December 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

So this product isn't a moisturizer, it is a serum. I always put a moisturizer on after because I have normal skin and it feels good :)

This leaves my skin feeling so good, glowing and smooth after using it. The ingredient profile is excellent. I am a person who always looks for reviews and ingredients before buying skin care products and this product sums it all.

It has Niacinamide, Amino Peptide, Vitamin E, and green tea which are very important if you want younger looking skin. I have always been very into anti aging kits as I want to look good when I'm even older!!

This has no fragrance and price is completely reasonable.

I definitely recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dianne1023

I have been using this for many years. I think since it first hit the market. The generics are not the same. Olays brand name is the only way to go. The packaging is minimal and appealing, easy to open. The product goes on smoothly and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily, just silky soft and wrinkle free (at 37 years young) from many years of use. Works best following a good exfoliation and makes for a great base/primer for applying foundation. I follow it up with Cover Girls cream foundation with Regenerist in it. Perfect combination. Price is a bit high, but you get what you pay for. Watch for coupons and use with local drug stores B1G1 half off sales to maximize savings and the price isn't an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by laupsy

This is the only serum that fixes my dry, flakey patches during the winter. I've tried Pond's dry skin cream, olive oil, vaseline, and this is the only one that helps. I'm very very acne prone and this serum does not break me out. Recommended for anyone dealing with dry, raw, irritated flakey skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I've had bottles of this laying around for years. I never really saw much of a difference when I used it alone so I'd use it a few times and set it aside. Then I read recently that this stuff makes good makeup primer. I've been on a hunt for a good primer that doesn't make me greasy. THIS IS A GREAT PRIMER! My makeup went on so smooth, I couldn't believe it. I'll update my review in a few weeks and see if anything has changed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll start out with what is good about this serum and then my experience with it.
NOTE: I will mention some research on some ingredients featured in this. A lot of this research is still in the beginning phase.
NOTE 2: Even though I wholeheartedly recommend this serum I have noticed via reviews and personal appearance that niacinimide is not as compatible with acne as I once thought. This can increase the fatty acids on skin but my ( unproven) hypothesis is that if this ( or a product with a lot of niacinamide) is put on acne it can worsen breakouts. The solution is to apply it to areas where you don't have acne.
The ingredients I will touch on are the Niacinimide the peptides vitamin b vitamin c vitamin e allantoin green tea and glycerine
There is a lot of potential going with the formulation with this serum. Those with acne prone skin hypo/hyper pigmentation or dry skin may be interested in the benefits offered.
As for users with acne prone skin I can't promise they wont break out ( it is impossible to predict that.) However this might feel better on acne prone skin as it has a light texture due to the silicones in it. As opposed to a motion that is more heavier. It has anti-irritants such as allantoin and green tea wich cut down on irritation and may reduce redness in skin tone from inflammation.
Users with dry skin might appeal to the niacinimide in here. New research made public by 'Olay' is showing that niacinimide present in 2-3% may increase fatty acids and ceramides in the skins barrier. This means that dry skin will be able to keep more of what it needs to retain its natural barrier. The humectant present (glycerine) can assist in preventing moisture from escaping.
Niacinimide also shows promise for skin lightening. In 2-3% (the amount here) it has anti-flammatory benefits that may reduce pigmentstion issues. This serum also has 'vitamin C' this vitamin has research on its ability to lighten skin but there is not the recommended amount present in here. Although it will make a good antioxidant. There are some claims that a peptide here may reduce hyper pigmentation but more evidence is needed.
Peptides are present here too. There are theorys that peptides may act as cell communicating ingredients. This is very exciting alas there is not enough proof present to prove this and they do nothing to moisturize the skin as 'Olay' says.
There are antioxidants present though and these may prevent against some damage from ree radicals on the skin. The antioxidants included are: 'vitamin b' 'vitamin c' 'vitamin e' and green tea.
The anti-irritants present are : 'green tea's and 'allantoin'.
(For those who would like to know Green tea interestingly has some UV protection propertys but alone it is not enough and you still need sunscreen.)
This is packaged in a non -opaque container to keep the ingredients stable. It has a pump wich also protects the ingredients and allows the consumer to control how much they get. It is 1.7 fluid oz for $25.50 and availlable at grocery stores pharmacys and beauty stores such as 'Sephora' and'Ulta'. It is a little pricey for a drugstore brand be rest assured though that there is a 'Ulta' nearby me and they offer coupons(I do not know about 'Sephora'. ) 'Olay' has coupons available often in the circulars and Sunday fliers as well as online.
'Olay' once offered a 'fragrance free' version that I liked but I suspect they discontinued it because I have not seen it.
My experience: I love this serum and will continue to using it there are some things I am not happy about but the positives outweigh the negatives.
A couple of winters ago I had dry skin . I used this hoping it would help but it was not enough on its own.I have some small acne scars on my face. This has reduced the redness about them that lasts for a couple of days. I use other products in conjunction with this that help so Iam not sure if this alone is helping me or if it is the addition of the other products I use. I do suspect that it has helped though.
This has never irritated my skin and I love the way it feels. Sometimes there is not enough slip to put it all over my face in 1 -2 strokes so more is needed but I guess it is okay.
'Olay' used to sell a 'fragrance free' option that I have not been able to find. I'am disappointed about this but the other version is not irritating to my skin.
UPDATE : The amount of niacin this contains can help with some skin lightening but not spectacularly. The optimal percentage for skin lightening is 5% and this as I mentioned before this has only 2-3 %. In essence this amount can still help a little but if your issue is discoloration mixing this with another product containing niacin may give you even better results.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by coolchik451

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product and my face is totally broken out. I've never had a problem with pimples. Guess I'll use it up for my neck, which seems to be fine, but didn't realize the silicone content, so it'll be my last bottle. The Olay pump creams seem a much better product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by annababe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use the Regenerist serum for a few years now, at night. (And the Regenerist SF 15 lotion during the day.)
It's very silky and smooth.
My skin looks nice and soft, but I don't know if it can restore or prevent wrinkles, but it contains niacinamide and anti-oxydants.
I don't use it on my nose, because it may clog the pores.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

I think this is great, it makes my skin ultra smooth. It smells nice and soaks quickly into the skin. I need a moisturiser on top of this because it is not moisturising enough, but I still love it. One of my best buys.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by alexamj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

really good serum loaded with antioxidants and niacinamide in it faded away my red blotches

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by JLomas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great reasonably priced serum. It's light-weight but does the job. Absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any stickiness. I'd definitely buy this product again.