Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I swapped for this and am glad I did. I have light auburn hair and in the summer, I end up with some very blonde pieces and some orangeyness in my hair. I wanted this to sort of get rid of that and in one use with maybe a quarter sized amount it did that.
This will not be a daily conditioner for me as I don't want to turn my hair brown, I only wanted to get rid of the sun-bleaching. I worked great, so with minimal use the half tube I got will probably last forever.
Definately worth the investment, even with the price of $17.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've colored my hair once in my entire life. I straighten my hair maybe three times a year, and on a regular day, i clip it up, put it in a bun, or let the layers do their job down low. This is all to say, that I take excellent care of my hair. Put masks on it once or twice a week, use a cleansing shampoo once a week, and try not to shampoo it more than four times a week (but this is Hawaii here, humidity kills). So I did not buy this in attempts at making my hair stronger nor to repair it. It wasn't broken.

I'm one of those girls that admires girls like Adriana Lima, Kate Beckinsale, and brazillian women like Camilla Alves. All with nice dark locks of hair, especially the brazillian models. I've always wanted my hair a darker chocolate shade of brown (it's a medium/dark brown), but I didn't want to dye it! alas, the thought of that! haha
i never knew a product like this existed, but i happened to stumble across it reading the reviews on decent conditioners. absolutely ground-breaking, that's the truth of this.

perhaps it will darken more, as i intend to use it once a week. i left it on for ten minutes, and it didn't drastically color it (it wasn't black thank goodness lol). nor did it color my walls nor my hands nor my skin (but i was cautious as it seems to have colored some people's worlds on here). my hair now is more luminous, and a hint darker. it conditions well, no tangles. i haven't gauged it on moisture just yet, but my hair wasn't frizzy the next day. my boss and my assistant manager both color their hair religiously (to cover the grays) and after seeing the results i've had, they're going out to buy this!

since it's the only one of its kind, i have to give it five stars. perhaps in the future, if they ever make organic products to rival this, it could drop down one lipstick. However, seeing that there's no hair damage for $17 for a decent sized tube? organic too? this is as good as it gets for now. and i'm satisfied with that.

UPDATE: I uploaded a picture of the results right after. As you can see, it really made it luminous, and a tinge darker like i mentioned. You can look at my other pictures to see roughly what it appeared before. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this not knowing what that this product would deposit colour into my hair. I was looking for a new conditioner at my hair salon, and the person helping me suggested this conditioner since i dye my hair dark brown. I thought this was like a normal conditioner, for colour- treated hair type of thing. The first time I used it, I think I used too much because for the weeks after, people kept on asking me if I dyed my hair darker. This would have been ok, had I not already paid a lot of money for someone to dye my hair a particular shade that was not quite as dark. I didn't use this again for another month or so, waiting for the colour to fade. I took another chance with it after I got back from vacation and my hair had lightened a bit. This time I shampooed and conditioned my hair as usual, and then rinsed out my normal conditioner and put just a bit of this in. I let it sit for only about a minute, maybe less, and then thoroughly rinsed it out. This time, I liked the results. It seemed to brighten up my hair without overly darkening it. I would say to use this with caution, especially if your hair isn't extremely dark already and you aren't interested in darkening it!!

So I have red hair, and during the summer time this red goes a bit too light and orange for me. I purchased this conditioner with the hopes of darkening it up a bit and eliminating that orange....and it has done just that! Also, it brought back to life my faded out lowlights! My only gripe is the price....it's pretty darn expensive for not a whole lot of conditioner :-( At first I did not enjoy the smell, but I have since gotten used to it. Altogether I love the results and recommend it for redheads!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For me the best use of this product is as a color-deposit, I don't think it performs particularly well as a conditioner. To cover brassy tones (my brown hair is sun-bleached by August, and I don't like the gingery-red tones) it works really well without risking hair-coloring mistakes (it washes out, no effect on your hair color beneath, and because I use no sulfate shampoo, the color lasts a couple weeks). I ignore the directions and instead apply to dampened (not wet) hair, let sit for 30 minutes or so, then rinse out. It's like a "toner" to balance out your brown hair color, without commitments or headaches. Yes it will stain and the tube is a bit eager to dispense its gloopy goodness, so I echo others' warnings to take care when using. Smells great too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do like the colour deposit quality of this though would advise diluting it with another conditioner as it really darkened my mid brown hair in one use. However as a conditioner it's awful on me, made my hair dull and stiff - like a flat brown helmet.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have wanted to try this product for the longest time based on the reviews here. I have natural red hair that applied henna to so that it would be a dark auburn brown. I was hoping to use this product as a touch up product to darken the roots between henna treatments. I had no problems using this product. To avoid the mess in the shower I applied this to my hair wearing latex gloves at my kitchen sink. Unfornately this brought out the orangey-red highlights in my hair that I had put the henna on in the first place to cover. Just did not work for what I wanted. I would not consider it a traditional hair conditioner as it really is to deposit color and not condition hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When people say this stuff stains, they aren't kidding. Hands. Nails. Shower curtain. Bath tub.....

What it doesn't seem to stain - my grey hairs. Which got BRIGHTER!!!! Even after 4 uses. I'm hoping it's just me....

I have to use an obscene amount of this product during each use. Admittedly, I have long hair (about mid-back) - but it usually doesn't take a golf-ball size amount of product (of any formulation) to condition my hair. I can normally get away with less than 1/2 that amount of other conditioners. Even more damning, this conditioner didn't seem to make my hair any less frizzy.

Only reason for 2 lippies - it didn't set off my reactive scalp.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm getting to the greying stage where I should really have the roots on my parting retouched every two weeks. Sometimes I don't find the time, resulting in regrowth that looks rather obvious and unsightly. So I tried Aveda Clove conditioner, noting the fact that it says it isn't for use on grey but hoping it would work anyway. I'm pleased to say that it does. After 3 weeks of use since my last dyeing session, a very slight difference is apparent between root regrowth and dyed hair but it blends in really well compared to the glaring difference I usually get. The overall shade of brown is nicer too, being rich but not at all brassy. I did find that my hair was rather dry after I used it on its own, but mixing it with another conditioner seems to work fine without negating the colour depositing effect. The only real disadvantage is that it's pricey, but considering how effective it is, I definitely think it's worthwhile and am going to keep on buying it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got mid-brown hair long hair that I colour with a rinse every 2 months to cover some cheeky greys. Since using this I've realised I've gone months without thinking that my hair could do with a recolour. This is not only a great conditioner, but it seems to blend any sign of regrowth (even the greys) and has kept my hair looking like it is naturally this great colour. If it wasn't for MUA I wouldn't have looked twice at this product.
Just be careful when using it if you have a white shower, as this stuff will stain if it gets on the tiles.