August 28, 2014 | 1740 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Vita-K - Solution for Dark Circles Under Eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by scloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this on clearance at CVS for $3. Good thing I only wasted 3 bucks. This product is horrible. After about 2-3 days of using it, I noticed I was developing millia under my eyes - those tiny white bumps. I stopped using VitaK and they disappeared. Horrible product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i have terrible under eye circles... im italian and mine are 85% genetic and im also a full time college student taking 5 classes and working 2 jobs.... sleep is a luxury for me right now. i bought this at walgreens for $17 and it was such a waste... it burns and stings horribly but i assumed because im a contact lense wearer that i have super sensitive eyes... it caused my eyes to tear and sting and turn red for the night... it dried out my under eye area and causes a hoirrble red rash under my eyes that looks like eczema and my skin flaked and peeled off for weeks... i couldnt wear makeup over it to hide it because it burned and the makeup flaked off and crusted.... i used this product to look better.. not look like i stuck my face in a bucket of acid!! i wish i had known about this site sooner and read the reviews first because i would have saved myself time, money and my skin

p.s it has been 2 months since i stopped using it and i still have light pink patches under my eyes from the chemical burn i got from this product.... please say NO

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ticabastos

I hate this stuff. It dried up the skin so much, caused a red rash and caused peeling and flaking of my undereye area. I couldn't even wear make-up until the skin healed (took a couple of weeks!). And as I waited for my burned skin to heal, my eyes looked worse than before I used this product. It was such a waste of money. If only I had known of these review boards BEFORE I tried this product a few years ago. I remembered my bad experience when I saw it for sale at a local drug store just recently. That prompted me to add my own warning to those who are contemplating this product. I really think it should not be be sold; I do NOT have sensitive skin. So if it burned up my eye area, I can't even imagine what it might do to someone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by samanthas625

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This works better than anything else I have tried. It lightened the circles for about 48 hours but, it has no long term effects. I didn't experiance any burning but, it did make my skin feel really tight. I don't use this everyday but, I use it whenever I don't wear any makeup and it works great!
Sorry it didn't work for everyone else!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It irritated my eyes, they started burning, had to wash it off, wound up rubbing my eyes all night, was awful

dont buy this garbage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

It irritated my eye area and it did nothing to help lessen my dark circles.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not buy this product, as witch hazel can irritate skin. I bought Vita-K Solution for Blotchy Skin & highly recommend it. It has the best overall ingredients out of all of their formulas & I've used it around my eyes with no adverse affects. It cuts redness too. It is super emollient & thick, so I'd use it at night or after a chemical peel. I got bad dark circles in just the past year. Wikihow states dark eye circles may be carbon deposits. "incomplete protein absorption may result from insufficient hydrochloric acid in your stomach that may be caused by a lack of primarily B6 & Folic acid." B vitamins have also helped me to reduce the darkness. Some people cannot absorb B vitamins well. A doctor can determine if your B vitamin levels (usually they test B12) are low with a blood test and prescribe prescription vitamins if necessary. Wikihow mentioned that topical vitamin K and retinol may help too.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mscpbd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could not use it... I tried several times but it made my eyes burn so bad - I had to stop.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Jox3347

...continuing the pilgramage to discover a product that works for dark, dark, undereye circles. This did nothing--it actually made it worse. This product does more than just sting--it actually burns and hurts so bad. Despite this, I tried 2x/day to apply this for 4 weeks. Nothing--made the circles and undereye area worse! Better product that I've found success with is MyChelle's dark undereye and puffiness gel cream sold at Whole foods--this is my HG!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by corbster98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Vita-K for undereye circles only made my eyes look worse. After using it faithfully for several weeks, my undereye area eventually turned bright pink and somewhat swollen. The product also left me with dry and rough patchy skin underneath my eyes. UGH!!!!!!! I was really hoping that this product would have worked some for me.. but I guess I am just not one of the lucky ones that have gotten positive results. Sending the rest back to get my money back!!!