The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

2.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 10/27/2013 4:29:00 PM

horrible eye cream. got one huge red bump under eye. nvr happen snce i born. hating bodyshop

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I quite like this eye cream. It's one of the only ones I've ever used and a big plus that it doesn't irritate my eyes. I have an allergy to something and if I use the wrong products on my face my eyes swell up like nobodies business and I look like Quasimodo (it's that bad, I can't even see well enough to drive when it happens). So non irritating is a huge plus for me. It doesn't do anything for my dark circles and I don't have fine lines to speak of but it's a great moisturiser for me, and I definitely notice when I forget to put it on. If I don't moisturise my under eye area gets really crepey and I get dry flaky eyelids and also dry flaky bits in the inner corners. Also my eyes hurt. It costs a bit ($24.95 AUD) but it does last forever so I guess that's ok. I would say though, when you think you've run out, cut the top off the tube and scrape the leftover into a smaller container. I went and bought a new one, but after cutting the old tube open found that there was still at least a month's worth in there...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a thin, watery eye cream that doesn't perform. It will not hydrate your eye area, or do much of anything, for that matter. I used it for about a month then gave up in exasperation. I thought it might make a nice, light moisturizer (I require more hydration on my eyes than the rest of my face) but it's just watery and sticky. The first two ingredients are water and glycerin, so I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. Also, my tube's no more than a few months old and it's already gone rancid.

I'm not a fan of The Body Shop and this eye cream did nothing to improve my opinion of them.

on 11/16/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for a few months and I love it! Deeply moisturize around my eyes area, making it easier for me to apply my make up. However the price is quite expensive for me: SGD$28+

But, I'll still repurchase for the sake of taking care of my skin. :)

on 9/13/2012 4:20:00 PM

This product is a total waste of money. I have finished 4 tubes of this. still no change in my under eye dark circles. please dont buy this one and waste your money

on 8/13/2012 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eye cream is a very good moisturizer but it doesn't do anything else for fine lines. It stays good under make up. It's cheap and lasts long so while I keep searching for the best eye cream, I can continue using this.

on 7/28/2012 5:07:00 PM

I was tired of expensive eye creams claiming to do all these wonderful things and then failing, or worse, irritating my under eye area. This cream is just a normal, everyday cream. It doesn't irritate. It doesn't cover dark circles. But it DOES moisturize like crazy. I use a heavy concealer over top of it (I have very dark under eye circles) and it stays beautifully throughout the day, no caking or settling into lines. I really like that it comes in a tube, you can get every last bit out (unlike those silly pumps that some eye creams come in) and the price is super affordable compared to a lot of other eye creams (even drug store brands, like Aveno, which I love). The Body Shop has tonnes of sales and I usually buy this cream for cheaper than it actually is. I will continue to buy this until I actually need a "anti-aging cream" (but, c'mon, who knows if anti aging creams really work...my advice, sunscreen, sunglasses and regular moisturizer everyday).

Pros:
cheaper than most brands at $17 (cheaper if there is a sale)
packaging allows you to get every bit out
quite a generous amount in the tube, lasts a long time
makeup goes on great over top

Cons
does not do anything special, like firm the area or get rid of dark circles

on 4/24/2012 6:25:00 PM

As a disclaimer, I don't have much experience with eye creams to judge how good this is. Nevertheless, I love how this smells - I can't put a word to it but all I can say is, it smells very comforting, and lovely. I love how it feels on my skin as well.
However I still have some fine lines after using this for a few months...
I'll probably not repurchase it since there are many other eye creams out there to try out.

on 4/24/2012 5:28:00 PM

I really like this product. The skin above my eyelids gets very dry and flaky, but this cream resolves the issue. I noticed that it improved the appearance (lightened) of my dark circles when I used it consistently.

on 3/29/2012 8:40:00 PM

it's cheap and available.... that's pretty much all it is really. sadly this product represents the general image (the body shop) has of being deceptive with it's products that give you promises but don't deliver.

at best it gives you the feeling of cream around your eye but not in an overly oily way like some other products. after using it regularly for about a month I don't notice a change, doesn't even moisturize the area.

my advice... Skip it.