. The lady at the store told me it would help with my very dark and dry under eyes and hydrate. It really dissappointed me. First off, it irritated my eyes and eye area, i do have sensitive skin so that may have been why. After putting it on the natural thing to do is rubbing it in..whenever i tried doing that it would begin peeling in white residue (like how eraser shavings look) it was bizarre and my eyes felt irritated and dried. I have stopped using if because of zero results and irritation. I do not recommend this to anyone, especially people with dry and sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

This is the best eye cream I even tried. I have tried from drug store brands to high end brands. This is good value for money and hydrates my eye area well. Like what some reviews here said. It does not lightens dark under eye or firm up skin. Just very basic hydration only. I guess nothing in the market can do it, just need to rest more, be gentle with your eye areas when removing makeup and apply eye cream. I get this during promotions at S$15.90 or 30% discounts which works out to S$20.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by rednerite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was horrible for me. I had mild under eye circles and dry skin, I tried this product and had what appears to be an allergic reaction to one of the MANY ingredients that are NOT all natural...clearly I should have the ingredients before using it. The skin around my eyes became very red, dried out and tight/taught, I developed a lump on my eye like an eye granule and the skin all around my eyes and eyelid blew up and became very swollen. It has been 2 days now since I tried this product and stopped using it, and my eyes still have not returned to normal. I am getting ready to go to an esthetician to see if there is any eye treatment they can do to help reduce the swelling/puffiness and get rid of the redness. The dark circles that became significantly worse I'll just have to wait to get better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by missylin

I would say, I am not disappointed by the fact that it doesn't help on dark circles.... the only way and best way to reduce dark circle is to sleep on time and get up on time!

But it does perfect on moisturizing.~

So I would say i like it a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by jeubleu

While it did feel moisturizing, it didn't help my lines nor my dark circles. However, I've seen it working on someone else.
Pros:
-- It felt moisturizing.
-- Somehow my eyelashes grew longer after using this.
Cons:
-- It made me have granules under my eyes!!!
-- It didn't help my lines nor my dark circles nor puffiness.
However, I gave this to my mom and when she was using it, her lines diminished somewhat. So I guess it works better on mature skins?
-- For its price and the fact it caused more trouble than benefits...