August 28, 2014 | 1552 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ravenwine

As a disclaimer, I don't have much experience with eye creams to judge how good this is. Nevertheless, I love how this smells - I can't put a word to it but all I can say is, it smells very comforting, and lovely. I love how it feels on my skin as well.
However I still have some fine lines after using this for a few months...
I'll probably not repurchase it since there are many other eye creams out there to try out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Nichole1719

I really like this product. The skin above my eyelids gets very dry and flaky, but this cream resolves the issue. I noticed that it improved the appearance (lightened) of my dark circles when I used it consistently.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

it's cheap and available.... that's pretty much all it is really. sadly this product represents the general image (the body shop) has of being deceptive with it's products that give you promises but don't deliver.

at best it gives you the feeling of cream around your eye but not in an overly oily way like some other products. after using it regularly for about a month I don't notice a change, doesn't even moisturize the area.

my advice... Skip it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

to me theres nothing special about this.
PROS:
1. cheap
2. it does moisturizes my eyes
3. i like the tube thing

CONS:
1. doesnt do much but moistened my eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read a lot of reviews of people who were just OK or didn't care for this eye cream. I have only used a handful, but I really like this one because I have a dry undereye area and this does a good job at moisturizing that for me. In general, the vitamin E line at the body shop is great for my dry skin.

Sounds like a sad sob story, but on an evening when I cried before sleeping, I woke up with puffy eyes naturally. I applied this eyecream to the puffy areas and they were almost de-puffed after one minute! So for me, this works in that aspect as well as moisturize.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really don't feel that it did anything special, it's just a regular light moisturiser for the eye area.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a free gift and am not really sure what I expected from it. I had never used an eye cream before but was always reading that one should start using eye cream early, so I was pleased to receive this product. I don't have dark circles, bags, puffy eyes, or lines (I am only 20) so I didn't really see any change in anything. However, it also did not irritate my eyes or make them puffy or anything, so that was a plus. The packaging was easy to use and it has a subtle smell that was pleasant but not overpowering. I would consider purchasing this again, but I will probably look for an eye-cream with SPF instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesnt reduce dark eye circles. It only moisturizers but even that doesnt last very long. Im not buying it again in the hopes that theres a better eye cream out there. I will finish the tube though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Kikuri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's good, but I was expecting it will reduce the lines under my eyes. But it did make my eyes soft, and look more awake. :) Just be careful to get it in your eyes, it stings in mine, and a little blurry, but it will go away after a few minutes. I'll probably buy it again but maybe after I find something that effectively reduce or made the lines under my eyes disappear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish I could give this a 3.5 as it's really a little better than a 3. I am in my late 40s and I don't expect miracles from any eye cream. This product says it will moisturize, reduce bags and reduce dark circles. As I expected, it did nothing to reduce bags, but neither has anything else I tried, so I didn't get too mad about it. (I don't have a big problem with dark circles, so I can't speak to that.) What I like: It has a nice texture (not too watery, not too oily or greasy), absorbs quickly, and has no detectable scent. I also like the compact, hygienic tube--and I love the pale pink color. What I didn't like: At $17 normally I feel this is a bit costly, although I guess that's really par for the course for even drugstore eye cream these days.

Overall, I am very happy with this product. It does a nice job at moisturizing, without being TOO emollient. Some creams that are very thick actually seem to exacerbate my undereye bags, while this one did not. I typically use this in the daytime and a heavier cream at night. This one is good under makeup.