April 20, 2014 | 1784 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by cowgirlamber

For the price, I would expect this concealor to cover my blemishes better... but it doesn't. I've tried applying this multiple ways and it just doesn't work as well as the hype said it did. And that's why I bought it... all the hype. The only one I find to be decent is the apricot one for undereyes. Other than that, I think I'll stick to my NYX jar concealor.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this with my Make Up For Ever High Definition Foundation. And I have to say I was more pleased with the foundation than this one. I maybe think I bought this concealer in a wrong color, but it seems useless to me to have 5 colors in a palette when I only use two colors.
Furthermore, I do not think this covers 100 % and I find that annoying. I actually started using my old concealer from Rimmel - i think it looks more natural on my skin and doesn't get as "cakey" as this one does!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by happyasthesun

I have this is No. 2, intended for "Asian skintones" (more yellow toned, I guess). I have a problem because concealers that are marketed as "universal" are too pink for me (which does not help to conceal redness/pigmentation) and ones marketed for yellow undertones are way too yellow on my skintone. This palette gives me a lovely balance between the two undertones and it's great because you can mix and match.

As someone who tans and pales (? is that the correct verb?) this is a lifesaver because in the end, I'm saving money because I don't need to buy six different concealers. However, only one of the shades (the fourth one from the left) matches me atm. And I'm pretty much at my palest, which means this palette will do nothing for me in the summer. I use the other colors as soft highlighters, though, and it works great down the bridge of the nose or on my cheekbones to give me a brighter complexion without overtly shimmery pink highlighting.

The coverage is great, the top layer was sort of dry but once I worked through the top "dry" layer the creaminess is amazing. Doesn't last ALL day, but no concealer does (for me). A decent purchase, seeing as how I've managed to use the other shades as highlighters, but I don't need a palette of concealers too light for my skintone. Won't repurchase, but I'll use it up.

For those of you whose skin tones are pale and you can't find the right balance between a yellow- and pink-toned concealer, definitely check No. 2 out

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Mrs15Heb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(I have n1) I decided to add a review on this now even though I just purchased yesterday for my birthday and have just tried it out today for the first time. I need to still keep trying different ways to make it work... That's my biggest gripe.. When I've lusted over something for months and can't wait to get it and have such high hopes and see all these youtube gurus use it and look amazing... I really get pissed when it just doesn't work when you use it the way you've seen everyone else use it... Then you know you have to f around with it and see if it will work... Like I don't want to take it back b/c I want to love it.. But if it isn't going to work I want to just go get something that will work and I am not lusting after any other concealer at the moment... I'd just get a mac studio finish if I took this back.. but that's not as "versatile" as this is made to be.. I do love the salmon color under my eyes. I first use a moisturizer, garnier anti dark circle eye roller, primer (right now it's too faced/RoC anti-aging) and then the salmon concealer before foundation as a color corrector. It didn't crease or dry my under eye area out. I love that. And it did help to brighten but then again maybe I shouldn't have used the garnier b/c that stuff is so amazing anyway maybe that's why it looked good... Anyway... I used the 3rd and 4th skin tone shades to conceal areas on my face where I have redness and breakouts.. and I bought this because I have been breaking out lately a lot just from trying different foundations and moisturizers and primers.. it's always good to just stick with one thing." If it ain't broke don't fix it" So I bought this concealer hoping it wouldn't make my zits worse.. but after trying a sample of Estee Lauder's Double wear my entire chin dried out and with these concealers on trying to cover redness it just is a mess. I knew they probably wouldn't be good on dry skin but I am hoping once my chin clears up from the E.L. disaster the MUFE concealer won't just make my chin get dry or look drier than it really is. I'm on the fence with this one...it contains oils so I thought it may do okay with dry skin.. I don;t think it would dry me out under normal circumstances as i am diligent about exfoliating and moisturizing but if you have dry spots it will make them look worse.. and honestly, it didn't cover my blemishes very well at all... like not at all.. I wasn't happy about it but will update as soon as I come to a conclusion on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Strokes95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product! I have the one with the green concealer aswell and the green concealer covered up the redness SO AMAZING, i have to say sometimes the product would not stay on all day. I do love this product I simply wouldnt buy it again as it was expensive and I could only use 3 of the tones and the other 2 were too dark :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by GoddessLaura

I am NC15/MUFE HD 117 and I have this in palette number 1. I find this to be an incredibly useful palette for me. No. 13 is perfect for under my eyes.. but i have to use a hydrating eye cream with it to prevent it from being too drying. No. 15 is great for tackling especially blue areas around my eyes. No. 14 is perfect for my red spots. If I have a particularly red area then I blend a bit of no. 17 (the green one) in with no. 14 to more effectively cancel the red. I do not recommend using the green color on its own. I find these concealers last all day on my oily skin.

The packaging is.. adequate. I often worry about crushing the plastic lid or breaking the hinge... but I've had it 6 months and it hasn't happened yet.

I will repurchase when I use up one of the colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by HlovesK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so disappointed with this product,. All the youtube guru's have talked about it so about 9 months ago I bought it and used it for about two months and hated it, came back to it - hated it again. And again! It did not cover blemishes very well at all. The only thing it was good for was under eyes BUT the colors were SO off from my skin. The light and medium palette's were way too light so maybe dark would have worked better but it was too expensive to re-purchase. I prefer MAC studio pot concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by eener654

too expensive for what it is. i don't find it all that great when it comes to covering blemishes, which i initially bought it for (i have the one with the green). but it fails to cover up the blemishes at all. it looks nice at first, but after a few minutes, it sort of separates and grabs onto the dry areas of the pimples making it look extra obvious.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC45 and I have this palette in No. 4.

When I first bought this, I was very excited because the whole idea behind this palette is great. 5 different shades that you can mix and match to conceal and correct different areas of your face.

The orange shade was very good for neutralizing my dark circles. I used it sometimes with no other makeup because it worked well to brighten up my face. I would use the shade in the middle of the palette around/to define my brows and would mix two other shades to conceal dark spots.The texture is very light and easy to apply. It seemed like the perfect all purpose product. But the orange shade is the main reason I bought this palette.

Ive since stopped using it around my eyes, though, because I found that after about an hour the orange shade would settle into fine lines under my eyes, which is very noticeable and not so pretty. The texture works well for other parts of my face but not for around the eyes. It seems to contain oil, which explains why it settles into the lines. I wish the texture was different, just for the orange shade.

I've since been using MUFE's full coverage concealer or my dark circles, which is the perfect texture for around the eyes and works fairly well. But the orange shade really knocks out the dark circles completely. This is the only product I've found in this orange shade. How disappointing.

The oil in this product also caused my waterproof mascara to smudge.

Overall, this is a decent product, for those who don't plan to use it under their eyes or or those who don't have fine lines for it to settle in. I won't repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by 87PersianPrincess

This palette lasted me one year and I have a lot to conceal. I am trying drugstore concealers but since I ran out I have noticed that my makeup doesnt look as good as it used to..might have to repurchase.
expensive but the best concealer I have ever tried. no comparisons. BEST.